Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My attempt at Pugsley's challenge**please read and help**

ocbeachbum

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been reading sosuave here and there for 2 years. I never use the tips because no matter how much I read on confidence I couldnt make myself be confident. I weighed 360lbs and hated myself. It took me 13 months but I am now 243lbs and pretty well in good shape. A muscular 243lbs. I am starting to dress for success and am finally getting confidence. My teeth are a little messed up but im getting braces next month. Here are my stats:
Height: 6'2
Wt: 243lbs
Hair: shaved bald (I have brown hair but chose to shave due to a receding hair line)
Serious Relationships: 0
Short Term Relationships: 5
Sex: 1 painfully short experience but thats it

So you see my past isnt all that great. I read Pug's journal yesterday and wow it gave me confidence! No offense to pug but he is an average looking guy with a little extra pounds. I always thought theres no way decent looking chicks want that but he proved me wrong. He overcame his fear and now I want to do the same. I will do the same basic pick up he used but my goal is a little less for now. I will do 30 approaches in 30 days.

I started today late (after the steelers game..im from pittsburgh) and went to Barnes and Nobles. Not any decent pickings. Any semi good girls were with guys. I spent about 45 minutes there and left. The only other place that was open was Wal Mart and as expected nothing but trash there pretty much. I saw one hot girl looking at some school supplies just as I was (I was getting a notebook to keep track of this) but i chickened out. I have this horrible thing that I think girls are too hot for me.

Anyways Im going to keep going but it will be hard mostly because I work all week 8:30am-5:30pm. But I do hit the gym every night and have weekends to play with.

2 questions Id like advice on:
1. I saw these 2 girls at a movie theater and they were both checking me out. I did nothing of course but my question is what do you do when 2 girls are together? You run the risk of approaching the wrong one/offending the other. Maybe in cold pickups the best way would be too just not approach but in this case they were both into me. What should I have done
2. Pugs wrote down what he wanted in a wife. I have that same goal. I want to get married and have kids one day but I realize that wont happen right away. I think what I want in a potential girlfriend would be the best thing but heres my thoughts. My perfect looks for a girl would be super skinny with long brown hair and decently tall however that doesnt mean I wont settle for someone 5'3, blond, thick, and hot. Should I even make this list?

To sum it up:
30 days-30 approaches
Goal: Get over fear of women and possibly get some dates and have fun. Gain confidence

Day one: 1/2/05
Approaches: 0
Numbers: 0
Dates: 0

Thanks for reading and please give me any help you can

Layla

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey ocbeachbum, if i were you i'd look into the boot camp instead of jumping into approaches.

Pugsley got to where he was by starting the boot camp, then slowly building enough confidenence to the point where he was able to meet girls.

I tried to start something similair to you but with 50 approaches and i just kept chickening out.

I just started boot camp on new years and its already given me a huge boost of confidence, and i wasnt chikening out of saying hi like i was on approaching.

Anyways, thats jus my thoughts and good luck:cool:

edit: sorry never mind i thought pugsley did the boot camp from the beginnning so never mind that bit.

klaz

Don Juan
Reaction score
ocbeachbum, thumbs up on the Boot Camp. Its given me alot of confidence so far with the more beautiful women. Heck, its given me more confidence overall.

I doubt I'd complete Pugsley's challenge before I finish the Boot Camp. However, You've been bookmarked, so I hope to see more of your posts. ;)

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And about two girls together, go for it. By walking up and talking to one, you'll automaticly make the other one (her friend) really jelouse. In fact, walk up to the girl that's slightly less hot adn start talking to her first. Then the hot one will be thinking "Why didn't he come to me first? What does she have that I don't have?" So just kinda play both of them and it'll work out to your favor.

If you have what it takes to jump right into the cold approaches, by all means go for it, if you find that you can't get the courage to actually do it, start with the boot camp.

Good luck!

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BTW: what other cool lines can you guys think of for cold approaches besides the "are you single?" one, I'm going to be trying to do the same thing here.

ocbeachbum

Don Juan
Reaction score
Boot camp

I have off today so Im hoping I can get a few approaches in.

My question is what is the boot camp and where can I find instructions on how to do it?

