Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My journey to kill my Social Phobia

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First off, this is VERY, VERY, VERY hard for me to write out in plain text. I have an intense fear of being judged as inferior by other people and I fear of looking like anything but flawless. This post exist only because of a certain person have helped me open up with his own openness. You know who you are. Thank you, you made me take the first step!

Background

(you can skip this if you like)

During my entire life I've been a pretty shy person. The values I got from my home was very unorthodox if you look at how a "common" person is raised. I learnt that fighting was wrong so I never ever stood up for myself. That of course lead to I was being bullied by alot of people and since I was pretty ugly too, wore my brothes used clothes and always getting teased for my ears that stood out. If you would have looked up the word loser you had a picture and explanation of me there.

This is pretty important. During my time at 4-6 grade there were girls who toyed with my heart. They played like they were interested in me. Then they broke up with me in front of their friends when I got interested and wanted to be boyfriend. There are some girls during my entire life which have done like this. It has left me with a fear of being hurt and a closed personality. I am going to change this in this journey to a better life.

Well, it's very hard to explain what kind of person I was during my first nine years in school. Antisocial, immature, selfish... the list goes on. I was the opposite of what a DJ should be. In the seventh to ninth year in school the bullying was the most intensive. I had much of my social phobia back then. I remember finding it relaxing to look at my feet when I walked because I didn't have to look other people in the eyes. Alot of stuff happened to me, humiliation, teasing, being hit. Basically I didn't consider myself a human being but instead some sort of special species which no one could ever like. I remember our school photo were I played a mummie so no one could see my ugly face. That thought about no one can ever like me still exist today.

During the time I had fun though, I never gave a **** what people thought becasue I was so convinced I was undesirable that I didn't care what happened. Two girls showed interest to me during those three years even though I was a complete nutter. Still had some depression and I was VERY self councious about my interaction with other people. When I hang out with a gang of 13 year olds with my cool 15 year old friend I always poundered the conversation in my bed when I got home to see if I made a fool out of myself.

When I decided to show interest in girls I got BLOWN OFF pretty harsch. No one liked me at all and that made me very sad. Like all other boys I wanted to try out how a relationship was, I wanted to have sex and that stuff. Kissed my first girl in first grade, and had my first GF at fourth grade. But since then It all went down.

Sosuave phase

(still you can skip this)

Leaving the ninth grade and entering high school I discovered my life needed a change, I was literally a 16 year old with the social skills of a 12 year old. I wanted a GF so badly. But no one liked me. I was so self councious. I remember particaly a moment at my summer job with my father. I was wearing sandals and I didn't dare to walk with them near people because people could judge me for them and label me loser now that the bullying had stopped.

Anyway, I searched around and found a good article on how to change your life around. I tried my best to follow it. Talking to girls in my class and making friends. Managed to make friends with the two biggest nerds in the class. But still it was improvement. I was happy with them and we had alot of fun together. Still there were the issue with being unattractive, having zero confidence, being afraid of women, depression, feeling worthless and undesirable. And to be honest, most women didn't want to talk to me.

I found sosuave but didn't discover the forums until a year later (back in 2002). When I read the info here, I was amazed! Finally one way I could change my life. Then the faithful day came and I made my first outdoor approach. Never been so scared in my life, but I did it! From there it was pretty easy, I made approach after approach after approach. If I would hear myself talk today I would die in embarassment. I forged my mind so hard to endure rejection (I think it was well over 3-400 approaches) that I no longer care about rejection.

I got fairly good at talking to women. Managed to get a ****loads of numbers (which I didn't call because I felt useless to others). I am sure many numbers were fake though. Still I was ugly like hell, I dressed even worse. During my entire life I had never followed fashion. So I experimented with different styles to see what would fit. Nothing worked well but at least it gave me some confidence. I met quite a lot of girls and I had many chances for sex but didn't take them because I was afraid and having sex was not me.

Hmm, I started a new school in 2003 autumn and I thought it as a way to get a fresch start. I dressed in my jeans jacket and acted all cool. For once I was alpha and respected. But I still had ****loads of social fears.

