My penny stock plays

CaptainJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's a way to solve this feud. Did you make a profit on your penny stock plays Cordoncordon? If you did then that's all that matters.

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cordoncordon said:
This is kinda funny. I have a little geek boy virgin who lives on the internet telling me not only that my trading isn't real, but he's also telling me how to invest my money! Love it!

As for larger plays, I have plenty. MRNA, RXII, ARWR, BP, COCO. But lets face it, most the the people on here are playing with a couple thousand dollars if that, they really aren't going to make any money buying 50 shares of BP. Now, buying 200,000 shares of RTGV or 750,000 shares of SRCP? Yeah, a lot more chance to make some money there.
This is rich.

I would expect a finance guy to realize that investing your *couple of thousand dollars* to buy 50 shares of BP and making 10% gives you the same amount of profit as taking the *couple of thousand* and buying 200,000 shares of RTGV and making 10%.

This is awesome, a trader not even understanding basic P&L calcs, beautiful.

Of course you will chime in with: 'But with RTGV you can make 1000% with less risk!' Again, hedge fund players really need to stop settling for 10% singles in BP, when they could be getting 1000% homeruns in POS.OB or POS.PK. Investing in stocks with a market cap over $100MM? That is so 'old school' get with the new paradigm, if you're not playing pennies, you're not even trying to make money

Wiesman44

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Concordon, I'm curious why you picked MRNA ? Not knocking u, just genuinely curious why you think they'll go up.

In terms of fundamentals, they are just terrible. -128% return on assets, -3000% operating margin.

Whats the story with this company ?

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Trader said:
This is rich.

I would expect a finance guy to realize that investing your *couple of thousand dollars* to buy 50 shares of BP and making 10% gives you the same amount of profit as taking the *couple of thousand* and buying 200,000 shares of RTGV and making 10%.

This is awesome, a trader not even understanding basic P&L calcs, beautiful.

Of course you will chime in with: 'But with RTGV you can make 1000% with less risk!' Again, hedge fund players really need to stop settling for 10% singles in BP, when they could be getting 1000% homeruns in POS.OB or POS.PK. Investing in stocks with a market cap over $100MM? That is so 'old school' get with the new paradigm, if you're not playing pennies, you're not even trying to make money
Whoever said anything about making 10% on RTGV? I know I didn't. If that isn't at 10 cents or higher by next winter I'll stop trading. Thats 900%.

This is funny coming from a kid playing with $600 in your account.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wiesman44 said:
Hey Concordon, I'm curious why you picked MRNA ? Not knocking u, just genuinely curious why you think they'll go up.

In terms of fundamentals, they are just terrible. -128% return on assets, -3000% operating margin.

Whats the story with this company ?
This is my all time favorite stock. I've known about the company for over 2 years. First discovered it around 25 cents (that was pre reverse split-they did a 1 for 4 RS 2 months ago). Stock went from .25 to $4, and had many other spikes in between. Made 7 figures on it so far. The ceo is Michael French-probably the best CEO I know of-and they are in RNAi biotech discovery. That will be the new way that diseases are cured in the not to distant future. French was one of the head guys at RNAI (Sirna Theraputics) 3 years ago and arranged a buyout by Merck for about $1 Billion there. He then moved to MRNA which is were I discovered it. If you go back to Oct/nov of 2008, see the big spike? I had loaded up on it in the preceeding days and then started to post on it at my various stock boards I frequent. In fact here was my very first post on it from back then>notice the big spike the next day :).

xxxxxxx Member Level Share Wednesday, October 08, 2008 1:31:53 PM
Re: None Post # of 1962216
In MRNA .25-this was a $18 stock not long ago. Still only had 32 M OS, has $17 M in cash, $6 m debt, 70 cent book value, and they have a number of drugs and processes still in the pipeline in RNAi development, which is the hot new way to cure diseases. This was $3 earlier this year. This company is NOT going out of biz and even one phase I or II success and its a $5 stock again.

Soo oversold.

------

So anyway, they just merged with another RNAi company in July which helps their cash position and increases their drug portfolio. Yet the stock pre split is down to 70 cents. Even at its lowest the past year it stayed around $1.25. So right now it is RIPE for a major run on some major news-mainly a joint pharma collaboration with a BIGTIME Pharma company, along with some major RNAi news. With the float being so low now after the RS, we get the news I expect and I think it could go to $10-$15 in a heartbeat. Plus there is always a buyout possibility.

