Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My ex GF had a car crash

bigshot

Don Juan
Reaction score
on wednesday night my gf had a car crash, her sternums out of place slightly, her back and neck are f*kd cuz of whiplash, teeth are chipped, arms bruised, legs bruised and cut realy badly. Now thats pretty bad, she only just passed her driving test about 3weeks ago.

I dont really talk 2 her no more, havnt done so since we broke up. we attend the same college, buh do u think i shud send her a text or something to see if shes ok.

she didnt tell me herself about the accident, a friend of mine told me.
i have decided to cut off all contact with her (after our break up) as this was advised in one of the "how to handle a breakup" post. therefore i dont really want to send her a text msg (to ask how she is) but im just wondering what the right thing to do would be. after all, she did fuk me about in our relationship.

djSlvt

Banned
Reaction score
Well, accident is different. Send her flowers with a message card, "hope you get better". Then no contact, unless she calls or comes around. Then you can be a friend for her, if she needs one.

I crashed at 120 mph, got knocked out, but otherwise was alright, no cuts, or brocken bones, even drove the car home after cutting exhaust pipe off. It was on 95 crown vic police. If she got fvcked up so badly then either she wasnt wearing a belt or it was a head on crush, or more likely she was driving a piece of sh1t jap rice burner.. Just to give you an idea of what not to drive, mahn.

bigshot

Don Juan
Reaction score
i really dont know the exact details of the crash, cuz i just heard the story briefly from a friend.

i dont think i will send her flowers or a card, cuz shes one of those types that will use that to think that im still interested in her. (even though i broke up with her in jan this year).

Rudra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreeing... in such an extreme situation, see just the person and not your ex GF... just a person that was close to you and now is in need of whatever emotional backup she can get. Call her up, would be best. Write a card. Flowers? Maybe. But best is personal contact of course, if seeing her is not one of your options, then call.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bigshot said:
I dont really talk 2 her no more, havnt done so since we broke up
Then why start now? just because someone has personal tragedy does not mean that all bets are off and the history you two shared will be forgetton. This chick will get better and be fine with or without your help and "you being there". She got her family, her friends, and possibly her current boyfriend. You stepped out of the picture a long time ago by choice, don't try to be a that guy again popping out of the blue. She might not even want to see you since your conflict is still there.

MVPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't need flowers. Thats just silly, and its definitely a romantic statement in this context. Send her a card, a polite message saying you hope she gets better. She might be your ex, but she's also a human being, So treat her like you would any friend, send a get-better note, and wish her good luck. Thats all you can do.

\O/

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She's alive, she will be fine. Ignore.

bigshot

Don Juan
Reaction score
well let me put it this way, we were just really really really good friends from may 06-nov 06. November is wen i found out she liked me, i did my part in telling her i liked her aswell, and we got together. but we only lasted 6weeks, and it f*kd up our friendship. so its difficult for me to decide wat 2 do because the relationship itself wasnt exactly serious (6weeks isnt long for a relationship).

i like the idea of a quick phone call, but then again, i definately understand not contacting her at all. she probably took me out of her life the same way as i have done.

bigshot

Don Juan
Reaction score
Play the Game said:
I'm jealous... :whistle:
why are you jealous?

even though i dont talk 2 her, ive noticed shes changed alot.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
don't be a d!ck to her. Send her flowers or a card.

comic_relief

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bah, I don't know what you should do.

Unless you actually want her back, there's not really any harm in sending her a card and/or calling. Do what you want. (And flowers only make sense if she's actually in the hospital. Otherwise leave them out no matter what.)

champb

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing's wrong with just giving her a call. If you are worried about the idea of sending flowers and her thinking you like her just make the phone call. Just keep the call short, ask her how she's doing, tell her the usual get well soon type thing and then end the call. The sooner you end the conversation the better. If you try to talk long she could think you want to rekindle things (maybe not), ending it soon she will probably get the idea you are being nice to a friend.

Juan_Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The new rule is that if you find out that your ex-girlfriend has been in a serious accident, you must wait at least six days before you call her to avoid giving off signs of desperation. If you wait that long, you are guaranteed a kiss close when you visit her at the hospital.

WAKE UP, PEOPLE!!!! Believe it or not, there are situations where even DJ rules shouldn't be considered. Just send her a card wishing her well and let her know that she can call you whenever.

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MVPlaya said:
You don't need flowers. Thats just silly, and its definitely a romantic statement in this context.
How are flowers a romantic statement? Would it also have been bad to send flowers to her funeral if she hadn't made it? Flowers are a "normal" thing to send to anyone you know who gets into an accident or gets sick and spends some time in the hospital. Now, I'm not saying the OP should send roses, but a florist could give pointers to the right type of flowers to send.

You guys are turning into damned social robots...

bigshot

Don Juan
Reaction score
Berlex said:
neg hit her
how is this a neghit situation?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok i think ill call her, but what exactly should i say if i want to keep the call short?
-"hey heard what happend, hope your ok and you recover fast"

Anything else?

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unless you want to get back together with this girl who dumped you and who can't drive -- which you shouldn't -- then it really doesn't matter what you do.