Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My new workout program

Kodiac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, below is my weekly workout sessions.

I workout twice a week. Also note that i included my leg workouts on the same day as my back / biceps as my legs are already quite large due to high weighted squats so i no longer dedicate one day to my legs.

Monday back/biceps/legs

Deadlift (3 sets)
Pullups (3 sets)
Barbell row (3 sets)
Dumbell row (2 sets)
Shrugs (3 sets)
Barbell curl (3 sets)
Dumbell incline curl
Hammer curl (2 sets)
-Leg press (3 sets)
-Squats (3 sets)

Wednesday Chest/shoulders/triceps

Bench press (3 sets)
Incline dumbell press (3 sets)
Close grip bench press (3 sets)
Military press (3 sets)
Dumbbell Lateral Raise (2sets)
Dumbbell Seated Rear Lateral Raise (2 sets)
Lying tricep extension/skullcrusher (3 sets)
Dips (2 sets)

Any experienced weight lifters have any input or advice regarding my workout sessions ?

Thx

madgame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think its very good that you do chest/shoulders/tris and legs/back/biceps (I do that too). That way your muscles get enough rest. But I think it might be better if u worked out 4 days a week. (monday tuesday thursday friday for example) and thus didnt do as much sets each session.

Templeton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's a pretty solid approach. I like this kind of basic training. I might be inclined to separate legs and back so that your deadlifts and squats are on separate days. As it stands, I would have my doubts about how hard you can go at your legs when they are last in the workout. Perhaps a few more sets for legs and ditch the one arm dumbell rows for now and instead just alternate barbell rows with T-bars from one back session to the next. Do 4 sets.

I also would probably omit bent over laterals on such a compound based routine. The rear delts get plenty of working during your rows.

There are a number of ways you can split the body. Legs, chest and tris and then back, shoulders and bis for example. You will be bound to overlap when splitting only 2 ways but again, I would have legs and back on different days. The rest you can decide for yourself depending on your preference.

Kodiac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I will definately look at moving my leg exercises (esp squats) to my chest/shoulders/triceps day and see how i progress.

Thanks for the input, appreciated.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Kodiac
As a owner of a personal training studio for over 16 years I've made a few changes in your program:

Monday back/biceps/legs

Pullups (3 sets)
Barbell row (3 sets) or Dumbell row (3 sets)
Closegrip Pulldowns with hands facing in.
Shrugs (3 sets)
Barbell curl (3 sets)
Dumbell incline curl
Hammer curl (2 sets)
-Leg press (3 sets)
-Squats (3 sets)
-Sissy Squats if your knees can handle it.

Try this tri-set
1. leg press
2. sissy squats
3. leg curls…..3 sets of each 15 reps…

Then finish up with your squats with a lighter weigh after you’ve worn you quads out.
If the sissy squats are too much the try French Squats. Put your heels up on a platform so that your heels are elevated. Squat all the way down and raise up two or 3 inches for 15 reps…you will feel an intense burn. Try holding dumbbells on your shouders during the exercise…

Deadlift (3 sets) are last because you don't want to tire out your lower back before doing squats. After training lower back finish up with abs and stretch.

Wednesday Chest/shoulders/triceps

Bench press (3 sets)
Incline dumbell press (3 sets)…tri set
1. Incline bench with dumbbells
2. Incline flys
3. Pushups on feet to failure then on the knees to failure…rest and repeat 3 sets

Dumbbell Lateral Raise (2sets)
Military press (3 sets)…do second to give your triceps longer rest break. I usually superset the two. Lateral raise followed immediately by over head dumbbell press.
Dumbbell Seated Rear Lateral Raise (2 sets)
Close grip bench press (3 sets)
Lying tricep extension/skullcrusher (3 sets)
Dips (2 sets)

Try this program and you will see an immediate increase in your size. On your curls do drag curls instead. I’ve grown 2 inches in my biceps since I switched to these. Let the bar curl up close to your body and elbows will point backwards…keeping the shoulders down…stopping the motion about at the height of your diaphram.

Do the same thing on your seated incline curls. The natural motion for bicep extention will stop about half the range up and then your front delts kick in to assist. Don’t need that.

Also:

try switching up your biceps with spider curls. You will find them extremely effective.

go to the preacher bench but use the other side of it to place your arm against. you may have to take it off the holder and turn it around. your goal is to place the arm against it and get a complete stretch all the way down with no angle and curl it up about half way until you can't do anymore or for 8 which ever style you like.

this exercise will work the entire belly of the bicep from a deep stretch to complete contraction. I think Iron man talked about points of flexion in some of their older article.

Kodiac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Player_Supreme,

I've taken in your advice and will definately try it out for a few weeks and see how i progress. I've been bored with my old routine for a while now so sounds like this should spice things up a little!

Thanks for the input, appreciated.