Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My Field Reports: non-bar approaches

MOTU

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been having some POF success but want to improve my real-world game. Approaching chicks at the bar is not hard for me so I am leaving that out of this effort, plus I don't think I'll find the chicks I want there (not because I don't drink, but because I like to drink in my yard with my friends).

So I am going to work on approaches in everyday situations. Problem is, I don't go many places, at least close to home. I travel a lot for work and when I am home I work in an office by myself. So I have to be aware, creative and not miss opportunities. Right now I kinda suck at that.

Today I decided when I was running errands I was going to do at least one approach at each stop. Here are my results:
Home improvement store: only 2 ugly chicks in the store, so I got my stuff and left. As I was leaving I thought to myself I should have wandered through the garden center.

Drug Store: only decent girl in the place had her kid who was around 2 with her. I wandered past and saw that she was attractive, no ring. Maybe 28-32. I decided I would chat her at checkout, but not ask for a #. I timed arrival at checkout right and made some comment to her about what her kid was doing. We chatted through checkout. It was pleasant, I think I could have gotten a number if I would have tried. She gave me a nice big smile and wave as she drove out of the lot.

Tire Store: Only F there was cashier. Had a pleasant conversation. Now at this point I should point out, that normally I wouldn't converse with her in that situation, I would pay and get out. But I made an effort to chat and it was ok. She was fat and married so no number request.

Office Supply Store: only a few chicks in the store. I got what I needed then wandered down the aisle where the best looking chick was. She was pretty, late 30's, a little cleavage show. Oh, and a big fcking rock on her left hand. I started to walk away but thought what the hell it's just practice so I struck up a convo about... wait for it.. GLUE! It was short and pleasant. I left.

So all in all not too bad for a dry run. I am gonna try to keep this up, I want my next plate to come from the real world. I'll post my results, feel free to flame or rep as you see fit.

poster_guy03

Don Juan
Reaction score
Try venturing out to (in this order) Home Goods, TJ Maxx and Marshals... Very fertile locations for day game for the mature man...

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear MOTU,
Hardware Stores with a Garden Centre are really the go,without consciously trying conversations just happen,and you will have the high ground...I was in one yesterday...There was an attractive Lady tying a length of shelving on her roof rack...She couldn't tie knots and I had a conversation going in minutes,from roof racks to how she was going to fix her shelf...Seems she had no fixings for the wall brackets she had built...I could have ended up fixing her shelf and her too but I was just too busy...I just couldn't spare an afternoon.

Married Buried

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep hitting on the cashiers they are perfect targets. You will get shot down most of the time but who cares. One time I hit on cute one at the gas station, just told her I like her hair. She ended up giving me her # and banged on the first date. You never know, I almost walked out that day too scared to say anything.

SecondHalf

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great job OP. What you're doing is spot on. It matters not if you think you can or would want to pursue any of these ladies, but the conversation practice and the confidence you gain by successful interactions with them is all very much part of it.

It doesn't have to be just the babes either. If you are learning/polishing your ability to interest and amuse any people, you're gaining.

Calculated indirection can be very helpful too. Amuse an easy audience (not gender specific) who is in listening distance of the unapproachable target (they all eavesdrop) and you open a door that might have been bolt locked had you approached directly (a lineup won't be enough time though).

I look forward to your reports!

SH

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't see what this has to do with mods banning members and closing threads. :D

Kidding, just a little Sosuave humor. Great job, OP. Good to see some field work being done.

I hold back in pharmacies, I guess because people might be there to pick up really weird and personal stuff (itch cream for example).

MOTU

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
samspade said:
I hold back in pharmacies, I guess because people might be there to pick up really weird and personal stuff (itch cream for example).
Hahah that's some funny sh!t

MOTU

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok I haven't had much time for outings but I did a little work at the large supermarket yesterday:

In the meat section, superhotty was checking out the sale of the week. I lingered for a minute then said "you know, those always look good but I can't always get them to turn out good". She turned her back to me without ever even looking my way.

Bread aisle, little hot mamacita was comparing breads. I tried to think of something to say but couldn't. She walked away. I smiled at her as she passed she smiled but looked down kept moving. I wanted to talk to her. I tried to stay in or around the same aisles she was in for a few minutes but couldn't come up with an approach. I choked!

