Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

my memory is TOO sharp

tsmith2334

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm wondering what I should do here...

Basically, I have a really keen memory, especially when it comes to women (or people) that I am fond of. I tend to remember little details about that person and times we've had together.

Sometimes I bring up stories matter of factly, mainly good times we've had together or funny/ interesting things I remember them saying. The thing is, I think I do this too much, or there is too much detail. I'm fearing this is very AFCish... :(

My question here is, is there anyway to benefit from my overly sharp memory? Would women ever appreciaite an old story or quote from the past?

Or should I (as I'm predicting) act forgetful, dumb and shut my mouth? Let me know

Grand Wizzard Alamar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey being a storyteller is a great talent. And your stories are real.
If you tell them in an interesting way, this is more of a strength than a weakness. Also you can think of more things to tease girls about xD

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't see the problem here. Unless you saw something you didn't want to see and your sharp memory comes back to remind you of it.

pressure0354

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say if its about another women, then no they probably don't appreciate it. It tells them exactly what you think it tells them, that you still have thoughts about the other person. So its prob not a good idea. Always think in reverse if you would appreciate it or not. If she told you about cute little interesting things about one of her ex'es or man-coworkers, you would question her a little bit.

Ideally, you focus all attention to the other person. Listen, relate, continue. Good luck my man.

tsmith2334

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just fear remembering what someone said or did years ago and bringing it up might be percieved as creepy or wierd

Randallpink83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
should you act forgetful and dumb???

...You can already feel the verbal lashing coming on can't you? :p

It's a very weird concept I grew up noticing that its more "trendier" or sought after idea that the dumber you are, the cooler you are.
Like growing in school if your teacher asked you a question, and even though you KNEW the answer, you didn't answer because of the social pressure from your friends and possibly looking like a nerd.
Like an aloof, careless attitude was more in sync with society.

DON'T be one of those guys...

You know I actually read two different books by Tony Buzan specifically to build my Memory skills? Memory is directly linked to intelligence and wit... It's so dumb to be dumb.
I don't think you should act dumber... I think you should work on building your memory skills even better. Make your brain even quicker, more aware. You have one of those brains (and we all do, you're just using it) that people look up to, comedians who are quick on their feet, politicians who's pure intellect are constantly battling, scientists who solve world problems... It's a positive trait, be more confident and humble in your strengths.

....And yes you can be more tactful at times. Its not being dumb... Just being smart enough to know "hmm, maybe I shouldn't bring that up cause then she will think, i think and obsess over her"... so yeah, i guess act dumb :crackup:

Don't be dumb... And don't be a know it all... Just be sharp. And most of all SOCIALLY INTELLIGENT.

weakepedea

Don Juan
Reaction score
Having a good memory is great! Now she will feel that you listen to her when you remember or restate things she has said. I need to work on my memory.

Crazy Asian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dude, fvck girls.
having great memory is a gift.
I want improved memory.

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dude this is the same thing about me. I meet some kid I remember their name, their look, their degree, their age, their occupation, their family situation, how we first met, what we have in common. ETC. I say tihs like automatic...it just reads out like a list of properties of that person lol...cool sh1t i think

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
tsmith2334 said:
Hi everyone, I'm wondering what I should do here...

Basically, I have a really keen memory, especially when it comes to women (or people) that I am fond of. I tend to remember little details about that person and times we've had together.

Sometimes I bring up stories matter of factly, mainly good times we've had together or funny/ interesting things I remember them saying. The thing is, I think I do this too much, or there is too much detail. I'm fearing this is very AFCish... :(

My question here is, is there anyway to benefit from my overly sharp memory? Would women ever appreciaite an old story or quote from the past?

Or should I (as I'm predicting) act forgetful, dumb and shut my mouth? Let me know
You have a HUGE advantage if you can remember everyones names and old stories. Brings back memories.

I'm the same way btw. I can still remember stuff from when I was only a few months old.

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Smith, your instincts are correct. You should indeed act a bit dumb, I'd suggest. I have a good memory, too, but I still sometimes act as though I don't remember people as well as I actually do.

For example, a girl told you two weeks ago that she plays the clarinet. Instead of matter-of-factly reciting what you know to be the truth, go, "Hey, didn't you say you play some kind of instrument, like flute or something?"

You don't have to go overboard on this or worry about this issue too much, but I do think it's sometimes good to pretend like you don't remember a person as well as you really do. If you remember a person overly well, it can make it seem like you've been obsessing over them.

tsmith2334

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Obsidian said:
Smith, your instincts are correct. You should indeed act a bit dumb, I'd suggest. I have a good memory, too, but I still sometimes act as though I don't remember people as well as I actually do.

For example, a girl told you two weeks ago that she plays the clarinet. Instead of matter-of-factly reciting what you know to be the truth, go, "Hey, didn't you say you play some kind of instrument, like flute or something?"

You don't have to go overboard on this or worry about this issue too much, but I do think it's sometimes good to pretend like you don't remember a person as well as you really do. If you remember a person overly well, it can make it seem like you've been obsessing over them.
I like your advice on the issue. I think, I just naturally go overboard and come off as clingy or lame talking about the past so much. I'll have to concisely work on this, because I get a kick out of it bring up old stories.

Also, in certain cases I think people might find it creepy (or that I'm obsessing over them like you said, which wouldn't be a good thing).

ematsuda

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think everyone has that with a person he/she once had very high IL with. Don't bring it up, it's very AFC'ish. Act as if you none of that ever took place so you can start over from scratch. Once her IL is in the statosphere, then you can mention a thing or 2.

Better off using it when they're pissed at you too. Here's how:

Her: Hey why didn't you return my call last night? Where the fvck were you?
You: Hey Hon, remember when we were 16 and I bit your dogs ear off?
Her: Huh? Yeah why?
You: Great!!

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Randallpink83 said:
What??? No way...

You can't remember suckin on your mommies tit can you? oh god that would suck
AHAHAHAHAAHH owned

Dude I have like 1 memory from when I was 4...it was by bday and I had a power rangers cake. That's all I remember lmfao.

The real memories I have now are from junior high...I don't even remember much from elementary school. Mabye 2-3 memories per year during those younger years...MAX. Goddam

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ematsuda said:
I think everyone has that with a person he/she once had very high IL with. Don't bring it up, it's very AFC'ish. Act as if you none of that ever took place so you can start over from scratch. Once her IL is in the statosphere, then you can mention a thing or 2.

Better off using it when they're pissed at you too. Here's how:

Her: Hey why didn't you return my call last night? Where the fvck were you?
You: Hey Hon, remember when we were 16 and I bit your dogs ear off?
Her: Huh? Yeah why?
You: Great!!
what the hell r u smoking man...

give us some. :D

nah jk drugs are bad. Dude, who the fvck bites a dog's ear off. I think a better example would be using the memory once you're IN A RELATIONSHIP for ROMANTIC MOMENTS. Keep it sweet, short, fleeting and rare. Act nonchalant about it like you're kind of zoned out and are just blubbering stuff out. Do NOT pull this dog sh1t man...what the fvck is that bro...lol

district_line

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think this a perfect gift. I think you can melt a chick when you tell her what she was wearing the first time you met or what she was drinking. Something like that.