My friends are douches

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Give me some advice quickly on how to handle it.

My close guy friends are douches. There is constant competition in our group to get girls - they just can't be happy for each other. Everything has to turn into a struggle for domination and the role as the alpha male.

So, tonight I called my friend and told him we could hang at my place tonight. He said "ok, let me call Eric and I'll let you know really soon."

After an hour and a half I called Eric. He informed me that our third friend was going to be picking him up, and the three of them would be over here soon.

That was two hours ago.

They haven't called.

They never call when they're going to be late. They're always late. This isn't because of any personal issues they have with me - they're just idiots who lack common courtesy. Most of my friends are, and when they piss me off I lay down the law by saying "if I wouldn't act this way towards you, don't act this way towards me."

When they get here I'm thinking of just telling them to fvck off, that I've made other plans and they can't treat me like this.

I have plenty of friends, I don't need anymore. When I hang out with my sophomore guy friends, I'm really honestly shocked by how nice they are to each other and how there's a lack of insults in the conversation.

How would you guys act in response to this?

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ganji Games.

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by M2k961
Stop whining. Ohh they're late.
Shut up b1tch.

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Bunk 040

Don Juan
Reaction score
I really wouldn't give a 2 ****s about them being late because that's *****y moaning.

BUT....

I hate when the only way you can be somebody's friend is to constantly insult them, now don't me me wrong -- it won't be a friendship if you didn't toss up a few "yo momma" jokes now and again, but don't take it overboard.

Back in my punk days ALL my friends did all day was talk about how gay each other were, like last year. When one of us gathered enough balls to atleast go and talk to a chick, everybody would laugh and try and mask insecurities.

Well long story short, I ditched the bitches and started doing my own thing because life is too short to let other people pull you down.

Best friends? NAY

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to have a friend like this. Couldn't have fun unless he was screwing over someone else. Got real anoying real fast. So I stopped hanging out with him got new friends and now he annoys the **** out of me to hang out with him because no one else really likes him.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brak86
talk to them.; Tell them how they made u feel. Explain to them that their lack of respect for your time upsets you. its really that simple. If they dont understand, or tell u to fvck off, then they arent really friends.
And after this they can dish about guys and their periods.

Or maybe he can grow some balls

Don't be afraid to call your friends. Just find out whats up. Hey at least they show up right? Its easy to get sidetracked when your doing things, a trip to get cigs can take like an hour sometimes.

Don't let it get to you, just go with the flow.

My friends are like that, i don't let it bother me, it used to but now i don't even think about it. I just know that when they say "If something cool comes up, i'll give you a call" means that they won't call, then i just call someone else. I mean when we are trying to make our way to someones house it can take like an hour or so, stuff just takes time.

As for the competing over ladies. Your in HS, everything is about rank. People will rat on each other to get a lil higher, so bragging about who they did instead of encouraging you about your successes. Some guys feel they are worthy by having a chick, us don juans know we are better because we are single :)

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It goes beyond being competitive. They literally, actually can't be happy for each other. Here's an example. One night the four of us went out on the town with some Senior girls, who a couple of these guys (we'll name them Tom and Mike) were dating. Tom's date went poorly, Mike went home with his girlfriend afterwards.

While we were at my house, Tom actually said this to me: "Man, I'm so pissed off. Things with Joanna were such crap tonight. I can't believe it. Even Mike is beating me now! Gah, I'm so mad just thinking that he's getting some and I'm not."

I couldn't believe my ears. I told him to shut the fvck up.

I don't want friends like this. I'm taking Lik's advice, I don't need or want these guys in my life until they grow up. If they're going to act like b1tches, I'll cut them off like b1tches. The disrespect needs to stop.

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For anybody who's wondering, they called me shortly after I made plans to have a girl come over. I told them basically to fvck off, that I had made other plans and they can't expect me to wait around all night just for the chance to see them. I hung up after he said "hold on, there's a call on the other line."

A little while later another one called asking me wtf was up. I told him that I was extremely busy, as my friend was about to come and after midnight a couple of other girls were coming over, and I had to go. I hung up as he was saying "douchebag" to me. :D

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Porky
For anybody who's wondering, they called me shortly after I made plans to have a girl come over. I told them basically to fvck off, that I had made other plans and they can't expect me to wait around all night just for the chance to see them. I hung up after he said "hold on, there's a call on the other line."

A little while later another one called asking me wtf was up. I told him that I was extremely busy, as my friend was about to come and after midnight a couple of other girls were coming over, and I had to go. I hung up as he was saying "douchebag" to me. :D
Sick dude :D

Brak86

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Vincent
And after this they can dish about guys and their periods.

Or maybe he can grow some balls

what are u talking about. Just because we are guys doenst mean we can get hurt by our friends. If u think expressing your emotions is "being a *****," then you are foolish.

triple_ultima

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
For the record, I think the word "douche" is just about the most hilarious word ever. I love it.

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by California Love
You might want to start investing in better friends; Its much harder to change people.
No joke. I have friends who are actually good people, but they live far away from me or are in a different grade. I don't mind though, I can start hanging out with them more often.