my 1st post..a situation

omega05

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
alright 1st post

this one female i go to college with is basically giving me the silent treatment

short story: I invite her to a movie at the end of the week and she says if she's not going out of town then sure. So friday rolls around and i hit her up asking if she's still up for the movie and she says she's going out of town saturday morning so i ask her what she's doing tonight. She says she's staying in so i tell her im gonna drive to a club then. She then asks me if i can take her to the grocery store real quick and i decline. so i see her next week and she asks me how the club was and i tell her i went to a different club and she asks why i couldnt take her to the store and i tell her she couldnt come to a movie with me but she wants me to take her to the store. so she basically starts giving me the silent treatment whenever i see her. this has been like 2-3 weeks now. what can i do to "fix" this situation without just "keeping it moving"?

slaog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with MSwrestler. Its good that you didn't take her to the store but you reason for not doing it was bad. It seemed a little childish especially from her point of view.

When you decline to do things for women it should be because you have other things to do. At least tell them that.

hover411

Don Juan
Reaction score
you may have burned this bridge,

just be cool with her, try to get good communication going. get her comfortable to a point that she actually wants to hang with you. it sounds like you were never at that point, which is why she flaked.

btw a movie is a crappy date anyway.

omega05

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hover411 said:
you may have burned this bridge,

just be cool with her, try to get good communication going. get her comfortable to a point that she actually wants to hang with you. it sounds like you were never at that point, which is why she flaked.

btw a movie is a crappy date anyway.
but we have hanged before at my place. she cooked for me. we were cool before this situation. how can i get good communication going though?

Dannyrt34

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't you have the ability to make her laugh???? There's nothing better than a girl trying her hardest to give you the silent treatment, then just busts out laughing cause your cool like that ;)

Trust me on this, if you can get her to laugh when she's mad at you, your golden.

LinkinParkROX

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude...

You're the prize. She's just a bitch. You're bigger than her - you don't need to play silly games, and you certainly shouldn't be her pussy and keep going back. An insight into women's inner mental workings, they're submissive by nature; while males are more dominant by nature. Know you're the man, she's the woman - you dominate, she submits. She might not be submissive right now, but it's only a matter of time until her feminine-ness catches up with her and she comes crawling back to you. If she doesn't, she's not very feminine, meaning she's manly.

Do you really want to date/bang a manly chick? You may have one-itis. There are heaps of other chicks out there. If she wants to keep this up, let her. It shouldn't really affect you. You've got better things to do than pay attention to a girl that plays silly games and won't talk to you. Sounds like you're paying a little too much attention. Get her off that pedestal, and show her she's just another girl, nothing special. Show her that you're not affected by this stupid silent treatment, and you don't give two shits if she talks to you or not, and she'll melt.

She'll probably even be more attracted to you for it, because it shows you're manly, and also that she's not a big deal to you. This displays three attractive qualities to women: Masculinity, Confidence and Being a Challenge. It'll also show her that you're the prize, she needs to win you over - not the other way around. This will make her be all over you. Also, you need to have the willingness to walk away! Like I said, show her that you don't need her, that you can be happy without her, and she will, 100% guaranteed, shamelessly follow. Good luck, brother! Keep us updated.

Desert Fox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
keep moving. this b1tch tried to play you and use you like a tool once she THOUGHT she had total control over you once you expressed interest.

but you had BALLS and were like "go get your own damn groceries b1tch."

now she is startled and shocked that someone actually had the balls to stand up to her b1tch user ass.

drop this one, she had no interest in you beyond you being her chauffer and puppy dog.

Igetit!

Reaction score
Dannyrt34 said:
Don't you have the ability to make her laugh???? There's nothing better than a girl trying her hardest to give you the silent treatment, then just busts out laughing cause your cool like that ;)

Trust me on this, if you can get her to laugh when she's mad at you, your golden.
Wow,Danny. This is a good idea. A very good idea.

