Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My first successful cut, 19% to 10% body fat, with before & after pic

Duracell_Bunny

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thought this might encourage a few peeps.

12th April - 12st 12 (180ibs) 19% bf
8th July - 11st 10 (164ibs) 10.3% bf

My height is 5ft 10.

Heres the before and after pic: http://oi56.tinypic.com/f3t37r.jpg

10 days ago I got to 9.8% but weirdly it went up on the last week of training even though I hit pushed harder with diet/sleep 100% spot on???

I was doing 15-20mins HIIT before breakfast and did not expereince any major muscle loss, even though I found people all over the internet going on about this myth.

I'm off abroad on holiday in a couple of days, I think this will be the first time I feel comfortable walking down the beach with my top off.

Didn't quite get the abs out enough as I would of liked but what the hell, I look way better than before.

Depending on how much fat a gain from my holiday I will start looking at gaining when I get back.

Last edited:

Duracell_Bunny

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Cheers.

I think having a set deadline that could't be moved helped rather than a "goal".

The diet and sleep was what had the most affect, mainly cutting out all aspects of sugar and drinking water 24/7. I was drinking green tea, and then large amounts of naturally caffine free fruit/hurbal teas. Protien was kept very high. I found that it didn't really matter what time I went to sleep at night, it was the time I physcally got out of bed in the morning that mattered the most. If I slept in I felt tierd and lathergic for the rest of that day.

I went for no cheat meals leaving room for if I slipped, and when I did that once it really slowed down the result for that week. In the last few week I took a complete cut on the fruit, just eating eggs, white meat, fish, green veg and salards (with a small amout of red wine viniger and herbs for dressing). Just one handful of nuts per day.

Most of the time I did well to keep off cheat meals, more a less was having "Cheat nibbles", like one or two bits of something I shouldn't.

The only sups I took was branch chains (lots of them, even during workouts).
Fish oil
Post workout shake - 40g whey, 20g Glycine , 5-10g Glutamine all unflavoured.

Nobody said:
how tall are you
5ft 10.

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great work man! This is a prime example of how consistency discipline and smart training/dieting can give great results!

Keep it up!

TheJuan

Reaction score
Wow that's amazing progress mate! Keep up the good work.

Did your workouts only consist of HIIT in the morning?

Duracell_Bunny

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
TheJuan said:
Wow that's amazing progress mate! Keep up the good work.

Did your workouts only consist of HIIT in the morning?
I usually did morning HIIT 2-3 times a week as well as weights in the evening.

Cycled 4 days straight of morning sprints, evening weights then one days rest irrelavent to which day of the week it was.

If I had bad energy levels I'd miss a morning of sprints and do these on a rest day or leave it entirly. The weights workouts was where I found the real magic to happen.

Weight sessions consisted of super sets with low rest times.

The changed every 4 weeks, this is an example of a typical chest workout, although sometimes I'd superset with split muscle groups. Gets the heart rate going up. The intensity and number of exercises also increased each month.

4-5 sets of:
DB Flat bench x 6
BD Incline x 12
Pressups x 20 (placed knees on floor when failure reached)
1 minute rest

1 5x5 drop set bench

Leg workouts were very tough and extremely sweaty!!!

The whole plan was very intense and tiring, I'd certainly not do this long term.

BobCarlton

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, we have VERY similar stats.

I too am 5'10" and was 180 lbs at 20% bodyfat when I started cutting down in June.

It's now been 2 months and so far I'm down to 14% bodyfat and weigh 161 lbs. The only thing is, I seem to have lost a few pounds of muscle that I'm not happy about.

I've also noticed for me my strength has gone down A LOT. And I feel and am much "smaller". Despite looking better and having more energy, my clothes don't fit anymore and I fear getting under 160 lbs. It's been kind of frustrating. Did you experience this at all?

I lift weights 5 times a week and run 6 days a week for 40 minutes.

I also have been keeping a food journal and tracking everything that I'm eating, basically counting calories. I make sure my protein and fat intake is very high as well. I'm doing somewhat of the "Slow Carb Diet" related to the Four Hour Body.

I want to get down to under 12%... but any advice you could give me on what I'm doing?