My favorite Don Juan... not anyone you would expect either...

tsmith2334

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just wrote this in another post but I would like to give it it's own thread. I try to take after this man in all avenues of life and encourage anyone else to do the same. In my mind, he is the embodiment of a Don Juan...

"If there's one "Don Juan" I recommend you take after, it would be the late Jim Henson. Yes, the man who created the Muppets. He said "I know I drive some people crazy with what seems to be ridiculous optimism, but it has always worked out for me."

He realized that he controls his own emotions and did everything in his power to not let them boggle him down at any point in his life. He was a Don Juan in every sense of the word; exceedingly rich, successful, likable, positive towards himself and others, and yes he did date models on regular basis (after he became separated from his wife).

What did good ol' Jim have that you don't? He wasn't strikingly handsome, born to a rich family, or breathtakingly intelligent... he just had a simple and uncanny knack to make bad situations okay and good situations better. Whenever I need inspiration I become incredibly inspired by reading up on his life, his achievements and quotes he has said.

OTB

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dropping bombs on AFC strongholds in the city that
tsmith2334 said:
He was a Don Juan in every sense of the word; exceedingly rich, successful, likable, positive towards himself and others, and yes he did date models on regular basis (after he separated his wife).

What did good ol' Jim have that you don't? He wasn't strikingly handsome, born to a rich family, or breathtakingly intelligent...
In addition to that, Wasn't he pretty overweight / border-line obese?

OTB

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dropping bombs on AFC strongholds in the city that
tsmith2334 said:
"I know I drive some people crazy with what seems to be ridiculous optimism, but it has always worked out for me."
Yeah bro, I can totally relate to this quote! :up:

I've always had a confident, almost-arrogant, ultra-positive outlook on life since my early adolescent years :cool:

And ever since I can remember, the so-called postives gained from "ridiculous optimism" has far-outwieghed any of the negatives I might have experienced! :yes:

tsmith2334

Master Don Juan
Reaction score