The new years eve of 2003 I met a girl with whom I fell in love. She was wonderful and I lost my virginity to her and she lost hers to me. I was radiant and happy. Then we talked about some stuff and our bodies came up, she told me she needed to gain some weight. I told her I loved her body but mine maybe was a little skinny. And she agreed. Being the first girl I ever had I was devastated that she left me. I swore to myself that I would kill every weakness in me, starting with my appearance.

The bulking phase - The Big Change

(Most current)

I cured my acne, started going to the gym, changed clothes, I colored my hair and got a hair cut. Bought cologne and stuff like that. This was march 2004. I stepped quivering into the gym and loaded the bar up with a 80 pound squat. Then I bulked and bulked, all alone in the gym week after week. By september I was no longer a 135 lbs guy I was bigger and meaner and it felt great. I no longer felt unsure of myself and was no longer ashamed for my ugly body.

I don't know if the testosterone boost changed my face apperance but I have gotten many compliments of it. =) Such a thing would be impossible three years ago.

Nowadays I don't have so much of a problem getting women if I get a good chance at meeting them through friends, but otherwise it's pretty hard. I've come miles since I started. I don't think I am ugly anymore, but I feel worthless non the less like every characteristic I have is of less value then others. I am not socially inept If I am about to talk to a group I love it, love the center of attention and stuff like that, I can lead, make jokes with people I like. But still there are many things I need to take care off.

The things I want to change and get rid off are:

* The fear of being judged when talking in class or at a new place were I don't know anyone. /picking up women when people are listening. (has much to do with a fear of being judged, like all people thing "Why does he bother hitting on her, he is worthless anyway" or "Does he think she will fall for THAT?")
* The feeling of feeling worthless and no one want anything to do with me/feeling of everyone looking down on me. (really destroy my self confidence when talking to women)
* Fear of being hurt, rediculed or teased.
* Fear of everyone judging me when I walk down a street alone.
* Fear of looking STRANGERS in the eye because I might get rejected.
* Feeling of never measuring up, everyone else is better in some way.
* Fear of showing interest to really beautiful women because they might toy with me like others have done.
* Fear of being judged for not having a good looking enough GF.
* Find ambition to do more social things

That's pretty much it keeping it very simple. Writing this has given me some insight and I think it is a great way to change my life around a third time.

Thanks for listening

Lifeforce

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks alot mate, must have been hard reading through all that. =)

I'll do my best starting tomorrow.

onelife

Don Juan
Reaction score
aww honesty like this from strangers makes me go a big blubbery one.
dude, you have come so far and have everything you need at your fingertips to go a lot futher.
remember, you are on a one way road to self-improvement which puts you ahead of 90% of the population.
life's to short to be afraid.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Onelife. Thanks alot for your reply. I wholeheartlily agree, I've wasted too much of my life being afraid. No more man. Never again.

----------------

I made some effort today to put myself in situation which causes discomfort. It worked pretty well. Instead of walking over to the other side of the street when meeting people I stayed on course. The discovery I made from doing this is that almost everyone is a little unsure about themselves. I tried to lock some eye contact but most people looked away and/or down. Alot of girls checked me out. But I still feel worthless even I know that I am not. First time in a while I haven't hid behind sun glasses. Now I just have to get a good smile so I do not scare the **** out of people. :D

Later I met up with a friend and I got into the DJ-gear. No trouble doing anything of the above, looking people in the eyes or whatever. It's strange all fear disappear when I am with other people. It's the loads of training I have had in making myself a DJ from WBAFC.

It's like I have a very thin shell sometimes, just an inch underneath it I am a freaking cool guy. I have no trouble talking or doing stuff like that. Sometimes it is just hard to break that lid which hold me back. I wonder WHY I get this feeling sometimes and othertimes I have no trouble with it at all. I guess it all comes down to how many choices I have. When I am unsure I have no choices of what to do, when I feel nonaxiety I have alot of things to choose between. I've realized some factors though

* Lack of sleep
* When I feel I stand out in a bad way (relic belief from when I was bullied for wearing unfashion clothes and looking ugly)
* When I do not know the proper way to behave or if I feel my behaviour is rated less than others.