BTW its an emerging bio tech company. Almost all of them have poor fundamentals as they are still in research mode and funding their various phase I, II, and III trails. Very few of these smaller bio techs have actual revenues yet. They trade strictly on the hope that they will have some giant drug and disease fighting discoveries. Many go BK, but when they hit, they hit BIG. Ala DNDN.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And oh btw, SRCP, don't say I didn't tell you. 30 m share cross (prearranged buy) just went through. :) Going to go huge very soon.

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cordoncordon said:
Whoever said anything about making 10% on RTGV? I know I didn't. If that isn't at 10 cents or higher by next winter I'll stop trading. Thats 900%.
No one is going to keep track of this POS penny stock to see if you are right

cordoncordon said:
The penny stock trader is talking about pikers - this is awesome

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Trader said:
No one is going to keep track of this POS penny stock to see if you are right
You apparently do keep track since you keep posting here and keep bringing up and talking about past plays.

Clown. You know you are totally coming across as a jealous little kid right?

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cordoncordon said:
You apparently do keep track since you keep posting here and keep bringing up and talking about past plays.
You are correct, no need to keep track any more since your previous picks have been verified that they are POS

cordoncordon said:
Clown. You know you are totally coming across as a jealous little kid right?
Don't think it is possible to be jealous of anyone who makes coin off of pennies. If you think people in the industry are jealous, you are living in your own bubble

BigJimbo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CaptainJ said:
Here's a way to solve this feud. Did you make a profit on your penny stock plays Cordoncordon? If you did then that's all that matters.
15 year olds adding their two cents! Just as expected. Penny stocks are a joke. Everyone knows that. These guys frequent horse betting forums (where they are laughed at even by horse gamblers). They cut and paste this crap. That was proven earlier.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What is dumping?

You have a bunch of stock that's not being traded, so you need to get rid of it for some more money. You advertise the stock and get people interested. Eventually enough people become interested that the volume and the price goes up. Usually the more in demand a stock it (more volume) the higher the price goes. You sell all your stock when it reaches a nice price and walk away. Meanwhile, the people you got to invest are now holding worthless paper just like you were before.

CaptainJ said:
As long as you make money, no matter how morally questionable, to you that seems right. You've got a lot of growing up to do. You might realize that self respect doesn't have a cash value, and you can't buy it.

cordoncordon said:
It's not the size that matters, it's the ROI that's important.

Staten

Reaction score
what's up I'm Staten on iHub.. I came across RTGV in this board and checked it out.. cordoncordon when RTGV is at .10 next Summer, trader won't be saying anything.. I've been in RTGV for a while.. we just got financials which were solid.. the cc went well.. the company had a lot to say.. you seem to know this.. minimal buying will send this thing up.. all we are waiting for is some solid buying

CaptainJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
As long as you make money, no matter how morally questionable, to you that seems right. You've got a lot of growing up to do. You might realize that self respect doesn't have a cash value, and you can't buy it.
Wow, good job putting words in my mouth, did I ever say make money even if it was morally questionable? I was saying that making a profit was all that mattered in the context of stocks, because, let's face it, you wouldn't be trading stocks if you weren't out to make money now would you. If Cordoncordon is making money out of penny stocks then good on him. But it reeks of bitterness to call him evil because he deals in penny stocks.

Also I've noticed a lot of your posts seem to be quite bitter and judgmental. They are not good traits to have, and it may do you some good to learn a little tolerance :up:

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CaptainJ said:
Wow, good job putting words in my mouth, did I ever say make money even if it was morally questionable? I was saying that making a profit was all that mattered in the context of stocks, because, let's face it, you wouldn't be trading stocks if you weren't out to make money now would you. If Cordoncordon is making money out of penny stocks then good on him. But it reeks of bitterness to call him evil because he deals in penny stocks.

Also I've noticed a lot of your posts seem to be quite bitter and judgmental. They are not good traits to have, and it may do you some good to learn a little tolerance :up:
LOL agree. Trading penny stocks is somehow immoral?? LAMO. The OTC penny market is regulated by the Securities and Exchange commission. Just like the Nasdaq. Penny stocks trade like any other stock-however they are somewhat risky due to the nature of the companies involved. Most are startups with little or no money in the bank, so many fail. But anyone getting involved in penny stocks SHOULD know this going in already.

