Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

muscles help but dont despire if u dont like weight lifting

pimpfromdayone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by madgame
I can't understand why you're hating on my 3 favorite artists.
I hope to God that you are being sarcastic, haha.

BobFuest

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by madgame
I can't understand why you're hating on my 3 favorite artists.
dude i hope to god that is not true either. your making us men look bad. sorry, there is no excuse. i like lil kim too but that is for her sweet black bootie. that b1tch knows how to work that ****.
So you guys talk about working out and **** and being skinny is bad but i have a thyroid disease and I burn almost everything with no effort at all. i could sit on my ass 24/7 and not gain more then a pound. Whats your answer to that? I do work out but it is hard to build muscle and not just become leaner. currently i am 5'5 and about 105-115. depends on time of day..

pimpfromdayone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, skinny dudes have trouble building muscle sometimes, due to their high metabolism, which means they have to eat like 6 meals a day just to gain an ounce of muscle. Everyone has a predetermined "optimal" weight that their body will maintain but you can change it by packing on some muscle... some skinny people have a hel-l of a time trying to gain a little fat though, at least I do. I personally could use a few pounds of that shi-t but it's not going to happen. As to the obesity problem America is facing, I just have to say that it is bad, but the people in that situation are fat because of their lifestyles, not just because of their genes.

The one thing that pis-ses me off is how much easier it is for fat people these days to get clothes than skinnier guys. I am a size men's small in all of my shirts, which is a perfectly normal size (or at least used to be), but sometimes I swear shirts in stores are available in every size BUT small, including every size up to fu-cking XXXXXXXL. No joke. There are also whole stores (Big and Tall) devoted to people who are bigger than they should be. To top the shi-t off, the sizes for diff. brands are all different from each other and there are certain brands which I believe to be "fat ass" brands, one of them being Nautica which I have yet to find a size small that is actually smaller than another brand's size large (not surprisingly that company also specializes in plus size clothing). I wear abercrombie polos a lot because they actually fit like they're supposed to. My pants are only size 30 (which isn't that small really), and while there aren't that many of them available in some stores, you should see how many fu-cking size 50+ pants there are, haha, it's ridiculous. Ok, my rant is over. I have no other problems with being able to eat a truckload of food and gaining nothing.... God has blessed me.

madgame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
my gosh isnt it obvious I was being sarcastic, because I just found it silly that he said I shouldnt mention those names again when I was just talking about the men they have in their music videos to prove my point...

I have a thyroid disease, too..only have had it for a bit over a year now though and in my case I'd have more problems losing weight than putting on weight..however Im back to normal because of the medication I receive. Isnt there anything that can be done to treat that disease? Otherwise..seriously just be happy you don't have any other disease thats worse and causes you pain everyday or even a fatal one (I hope you dont have something like that, too).

Yeah, skinny dudes have trouble building muscle sometimes, due to their high metabolism, which means they have to eat like 6 meals a day just to gain an ounce of muscle.
Not only skinny guys do that. I do it, too, actually but somehow I dont really feel like eating 3 big meals a day...Im usually hungry in between those meals, too but when I eat dont really feel like eating meals that are too big.

If you want to gain weight despite having a high metabolism, KEY is eating enough calories. That's all it takes really. Easier said thant done I know, but that's the only reason, why skinny people have a hard time packing on weight: They have higher metabolisms than normal ppl which means they burn more calories and thus they have to eat more calories to be able to build the same amount of muscle as 'average' men.
So how you gonna do that? Go for 6 or so meals a day, whereas this doesnt meant u should eat eat like its your last meal everytime u eat, but just eat stuff high in protein but ALSO food thats high in calories. I cant really explain all that to you right now but you should learn to understand which foods have which amount in calories. Nuts for example have a high caloric density as far as I know..which doesnt mean u should only eat nuts from now on ;) But theres a lot of foods thatll just allow u to eat those extra calories without eating 24/7 and more than you can eat.

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by pimpfromdayone
Yeah, skinny dudes have trouble building muscle sometimes, due to their high metabolism, which means they have to eat like 6 meals a day just to gain an ounce of muscle. Everyone has a predetermined "optimal" weight that their body will maintain but you can change it by packing on some muscle... some skinny people have a hel-l of a time trying to gain a little fat though, at least I do. I personally could use a few pounds of that shi-t but it's not going to happen. As to the obesity problem America is facing, I just have to say that it is bad, but the people in that situation are fat because of their lifestyles, not just because of their genes.