Met the cool girl today again, she was biking to my school. She looked lovely as usual. She went to my class a couple of years ago and I had the most serious crush on her. Her personality and good looks just knocked me out. But back then I was skinny-nerd-isolated-loser and didn't dare to make an approach on an angel like her. For the first time I could feel I had a chance with her. Saw her yesterday for the first time in four years. She just turned around the corner and nearly walked into me. She had no clue who I was and walked past me. I don't know what happened but I could feel my hand stretch out and grab her and turning her around. I said "hi". She just stood there and looked at me then she recognized me and flashed me a big smile. The extra 33% body mass really has changed me. :) She blushed I asked her how things was and I was so stomped to see her that I almost forgot what to say so I really made a fool out of myself and she did it to herself too. =) I was wearing a wife beater of course. :down: Anyway.. I really look forward to meeting her again so I can have a convo with her. It would be ****ing awesome to get this girl if she is as cool as she was. The thing I remember about her is that she never made fun of me in any way even when I acted like a complete loser. I respect her for this.

eggnawgkid

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea I always try to look strangers in the eyes but only a very small percentage will actually hold it with you. About half will make eye contact and then break it immediately. Kind of annoying. Anyway, it sounds like you're doing good man. Do you have any before and after bulking pics/stats?

Mctwist4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can definitly relate man. I feel like people are judging me all the time. Sometimes I won't do something I want to just because I think I know what people will say. It seems like everyone is better then me in some way also. I'm not a loser, I can pull chicks. I just need to get out of this mindset, like you.

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
good job so far man. why do you think it was thumbs down that you weared a wifebeater?
is this gonna be like a journal?? well i have to write something......but i gotta make breakfast.........so lets just say: good morning :)

HB_Hunter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Great thread Lf , from chatting with you , I can tell that you have got really a strong will and you have always inspired or motivated me when im having a dry spell or when im blue .

Remeber mate , Honesty is the way , we should have flaws , PERFECT IS BORING . own yourself up man , try to improve and fix every little thing but remember that there are these flaws who make Lifeforce , you would even wonder that this maybe your asset or why ppl like you . so stop taking things seriously , improve to death but have some flaws about you mate...

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I haven't updated this in a while but I have still have got some experience in this short time.

The last days in school has been pretty good. I don't focus on this meeting strangers when I walk so much anymore. I realized that they are as afraid as I so who cares? Well I do, but alot less.

Today I met one of the "cool" guys in the class. At least the one who have alot of attention in the class. For the first time in life I didn't look up to persons like that. I realized his personality was ****. IMO he was a good example of a ADHD person with narcissistic and low confidence. He treated his friend badly and was like everything was revolving around him. Even his friend said he had PMS, his friend and I picked up somewhat, I treated him with the respect his friend didn't give him.

At first I thought this guy would be cool to hang with but I he is fun at the expense of others instead of just being fun. I'm just waiting for a good reason to kick his ass if he start the same attitude with me. Anyway, I noticed how the leadership switched from him to me and in the end.

I feel alot better about the whole school thing. It's been so long being a loser in school it is hard to change when you walk in the corridoors. Still a bit nervous though. I accidently scared the **** out of a guy in the stairs. The reason was I was pissed because alot of stuff had gone wrong. On the way up I looked in his eyes like I was gonna kill him and he flinched back and then looked over the shoulder when I continued up the stairs. I guess I am a little intimidating to some people.

I've met some girls too, I think I have a girl in chemistry and one in german class. I'm gonna take it a little slower and don't rush things. Been really unlucky with the other girls. It seems like everyone who is the easiest to hang with is the ones who have a BF. ****ing hate it! The thing I need to get rid off is that constant reminder I am worthless. I don't get it, I am as good as anyone else... even a couple of percent better than the average joe. Damn... I guess I just have a very very strong belief of being useless and a loser.

And finally I had the guts(?) to go and ask to be diagnosed with ADD/ADHD. It was a pretty big step for me. Anyway, she was nice and all and said an expert would call me and then we'd set up an appointment.

Double: I don't know man.... it just ended up there. This is definatly going to be a journal of some kind. I need somewhere to write stuff off so I can learn from it myself. Can't analyze it if it is in my head. Looking forward to the 19th friend.

HB_Hunter: Thanks alot dude for those words! I can definatly tell the same about you. I've met very few people with that strong will to improve. You'll get far in life.

