my girl is sick

bombtrack2007

Don Juan
Reaction score
hey, whats up guys? my girl has mono and she feels like total poop. u should hear her on the phone, sounds like a bullfrog. anyways, i was looking to do something for her to make her feel better. would anyone like to share any ideas or experiences? thanks.

aussiegoat55

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
bombtrack2007 said:
hey, whats up guys? my girl has mono and she feels like total poop. u should hear her on the phone, sounds like a bullfrog. anyways, i was looking to do something for her to make her feel better. would anyone like to share any ideas or experiences? thanks.
If she matters enough to you put some more thought into it. It's not that hard to show acts of compassion. Don't rely on us first, rely on yourself first (aka self reliant) and then when all else fails, all options exhausted, ask for help from us.

So when you sit down and think hard about what she would like or what would be meaningful to her personally, because you will do this, you can later pat yourself on your back instead of coming back to this thread and giving "mad props" to one of us.

Don't give up. Good luck.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You could lie down and watch a movie with her if she's not too devastatingly tired from it.

That or buy her something simple like a CD or a get well soon card with a little balloon lol.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
aussiegoat55 said:
Don't rely on us first, rely on yourself first (aka self reliant) and then when all else fails, all options exhausted, ask for help from us.

So when you sit down and think hard about what she would like or what would be meaningful to her personally, because you will do this, you can later pat yourself on your back instead of coming back to this thread and giving "mad props" to one of us.
Wow, an insightful post that makes sense. Good job :up:

NickBe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mono is almost always passed through kissing (exchange of saliva). Who has your girlfriend been kissing?

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Back when I got mono I certainly wasn't getting a bloody lot of kisses, let alone from anyone that had mono.

Ask her if she's getting any antibiotics. If so, make damn sure there's a real good reason (like a diagnosed bacterial infection), and she's eating yogurt and/or taking "probiotics" like they're going out of existence. Because, as I found out the hard way (fvcked me up for may years), getting antibiotics when one has mono can destroy the good bacteria in one's system (especially the gut), and leave a clear path for all kinds of undesirable fungi and bacteria to set up shop, and the effects could be devastating.

Master Bates

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bonhomme said:
Back when I got mono I certainly wasn't getting a bloody lot of kisses, let alone from anyone that had mono.

Ask her if she's getting any antibiotics. If so, make damn sure there's a real good reason (like a diagnosed bacterial infection), and she's eating yogurt and/or taking "probiotics" like they're going out of existence. Because, as I found out the hard way (fvcked me up for may years), getting antibiotics when one has mono can destroy the good bacteria in one's system (especially the gut), and leave a clear path for all kinds of undesirable fungi and bacteria to set up shop, and the effects could be devastating.
thanks for the infos, good to know.

NickBe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bonhomme said:

As far as I remember you can have mono fir 4-6 weeks before the symptoms kick in and you can pass it on in those 406 weeks. So again who has your GF been kissing? Very rarely is it passed on in other ways.