My Hearing Is Getting Worst! Help!

KmZDon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I went to my doct?! Omg, he says I have severe hearing problem, what can I do guys??? I hate wearing a hearing aid, is there a cure?????

T.T. Boy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Long Island, NY: More Mexicans than Tijuana!
Cochlear implants, perhaps. If you made as much money as Rush Limbaugh you might be able to afford them, too. Other than that I'm afraid you're out of luck.

FlyGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have some severe hearing loss from playing in a band... there's no way to repair it dude. Just protect the hearing that you have left.

FlyGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How do you protect them? Don't expose your ears to prolonged loud noises. If you go to a rock concert, bring some ear plugs (by the way, you can get special ones from a doctor that filter out only the harmful frequencies but they are expensive). Don't listen to loud music with headphones on, don't blast your stereo in your car... pretty much just use common sense.

hardwork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by WrEcKLeSS2000
Wait what if you listen to ur cd player alot is that ok?
Just make sure what you're listening to isn't audible across the room. Again, just use common sense.

OddTech

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There is no way at this current point to really restore hearing. And cochlear implant is for "last-resort" purposes. They will only use that if you are absolutely deaf in both ears (or closed to it). What is your audiogram like? Moderate loss means you have around 40 dB loss. You probably have high frequency loss if it's due to noise trauma. You do not need a hearing aid if one ear is normal even though the other suffer some hearing loss.

Safeguard your hearing If your occupation is under loud noise, wear protection. Avoid going to loud places, parties, fireworks, concert, and even movies. Not to be bleak, but your hearing won't get any better. It can't repair itself. Good luck.

OddTech

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have some major hearing loss and I need to wear an hearing aid at age 26. If I have to choose between girls and having good hearing, I would choose to get my hearing back. The world is a lonely place when you can't hear.