I agree with you, flaws are good to some extent as long as they do not bring harm to the person who have them. This social phobia is keeping me back big time. If I didn't have the worthless feeling I would be alot better.

Mctwist: Yeah, it sucks doesn't it. Maybe you could write how things are going and maybe we can learn something from each other?

Eggnawgkid: The stats are about 10+% BF when I started at 135, now I am around 13% BF at 170+. I don't have any of the current pics... but when I am done bulking I'm gonna post some. =)

Mctwist4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've improved a lot since school started. I'm continuously getting better. I'm training my mind not to resort to negative thoughts about myself. I've gotten so used to having these negative feelings toward myself that my brain automatically resorts to that feeling in certain situations. STOP THINKING SO MUCH. The main thing before, was I thought way too much about so many things. When I catch myself doing this I just say **** it and let go, and it feels sooooo good. I don't know about you, but I have less than a year left in highschool. I'm surely not going to go my last year of highschool worried about what other people think.

For instance:
Today.....we were playing razzle dazzle, which is similar to football, in phys. ed. At first I secluded my self a little bit because if the ball was thrown in my direction, all eyes would be on me, and I might miss the ball in this situation. Being in a class with a lot of my good friends, this was pretty rediculous. Whether they were my friends or not, I shouldn't have to seclude myself. So, I caught myself doing this and said **** it. I ran, I played, I had fun with everyone instead of worrying about what they thought of me. When you catch yourself doing whatever is holding you back, you have to turn away from it. After a while, you won't even remember why you felt that way.

I don't know how much of this applies to you, but I hope it helps man. I've really gotten better, and everyday seems more enjoyable.

silverwex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hey i wish ya all the best on your journey lifeforce! good luck! oh and you're not a loser - i look up to you for progressing so well on the lifting - you also give great advice!

peace

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
happy birthday man!!( i hope im right :) )

not that i forget it tomorrow:D

thecraftylefty

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lifeforce,

It's good that you are laying everything on the line like this. It shows your maturity and willingness to grow as a person.

To grow, one must put themselves in uncomfortable situations and overcome them. How? By being process oriented and not result oriented. That means doing whatever it takes over and over again without worrying about what comes of your quests, but accepting everything that is happening and learning not to be the person that needs outside accceptance. All you need is the head on your shoulders and the ambition to change. That is easy to read and understand, but hard to implement.

You seem like you have your head on straight though. I'd suggest mucho cold approaches until you are unphased by strangers opinions of you. That's the easiest way, yet the hardest for most people. But once you get past it you will start seeing the person you've always envisioned you can be. And people are generally receptive to new things, including people in their lives, if you come across as a decent person. Just be amicable and open and things will fall in place, I promise. If you aren't friendly and open to new possibilities, how do you expect other to be friendly to you in return?

thecraftylefty

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thecraftylefty: Thanks a bunch for the reply.

I don't know if you have social phobia or not but it is not that simple to get rid off. As I said in the first post I have made like over 3-400 approaches when I started out. Not counting the ones I have made these last years. Only this week I have made like three or four approaches. Well not approaches, I only talk with girls who seem cool.

It's not the approaches I have trouble with, as stupid as it might seem, I have trouble with alot of small things. When I approach women I feel nothing, it just feels natural. But if I am meeting a person in the street when I am alone I get very self counscious, should I say hi, look them in the eyes, ignore them? It's gotten a little better but it's still there. When I am speaking in front of the class I have no trouble at all. But I have trouble with insignificant things like when I meet a person and I say hi, is the "hi" strong enough or does it come across as weak?

So it's not about women really, I can pull chicks pretty easy, the only things which has to do with women is the feeling of worthlessness I have. Like I am set apart from all other people at a lower level, and like they all laugh behind my back at what a pathetic loser I am. I know this is not true and I know I am good at alot of stuff, but the feeling is still there. I'm thinking about how I can change that feeling. Maybe If I am diagnosed ADD/Social phobia I can get some help from the people there.

Double: Lol, you remembered.. thanks man, I really appreciate it!

Silverwex: Thanks man, your opinion means alot. Deep down I know I am not a loser, but knowing and feeling is different. :/

Mctwist4; Thanks for your reply... I found it is the best way to act like you do, not to give a ****. It's great your life is getting better man.