My new cold approach method

Naapimp

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has tried this cold approach or something similar and could tell if it’s good or not or what I should be aware of while doing it.

The setting is on a college campus, anywhere really, especially the main areas with lots of people outside by the pretty spring-time trees. The girl wouldn’t be doing anything she couldn’t stop focusing on. She might be walking, seemingly waiting, reading a book, maybe even doing something recreational with a group of people, like hitting a soccer ball around.

I would approach her, slow down as I get near, try and get eye contact and then smile, though I might get neither, regardless, I say “excuse me” she stops what’s she doing and gives me her attention, I face her non-threateningly, we converse something like this:

Girl: ya
Me: Hey what’s up, (slight pause) I was wondering if I could talk to you for a little while
Girl: sure I guess
Me: So I’m in a good mood and I was looking to meet some new people (pause for her) do you think you’d be interested?
Girl: ya why not (we both smile)
Me: (ask her questions, tell her a little about myself)
Girl: (probably wants to know what made me approach her just like that, probably a bit surprised)

After we talk for a bit and if I think I want to see her again I ask “Do you want to get together sometime maybe for lunch” (pause, suggest some other things I’d think she’d be interested in hoping she bites on one.)

Girl: yes let’s do that
Me: okay why don’t you give me your number and we can set something up (bring out cell phone)
Girl: okay
Me: when’s a good time to call?
Girl: (answers question)

And it’s a done deal

So What do you think? I’m going to start implementing this tomorrow and I’ll let everyone know how it goes.

nishbuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Umm. Well it seems like, you're new 'cold approach method' can be summarized by:

'Greet'
'Meet'
'Close'
:p :p
I hate to burst your bubble, but it's nothing earth-shattering. Pretty standard, simplistic direct game. :)
Anyway, if it's working for you, then USE IT! Good luck...

john_1234

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
don't ask permission and don't ask if she'd be interested. do away with your first line and go straight to the second instead.

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your approach seems a bit passive.

First off, you ask if "you can talk to her for a while."

You don't need her permission. It reminds me of a little kid wondering if he can talk to the teacher.

Go in with a confident, "hey, how's it going?" Or, "what's up?"

Then you go into saying "you're in the mood to meet some new people." This just seems like an awkward thing to say. Awkward because you're stating something that should already be obvious by you approaching her.

You hope she says "ya why not." Again, passive. She's in control. She already has a handle on your balls.

Then you ask her if she would like to see you again. At this point in the convo, you should just say "let's meet up again some other time a little later this week." When she gives you the go, add a more specific date, like, "great, we'll let's see (thinking about your schedule), I'll be free Sunday afternoon."

Ideally at this point she'll give you her number without you asking. If she doesn't, pull out your phone and say "sounds good. I can give you a call sometime. what's your number?"

End with a smile and ideally a little KINO.

At least that's how I do it.

Naapimp

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ah I see your reasoning, I think I should do more of that if she seems confident and not affraid of me. I suppose my dialog was more for the shy type which I seem to be good at picking out. They can be very timid and a bit affriad just by you seeming really confident. I try to make them feel a bit more at ease by approaching slower. These girls always seem to smile and blush while looking away from you.

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Naapimp said:
Ah I see your reasoning, I think I should do more of that if she seems confident and not affraid of me. I suppose my dialog was more for the shy type which I seem to be good at picking out. They can be very timid and a bit affriad just by you seeming really confident. I try to make them feel a bit more at ease by approaching slower. These girls always seem to smile and blush while looking away from you.
These girls must be really shy. I use to go for the really shy ones. Then I realized they suck in bed.

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On day game, I do stuff like this all the time. Only I would modify it a bit.

I don't think you need the excuse me, may I talk to you bit although it will probably work just fine. Really, outside of groups at clubs I have found most anything does tend to work, especially on lone wolfs or groups of 2. As you get into groups at clubs you need a little more skill and tact. I'd try something more situational but interesting. To be honest, even asking girls what they are eating will tend to work in the right environment. I like to tell them an interesting fact about something they are doing. I could give examples but I still want to use this stuff and you can think of your own :)

The problem isn't going to be getting sets to open with this stuff, the problem is going to be making the timebridge work. I think you need to get really good at timebridging and interesting converastion for this to work since you're not doing anything particularly interesting besides approaching her. Just asking for the # alone is too unreliable.