Thanks

Pugsley_f5

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
OC bum, the first approach is always the hardest.....just get enough courage to do the first , and the rest will be hard but get easier and easier....by number 10 you will be nearly fear free, just commit to do the first 10 and I can gaurantee that if you do them in succession on back to back days your fear will be nearly gone.....

ocbeachbum

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 2

Day 2 1/3/05

I went the local mall here first. Tons of hot girls but most seemed under the age of 18. Plus it was kind of hard considering they were just walking by you rapidly. There was never a chance to actually talk to one. There is this one super cute red haired girl at starbucks in the mall. I walked by and she smiled at me. I kept walking past starbucks a million times just waiting for an opportunity but sadly it never came.

I went to Barnes and Nobles next. Very slim pickings again. However I found decently cute girl. Prob. a 6.5 She had a shyness and cuteness about her though. Probably 5'6 slightly thick. Long brownish/blond hair and glasses. She was looking at medical books so I walked up and said:

Me: So are you studying to be a doctor?
Her: Yes...hopefully anyways
Me: Thats a ton of schooling. How far along are you?
Her: 3 years
Me: Thats awesome! Hey can I ask you a question?
Her: Yeah sure
Me: Are you single?
Her: (huge blush and smile) No Im not...im sorry
Me: Oh well My name is Eric and it was great meeting you though
Her: Im Jen. You too(shook hand)
Me: Good luck with the whole doctor thing
Her: Thanks

Wow I finally did one and what a relief! She seemed truly sad that she actually had a boyfriend and seemed like she was really flattered!

All in all a good first effort. There just doesnt seem to be too much opportunity here in the pittsburgh area. Where can I go besides Barnes and Nobles? Hopefully when I actually can do this on a friday and saturday more girls will be out

I work all week so unless something happens at the gym this week I prob. wont have another approach until the weekend

Thanks

BLUEox117

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Day 2

Originally posted by ocbeachbum
Day 2 1/3/05

I went the local mall here first. Tons of hot girls but most seemed under the age of 18. Plus it was kind of hard considering they were just walking by you rapidly. There was never a chance to actually talk to one. There is this one super cute red haired girl at starbucks in the mall. I walked by and she smiled at me. I kept walking past starbucks a million times just waiting for an opportunity but sadly it never came.

I went to Barnes and Nobles next. Very slim pickings again. However I found decently cute girl. Prob. a 6.5 She had a shyness and cuteness about her though. Probably 5'6 slightly thick. Long brownish/blond hair and glasses. She was looking at medical books so I walked up and said:

Me: So are you studying to be a doctor?
Her: Yes...hopefully anyways
Me: Thats a ton of schooling. How far along are you?
Her: 3 years
Me: Thats awesome! Hey can I ask you a question?
Her: Yeah sure
Me: Are you single?
Her: (huge blush and smile) No Im not...im sorry
Me: Oh well My name is Eric and it was great meeting you though
Her: Im Jen. You too(shook hand)
Me: Good luck with the whole doctor thing
Her: Thanks

Wow I finally did one and what a relief! She seemed truly sad that she actually had a boyfriend and seemed like she was really flattered!

All in all a good first effort. There just doesnt seem to be too much opportunity here in the pittsburgh area. Where can I go besides Barnes and Nobles? Hopefully when I actually can do this on a friday and saturday more girls will be out

I work all week so unless something happens at the gym this week I prob. wont have another approach until the weekend

Thanks
you coulda asked her sme basic question a doctor could answer, that coulda went well.

ocbeachbum

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think im giving up:( I cant find any girls worth approaching every time I go out. I cant find them in any stores. I go to clubs but most of those girls there are a waste of time. Someone please help...pittsburgh sucks for dating!(actually rated one of worst cities)

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ocbeachbum
I think im giving up:( I cant find any girls worth approaching every time I go out. I cant find them in any stores. I go to clubs but most of those girls there are a waste of time. Someone please help...pittsburgh sucks for dating!(actually rated one of worst cities)
If you're really trying to improve yourself and gain confidence with women, you're going to have to stop being so picky. Don't limit your approaches to girls you can see yourself with. IMO you should approach girls whether they're hot or not. It doesn't have to be a pick-up situation to improve your conversation skills. After a while, you will be able to approach any female at any given time.