Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My mom just passed away this afternoon.

just so suave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My sincere condolences, if you need to speak about anything just PM me. I wish you the best of luck through this difficult time.

It's-Me

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry to hear man.

I can't image what your feeling right now, and I hope to not have to go through it any time soon.

jafyk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thank you fellows so much for your support. You know when people say hang in there and be strong.I wonder if what they are really talking about is for you to save up your energy for all the running around the funeral arrangement requires.It's like my stress has come from all the running around, mutiples calls coming in and people whose calls have to be returned,and then there's the actual funeral expenses. I just caught a break so, I'm here (exhales). It's funny in a sad way. Well, the funeral is tomorrow. To the guy who put up that pic of a cartoony looking bouquet very cute and funny, lol. I appreciate it, lol. See you guys later.

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jafyk, thank you for sharing this with us, and my condolenses to you and your family.

I am feeling so much pain just hearing about your loss. I know I would have a very hard time if I lost my mom, and will the day I do. That would be most painful thing to me, so I feel your pain.

Wish you all the best.

"Stay hard, stay hungry, stay alive
If you can"

eatgel

Don Juan
Reaction score
very sorry to hear that bro... since I don't know what condelence means I thought i would tell you something i do know. When my grandfather lost his companion he told me " Son, I have been with this women whom I loved for 54 years.. it is very hard and tough on me, but when one of your loved one passes away, it is also a time for one of your pad habits to pass..." And from that day on he didn't smoke a single cig till the day he died.

jafyk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
eatgel said:
very sorry to hear that bro... since I don't know what condelence means I thought i would tell you something i do know. When my grandfather lost his companion he told me " Son, I have been with this women whom I loved for 54 years.. it is very hard and tough on me, but when one of your loved one passes away, it is also a time for one of your pad habits to pass..." And from that day on he didn't smoke a single cig till the day he died.
Wow, that's a remarkable story. We had the funeral today and it went well. For the short notice we had we had such a huge turn out the funeral home seating we had wasnt enough and we had to get more chairs. While in a way I'm relieved the funeral is out of the way, still I just feel like I'm in a bad dream and I don't know what to do. I was going through my phone and came across my mom's # and it's just weird knowing she won't be calling me any more for whatever reason. I don't know how my brother feels he doesn't talk about anything. It must feel strange knowing he has to relocate and also losing a mother at the same time. I just want to reiterate again that I appreciate the support you guys have offered. Here's a problem maybe someone can offer advice. It's winter in Indiana where I reside and people tend to do garage sales in the summer. So, I'm wondering what to do with all her stuff. I know it's not all my decision because my aunt (her sister) is involved too. She was renting an apartment. Any ideas anyone. Anyone been in a similar situation?

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Condolences to you and god bless your mother. May 2009 find you peace of mind. My heart is saddened for you.

Ricky

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well for my dad my mom and I tried giving away some of his clothes to relatives but then we found out that most of them weren't his size.

He was a guy that I'd say was about 5'10 195lbs on average and most of his brothers were either shorter and skinnier than him or way taller and bigger than him.

I'm about his same size but the problem is we had vastly different styles of dress so they couldn't go to me either. I think we ended up giving away some to the salvation army and selling a few more pieces in a garage sale in the summer but yeah my mom was left with a lot of his clothes still that she'll probably end up ultimately getting rid of at the salvation army when they need more.

Before we started this up though we went through about a year of the grieving process and then decided on what if anything of his clothes to keep.

He had a black leather jacket that was in my style so I kept that to remember him by and wear eventually.

So unless you absolutely have to get rid of your mom's stuff now for some reason be if financial or whatever if I were you I'd consider thinking about if she had a shirt or coat or something that you'd like to keep to remember her by.

Obviously you are a guy and can't wear her stuff so don't think I'm suggesting that but yeah what I am suggesting is again just consider if you want anything of her's to remember her by before chucking everything out.

This awful situation just occurred for you so you may need a good amount of time before you are thinking clearly about things to make proper decisions.

You may be in a kind of shock right now which is common after a great loss.

Gaucho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
We just had a winter garage sale. Sold a bit of the stuff, rest we gave away.

I did keep a shirt or two that smelt like my dad, but threw it out a couple years later.

Still have a deoderant stick he used, which always reminds me of him (odd thing to keep I know!).

Anyways, all the best with it, life moves on, but you have to first grieve. Everyone ends up in the same place in the end anyways (wherever that is).

Aka

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sorry for your loss. Try to be as strong as you can even if it's painful.

jafyk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KontrollerX said:
Well for my dad my mom and I tried giving away some of his clothes to relatives but then we found out that most of them weren't his size.

He was a guy that I'd say was about 5'10 195lbs on average and most of his brothers were either shorter and skinnier than him or way taller and bigger than him.

I'm about his same size but the problem is we had vastly different styles of dress so they couldn't go to me either. I think we ended up giving away some to the salvation army and selling a few more pieces in a garage sale in the summer but yeah my mom was left with a lot of his clothes still that she'll probably end up ultimately getting rid of at the salvation army when they need more.

Before we started this up though we went through about a year of the grieving process and then decided on what if anything of his clothes to keep.

He had a black leather jacket that was in my style so I kept that to remember him by and wear eventually.

So unless you absolutely have to get rid of your mom's stuff now for some reason be if financial or whatever if I were you I'd consider thinking about if she had a shirt or coat or something that you'd like to keep to remember her by.

Obviously you are a guy and can't wear her stuff so don't think I'm suggesting that but yeah what I am suggesting is again just consider if you want anything of her's to remember her by before chucking everything out.

This awful situation just occurred for you so you may need a good amount of time before you are thinking clearly about things to make proper decisions.

You may be in a kind of shock right now which is common after a great loss.
I get what you're saying. My situation is slightly complicated in the sense that my mom was renting a place. Today is already the 2nd of the month. Most places want the rent by the 5th and if you still haven't paid by the end of the month. You get evicted. Considering money is tight now, doesn't make sense to keep a place that no one is living in. Also my parents having been separated for a while now (neither of them is/was seeing any other person). Of course I will look to see what I can use it's just things like furniture etc. The clothes can always go to salvation army. She also had tons of books...

alphamailman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sitting rinside @ the AFC Lightweight Championship
I'm sorry brother. This will be tough.
My mother came down with leukemia back in February and is in remission now as of a few months ago. My aunt just came down with lymphoma last month. Around the time my mother became cancer-free I almost died by a bad mix of prescription medicines with OTC medicines and supplements. Suicide or not, I'll let people draw their own conclusions, but I've got some goals I'm working towards. I do wish for a better 2009 for you and me.

bob2007

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. The only words I have for you is something from Steve Jobs. He said that death is inevitable but also necessary for us to live our lives to the fullest. Without death, we may live for eternity without purpose. The short time we have on this earth is what makes life difficult and valueable.

So, with the moments you had with your mother, live the rest of your life. Exemplify the character that she brought you up to become. And live every moment as if she were still here watching.

jafyk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bob2007 said:
Sorry for your loss. The only words I have for you is something from Steve Jobs. He said that death is inevitable but also necessary for us to live our lives to the fullest. Without death, we may live for eternity without purpose. The short time we have on this earth is what makes life difficult and valueable.

So, with the moments you had with your mother, live the rest of your life. Exemplify the character that she brought you up to become. And live every moment as if she were still here watching.[/QUOTE

Such wise words, thank you.