Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My best friend hit on my girl!

BADA-BING

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was talking to my new girl I have been dating for a few months, and she just blurts out that my best friend of atleast 10 years said he "is attracted to her".

I have to admit I have seen a little flirting between the two, but I think it is harmless. I guess it happened when they were on the way to come pick me up in the car( they live close to each other). He had been drinking and he just turned to her and said "I'm attracted to you". He supposedly didn't make a move or anything he just said that to her. Naturally she is wierded out.

She is freaked out now that it will be awkward hanging out with him and talking to him because I see and hang out with him all the time. She of course is usaully with me. Sooo....

I don't know what to do because I have never been in this position before. Should I confront him??? Or what??? What do you guys think?

Android

Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol, I think that's sort of funny. Personally, I think you should just be cool about it. As long as they don't really do anything, its gotta be amusing. I would laugh at them. If my girl told me my best friend said that, I would laugh right in her face.

digitalrat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Stay on the fench on this one. You dont know "exactly" what happened for sure and your best friend might be truely attracted to her(which is a good thing, she must be hot).

As you said, they both had been drinking. It might just been of a his mind and just let it out of his mouth. Although he didnt make a move, you should confront him but in a totally non aggressive way. Maybe when you guys are at the bar or hanging out and drinking, just mention to him that your g/f mentioned that statement to you and you thought it was funny.

That way you can get more information and decided how you finally want to judge this situation.

If he wants to actually make a physical move with her then he is a friend you cant trust.

Now, if he just likes her and it was a drunk statement, then it shouldnt come between you guys unless he acutally makes a move in the future.

Also, it can be good or bad that your girlfriend mentioned this to you. There could be a submovtive.

I'm Joe Dirt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think its good that she mentioned it to you, if she didn't and you found out from a 3rd party that would be cause for suspicion cause if that happened to me I'd wonder why she is hiding it from me.

So yeah, I think that her telling you was a good thing.

As far as your best friend, don't even think about being more jealous or visibly more guarded. Don't go out of your way to do anything in that area. Jealously is the fastest way to kill a relationship (since relationships are based on trust and jealousy is the manifestation of a lack of trust in a relationship).

Black_Italian

Banned
Reaction score
Hahaha man you cant tell me that you have never once been attracted sexually to a friends gf. I have. Everyone has and if they deny it they are full of sh*t.

Ninja out

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Black_Italian
Hahaha man you cant tell me that you have never once been attracted sexually to a friends gf. I have. Everyone has and if they deny it they are full of sh*t.

Ninja out
Hell yeah!!!

Every straight man has the uncontrollable desire to **** what he pereives to be an attractive women. Lot of ****ing liars on this forum. Good men don't chase every hottie...

libre

Don Juan
Reaction score
That is very funny.

Don't worry about it. Let it go. Sure he might be attracted and he can even it on her. So what? Don't make a fuss about it. If you do it could quite put a dent in your relationship with your girlfriend and you will probably lose your frienship to your friend.

You can see that your friend is an intelligent guy and that he sees the value of your girlfriend.

It is preferable that you ignore the thing. If nothing comes of it there is no problem. If ever things degenerate and your girlfriend switches to him, well there is nothing you can do to prevent it, and you will have gotten a great life favor. In this case, who would like to frequent a woman who can make out with your friend. Who would like to have a friend who steals your girlfriend?

Have fun over it.

MacDiddy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Best solution that ensures your friendships stay intact as well as your relationship with GF is to make your best friend seem very Beta in your GFs eyes. You can do this by getting together and confronting him like "so your attracted to my GF huh? Here go ahead, try and pick her up, come on... you shy all of a sudden"

Of course you have to act very alpha, calm and cheeky... your GF will giggle of course and instantly see the Beta in your friend if he just shys away. Which is what I'd expect because no one could be prepared for this ****... This will instantly disarm your friend from any potential threat to your GF... Its like AMOG tactics in a way!!!!

Also you'll have to withdraw your friend from contact with your GF....

flexion_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds pretty funny to me. I'd just tell the GF he does that with every girl he meets.

Just put it in the back of your mind and no need worrying unless this becomes a trend.

BADA-BING

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks guys...I was sweating over this one.

It seems its not that big of a deal beacuse I too have been attracted to his Ex but I didn't say anything about it.

I feel as long as she is being honest and he doesn't act on it...I'm good for now.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
are you guys nuts.

id call yoru friend out on the carpet. ask him why he's telling your gf that hes attracted to her.

totally inappropriate if you ask me. either one of two things are going on...

1) hes trying to plant the thought in her head so that she will a) start thinking of him romantically and maybe switch sides or b) should you 2 break up he's already laid the ground work to move in on her

or

2) shes making this to drive the beginning of a wedge between the two of you

either way, be a man, call him out on his behavior. then after tell him its not cool to be telling YOUR gf that hes attracted to her.

i don't know, maybe i just have higher standards from friends. none of my friends would do something liek that. they'd keep it to themselves.

J

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
Wasn't his friend drunk at the time???

I think you have it where ur gf and friend are too close. Why have some other guy drive your girlfriend around???

BADA-BING

Don Juan
Reaction score
She was sober and He was drunk.

They live a block from each other and I live a couple miles away so they were coming over to pick me up so we can all save gas money.

brenbaus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Black_Italian

Ninja out

HELLS YES, that is just the way it is, however, I have never told my friends g/f I was attracted to her; but, whatever, you guys can keep denying it. I know I want to fvck my friends g/f she is HOT as a mofo

nishbuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a compliment to YOU.

It's not a compliment if he MOVES in on her. Just make sure you're girlfriend knows whose the MAN. You need act cool about this. If he's your friend of ten years, he knows better than to move in on your woman. If he doesn't, then you must be picking ****ty friends.

BlackJackal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by SELF-MASTERY
Hell yeah!!!

Every straight man has the uncontrollable desire to **** what he pereives to be an attractive women. Lot of ****ing liars on this forum. Good men don't chase every hottie...
I know I've been attracted to my friends girl. But it aint worth friendship to go act on it. But it's still ok to be attracted.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Watch your back with this guy. He sounds like a snake!

He took the "nice guy" approach, but the only thing that stopped him making a move is his lack of balls!

I wouldn't suggest you confront him, but just be very wary of him and watch your back. I guarantee if she had responded positively to him telling her this, he would have betrayed your trust in an instant (and probably blamed it on being drunk if you ever found out) and fvcked her.

I've dealt with a "friend" like this before and I found out he was dropping little things out to my girlfriend to subtly put her off me, while he befriended her in the hope she'd notice him as the sweet guy she should have chosen all along (since "nice guys" think a lot like a Hollywood romance).

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Avon
Set him up. Get your gf to act interested and see if he tries it again.

Then jump out of the backseat and smash his treachorous brains out with a baseball bat.

haha, I like this idea!!! :)