Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My ex-girlfriend and trauma

Playboy

Don Juan
Reaction score
So I am very disturbed this morning, I knew my subconscious was doing bad **** to me but I didn't understand how badly it was. You see I have an ex-girlfriend that i almost got engaged to and lived with for 3 years and dated long distance for 1.5 years for a total of 4.5 years together.

When she was in my life she was one of the best things to happen for me along with graduating college, as far as accomplishments that have "stuck" in my life. When we broke up it was sudden, and it was ugly and drawn out. She shattered my confidence in a lot of ways that would be any aspiring PUA's nightmare. She confirmed many of my insecurities. Maybe she was just upsett that I was living with another girl, but she was very uncool about the whole thing and basically made me feel like a total joke to her.

Anyways guys this was 3 years ago and in fact it may have been 3 years ago to this day but I cant remember, just remember it was the end of may into June that it happened. So this morning I wake up to a nightmare, I am disorientated. I don't know where she is and I feel loss. Then slowly as my brain starts kicking in I realize that I don't have a girlfriend, and that she is no longer my girlfriend. When my memory came back I realized that I had been dreaming of us together all night, I think it was alternating between me and her together and me and her BACK together trying again with the new me, the PUA me.

Now this is extremely disturbing to me. I haven't got to a level of success that I want yet, havent had a girl that has meant even close to what she meant to me since her, and have had a long troubled world in being effective out in the dating world because I keep getting in my own way. I left the city about a year and a half ago and except for a summer trip last year really have not been very happy or effective in this small town. I am TRYING to gear up and get some steady and consistant exposure to a bunch of women this summer and hopefully end up with a consistant girl at some point but my lifestyle and life at this point isn't exactly something I look forward to bringing someone into. The fact I woke up traumatized by this dream really worries me, this is CRAZY STUFF, what should I do? Should I see a shrink or what?

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like she was pretty insecure herself considering how she was acting about you living with some other chick in a purely platonic scenario.

Also it showed she was un-trusting of you which pretty much means she was a bad candidate to have for a girlfriend dude.

Yep, I know we all get tricked by chicks at times who are bad for our lives with the great and fleeting good times making us think they are ok and its perfectly healthy for a relationship to have massive problems in between the good times. It isn't.

In anycase even if any insults she made against you, you believe to confirm your insecurities and other negatives about yourself begin to pull away the best you can from allowing her to have an emotional effect on you over this by recognizing that even if any of these criticisms are true she was doing this from a place of wanting to hurt you and because of this her harmful words as well as she herself should be paid no more attention by you.

And remember she has her own faults, so she has no real moral high ground from which to criticise you from.

Seriously right now if you want write out all of her negatives that you perceived during and after the relationship and ask yourself if this is the kind of person who should be allowed to pass judgement on you?

I think the answer you will come to is a firm and loud no.

gherald

Don Juan
Reaction score
i've had similar situation year ago...

and i think its worse. but i just continued my life...

and eventually tell myself i wont be involved in a serious ltr again.

HBs have passed and here i am now finding myself getting serious with someone.

although i wont deny that im still dreaming of her. but i am just ignoring it.

as they say "you have the choice to be happy" so why would you choose to be sad...