At the check out, woman behind me has a basket with cantaloupes and pineapples. I comment "wow look at you all healthy with the fruit and here I am buying steaks, potatoes and beer". She smiles back and says "well you have a bag of salad too" and I reply "that's for my daughter" and a little banter ensues. She comments the fruit is for a dance team activity, I inquire and find that her daughter and my daughter go to the same school and are friends. I didn't ask for her # because she isn't that attractive to me. But I see her in the parking lot as I am leaving and her body is better than I thought. She smiles and waves as I drive out. I can probably find her on fb but not sure I want to game on my daughters friends mother.

So not too bad of a day! One thing thinking about day game has done is made me dress a little better. I usually wander around in tshirts and flips flops, pretty sloppy. But since I am trying to make approaches I am think more carefully about what I wear day to day.

Today me and a bro are going to a large outdoor fleamarket (sunny and 75 here in TX today, sorry to all you d@mn yankees) and my goal is to get two numbers. I dig the hispanic chicks so it is a good venue for me. I'll post results.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear MOTU,
You did well on the Fruit stall,pity it was only practice...but very badly in the Bakers....When you are stuck for words in a conversation,Think Past,present,so you could say Gee but do you remember when we were kids there was a choice of White or Brown,large or small,now (look around the Rack),Rye,Quinoa,Oat Bran,gluten free...You need a degree in Nutritional Science to buy a loaf. these days..That will get a response,two more and it's coffee time!

MOTU

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Update on some approaches:
Tried the clothing stores - Marshalls and Kohl's. Problem was the women in the men's section were either with men or wearing rings. No luck.

Chatted up a nice looking waitress at a local taquiera. As I was preparing the bill I said (with a nice smile) "I bet you get tired of mexican food. Give me your number and I'll take you for some italian." She just laughed and said "no". Ouch!

Was in the airport, and I was determined to get an approach or two in. So I positioned myself to enter the train with two decent looking chicks and thought I would chat up whichever was more available, but both ended up with their backs to me. But at the next stop a short little MILF got on at the last minute, but nowhere to hold on. So I lowered my hand on the pole and pointed to it and she gabbed on. As train pulled away I said "didn't want to see you go tumbling. Well, actually, I might have laughed for a minute but then I would have felt bad". She smiled and said "Just for a minute, right" then paused and said "yea I couldn't have reached those" pointing up to the loops and I said "I'll give you a boost" and she grinned and nice eye contact. Then got off the train.

At my destination city I decided more train chat was in order so when I boarded I got in the vicinity of a very very nice looking blond, then made a comment "I feel like I just boarded a cattle car" she gave me a glance and little smile then looked away. I figured another crash but after a minute she asked, with a bit of an accent, how to get to the rental car center. I told her the stop and said I am going that way you can follow me. At the stop she did indeed follow me and we chatted a bit on the escalator, found she was from Montreal and I was there a few weeks ago, etc. I tease her a little about cold montreal making chicks crazy in the summer, etc. We chat on and off all the way to car center. She asks me where I am staying... I almost got her number but she was wearing a ring and I don't do married chicks, but it was a good confidence booster for me.

So my takeaways from this round: the treating like a bratty little sister works. In both train interactions the light teasing made them a little flush and got me good reactions. I will try and hone those skills. Also, if you open a conversation and don't get a response, linger a minute - could be she doesn't know how to respond and is thinking it through.

So still no actual number scores, but I am making progress. I really have limited opportunities, so I need to be sure and take advantage of the ones I get.

MOTU

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok I have continued doing approaches at the grocery and walmart, I have a tired and true opener now: when looking at the soup, bread, whatever I just say "when did soup get to be so complicated? I just want some chicken noodle" and it usually gets some eye contact or at least a giggle. I have had a couple of short follow up convo's but still not managed to get a number. How do I make the transition from mindless soup chat to give me your number??

Also, if a chick giggles and responds only really briefly, that's an indication of low interest, right? Example, I used my complicated speal on hottie and she looked at me, giggled and said "I know, right?" then hustled off with no follow up. So then I end up behind her in line and she accidentally mixes her stuff with the lady in front of her so when it's her turn and I start putting my duff on the conveyor I tease her about it. She laughs and says she was embarrassed but then quickly goes about her business with no follow up.

So that just means she didn't find me attractive, right? I figure no amount of clever convo helps if they don't find you attractive, so no point in pushing an interaction - if she had any interest in me, she would have responded more.

Feedback?