+1 rep.

Desert Fox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
slaog said:
I agree with MSwrestler. Its good that you didn't take her to the store but you reason for not doing it was bad. It seemed a little childish especially from her point of view.

When you decline to do things for women it should be because you have other things to do. At least tell them that.
I disagree. This is a pvssy woman way of doing things. It's all vague and flaky. I just be upfront and show them I don't play games, I see through all their sh1t and unless they drop it, I'm out.

omega05

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
to me the whole "keep it moving" and "she'll come running back to you" is just the easy way out

Igetit!

Reaction score
omega05 said:
to me the whole "keep it moving" and "she'll come running back to you" is just the easy way out
Easy way out? So what are you saying? What,you want things to be difficult?

What they're saying is just to go about your business and live your life.

If she chooses to be a part of it she will,but it's her choice,her decision,which is what you should want.

I want a girl to be around me because she wants to be.

This girl is intentionally,ON PURPOSE,being difficult,cold and withholding.

She could put an end to this in a second if she so wanted.

Why you'd want to have to talk her into/convince her to stop being cold and warm up to you...I don't know.

But hey,if you want put on your winter coat,ski gloves,scarf,and whatever else just to be in the girl's presense...hey, get your hammer and chisel ready and go after that iceberg. :up:

omega05

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it's kind of like a report card where you get a couple A's and B's and then have a D. the D would get to me even though i have A's and B's. I guess that's why i'm trying to "fix" the situation

LinkinParkROX

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice analogy. You're thinking of the AFC way of "fixing" it. There is a huge risk of landing in the friendzone with this approach. I should know, I've been through this a million times before. Scroll up and read my post for the right way to fix it. Simple enough.

slaog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Desert Fox said:
I disagree. This is a pvssy woman way of doing things. It's all vague and flaky. I just be upfront and show them I don't play games, I see through all their sh1t and unless they drop it, I'm out.

He acted childish when the girl said she didn't want to go out with him. Thats not being a man.

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This girl owns you.....

Why are you wasting mental energy on a girl with low interest? You DO realize she's not that interested right??

Lastly, never....I MEAN NEVER invest emotions to a women you are not fuvkin' on a regular basis. When you get emotional before you get physical your done.

There is nothing you can do except move on. If you try and re-engage in flirting etc; she's going to have you labeled as a guy who tolerates her bullshyt..aka orbiter. She'll start to push the limits further and further until she gets your hopes up.....only to STOMP on them again.

You fuvked this situation up....shouldn't be hanging with a flakey byatch on a Friday night unless she's giving you pu$$y.

Back in the field solider.

PIMP

omega05

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
slaog said:
He acted childish when the girl said she didn't want to go out with him. Thats not being a man.
damn when u put it like that....

omega05

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
UPDATE

I saw her on the bus last week and just started talking to her like nothing happened and she talked back so i guess that situation is over. So then i helped her move some stuff to my place and the next day she called me to take her to a movie which i did (Bruno) and then hung out at her place for a lil bit ( I didnt smash). Now i feel like im back in that friendzone where i do things for her though. :nervous:

scrouds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Back into the time machine for you.

So then i helped her move some stuff to my place
Like a little man servant?

next day she called me to take her to a movie which i did (Bruno)
Like a trained monkey

and then hung out at her place for a lil bit
Without even trying to make a move!

-----------------

Personally, I would have went with her to the grocery store, escalated in the dairy asile, and back to her place with the makings for breakfast tomorrow after I seal the deal that night.

barring that, I would have at least made out at her place, let me rephrase, i would have either made out or gotten blown out, either or.

----------------

Right now, you don't fix it. You can call her and ask on a second date, and do it right this time, but I'm putting 80% she doesn't pick up the phone and 15% she LJBFs you over the phone. If you want the 5% chance, call her up and set up a second date. AND THIS TIME MAKE A FUUCKIN MOVE!