But to call it immoral? Too funny.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CaptainJ said:
If Cordoncordon is making money out of penny stocks then good on him.
I encourage you to trade based on his picks so you may see first hand what dumping is (also called pump and dump). You'll understand it better. Based on the evidence so far, this seems to be what he's doing.

Also, illegal according to the SEC.

cordoncordon said:
The OTC penny market is regulated by the Securities and Exchange commission. Just like the Nasdaq. Penny stocks trade like any other stock-however they are somewhat risky due to the nature of the companies involved. Most are startups with little or no money in the bank, so many fail. But anyone getting involved in penny stocks SHOULD know this going in already.
That may be, but the SEC requires far less information on the company when trading as a penny stock than a regular company on say.... the NASDAQ board.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
I encourage you to trade based on his picks so you may see first hand what dumping is (also called pump and dump). You'll understand it better. Based on the evidence so far, this seems to be what he's doing.
Hello? Calling captain Ob(li)vious? 99.9999999% of ALL penny stocks are pump and dumps. Again, anyone trading them should know this going in. If you don't, then you have no business trading them. You act like this is some big secret only the insiders or veteran traders know.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cordoncordon said:
Hello? Calling captain Ob(li)vious? 99.9999999% of ALL penny stocks are pump and dumps. Again, anyone trading them should know this going in. If you don't, then you have no business trading them. You act like this is some big secret only the insiders or veteran traders know.
Thank you.

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cordoncordon said:
Then spare the altruism talk: 'I only give out penny stock picks and not stocks on legitimate companies, because I want to help you make 1000% instead of 10% on some established company.'

The bottom line is, you are pumping these pennies and need other posters to buy in, so you can dump your worthless shares on them.

Your talk of altruism is a bit disingenous.

And what's funny is that you actually think you are a trader. Last time I checked, hedge funds have never looked for traders with "penny stock pumping and dumping experience.' I've heard of I-banks asking for traders with experience in OTC derivatives, but not OTC penny stocks.

I've heard of job postings asking for experience trading blue-chips, but not pink-sheets.

There's a reason why no one in the industry will take you seriously.

Check yourself.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Trader said:
Then spare the altruism talk: 'I only give out penny stock picks and not stocks on legitimate companies, because I want to help you make 1000% instead of 10% on some established company.'
Thats exactly right-you can make 1000's of % points profit in pennies. Not usually the case with big boards. You just need to get in and get out-as I have stated MANY times. Again now you are stating the obvious.

Trader said:
The bottom line is, you are pumping these pennies and need other posters to buy in, so you can dump your worthless shares on them.

Your talk of altruism is a bit disingenous.
I never said anything about trying to be a savior for anyone. I am just giving out some tips that I FEEL will be nice plays. You aren't interested in the plays? Fine, post your own then or stop posting in the thread. I don't need anyone from here buying anything. If you think a stock I trade moving up or down is contingent on whether people on this board buy or not, you are seriously deluded. I do it because it is an interest of mine and I like to discuss stocks with others. Same as anyone here posts about something they have an interest in.

Trader said:
And what's funny is that you actually think you are a trader. Last time I checked, hedge funds have never looked for traders with "penny stock pumping and dumping experience.' I've heard of I-banks asking for traders with experience in OTC derivatives, but not OTC penny stocks.

I've heard of job postings asking for experience trading blue-chips, but not pink-sheets.

There's a reason why no one in the industry will take you seriously.

Check yourself.
I've made over $600,000 in the past year, close to $2 million in the past 2.5 years. That is ALL I do for a living-trade stocks. I would say as a trader I'm doin' 'aight thanks. :)

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cordoncordon said:
Not usually the case with big boards.
Nonsense. You can use leverage. With good plays you can magnify your winnings (or losses). So yes, it's very possible to make large profits but with increased risk.

If you think a stock I trade moving up or down is contingent on whether people on this board buy or not, you are seriously deluded.
That's a good point, unfortunately we don't know enough about your activities to say this is the case. But this forum could simply be the drop in another bucket, or as you say just for fun to share info.