The one thing that pis-ses me off is how much easier it is for fat people these days to get clothes than skinnier guys. I am a size men's small in all of my shirts, which is a perfectly normal size (or at least used to be), but sometimes I swear shirts in stores are available in every size BUT small, including every size up to fu-cking XXXXXXXL. No joke. There are also whole stores (Big and Tall) devoted to people who are bigger than they should be. To top the shi-t off, the sizes for diff. brands are all different from each other and there are certain brands which I believe to be "fat ass" brands, one of them being Nautica which I have yet to find a size small that is actually smaller than another brand's size large (not surprisingly that company also specializes in plus size clothing). I wear abercrombie polos a lot because they actually fit like they're supposed to. My pants are only size 30 (which isn't that small really), and while there aren't that many of them available in some stores, you should see how many fu-cking size 50+ pants there are, haha, it's ridiculous. Ok, my rant is over. I have no other problems with being able to eat a truckload of food and gaining nothing.... God has blessed me.
Tell me about it...i blew away money on a 2 yr membership. The time that i actually did devote to working out correctly with more meals a day, i gained 15lbs. Then when i went back to my regular 4 meals a day, i lost that weight. I believe it's certainly possible to get big like a personal trainer, but for a person with my metabolism and bad eating habits, it would take a very long time. It certainly wouldnt hurt to have an extra 20 or 30 lbs, as clothes do fit better. But hey as long as i have my health and agility im happy.

My friend who's near obesity, he can eat 2 meals a day, and still manages to stay fat. Unfortunately without exercise, no matter how much or how little you eat...your body physique is often predetermined genetically. Metabolism plays an important role too but not as much as genetics. Although Pimpfromdayone i do agree that America's fat problem is due to bad diet. Since the majority of the fat population is in the South.

Who could believe that its possible for a scrawny guy like my dad to have high cholesterol?! Unless if it's hereditary, it's practically unheard of!
Usually you often hear of fat people getting diabetes or high cholesterol

I have a strange theory that as people age, their metabolism decreases. Yet this is disproven with my dad. My bro on the other hand is 25lbs heavier than me and 4 yrs older, perhaps he picked up some bad eating habits in Delaware...

Anyway metabolism is strange as fvck. I got a friend who's skinny as hell, yet his bro is a fvckin hog.

just my 2c.

pimpfromdayone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Usually your metabolism decreases with your age so you're right..... but only to a certain point (men get that mid-life gut that bulges out over their belts). Putting on muscle is many mens' way of trying to keep their metabolism high throughout life I think.

As far as eating goes, I admit I can't complain too much since I don't rigorously follow the 6 meal a day plan, but dam-n, I sometimes don't even get the regular 3 a day. I usually don't have much for breakfast, but I load up like a motherfu-cker on the lunch and dinner meals. Ah well, who cares.....

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I usually don't have much for breakfast, but I load up like a motherfu-cker on the lunch and dinner meals. Ah well, who cares.....
it's perfectly normal. That's why fat people who attempt to miss out on meals dont lose weight. Because if you do miss out on meals, and when you end up eating, you eat A LOT to compensate your appetite.

I bet my hair is eating all my nutrients (proteins anyway). Fvckin dark, thick and bushy as hell, grows like a chia pet.

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Usually your metabolism decreases with your age so you're right..... but only to a certain point (men get that mid-life gut that bulges out over their belts). Putting on muscle is many mens' way of trying to keep their metabolism high throughout life I think.

As far as eating goes, I admit I can't complain too much since I don't rigorously follow the 6 meal a day plan, but dam-n, I sometimes don't even get the regular 3 a day. I usually don't have much for breakfast, but I load up like a motherfu-cker on the lunch and dinner meals. Ah well, who cares.....
3 meals a day is fine if you're not working out. But breakfast is key to it all. If you don't eat breakfast, you are sabotaging your body.

When you wake up, your body is hungry for nutrients and micro-nutrients because it hasn't eaten in 8+ hrs. When you don't eat breakfast, your body assumes that there is no food coming its way, and adjusts itself by lowering your metabolism (protecting the stores of your fat for later energy use until more food can be found). Eating less food only lowers your metabolism and makes it take longer to lose fat.

The best thing you can do is have a GIANT breakfast, normal lunch, and small dinner. Eat a big breakfast, and then exercise sometime later, and your metabolism will be high for the rest of the day.

As for dinner, stay away from starchy carbs in the evening. That means anything with bread, oats, you don't eat. These are slow carbs, meaning they stay in your system for a long while for future energy. If you eat these, and go to bed, your body doesn't use them for energy (since you're sleeping) and just stores them as fat.

In the evening, the only carbs you eat should come from vegetables.

You should be eating lots of protein throught the day, even if you're not working out. That includes chicken, eggs, tuna, steak, cottage cheese, milk, etc.

Also, have 3-4 cups of green tea during the day and before bedtime. There have been studies that have shown that drinking green tea during your day can cause you to burn 80-100 more calories then you would if you didn't drink it. It's a very natural metabolism booster.

pimpfromdayone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I never have been a big fan of breakfast, mainly because none of the traditional breakfast foods appeal to me. I think 90% of those overweight could get themselves down to average size if only they didn't eat all that greasy breakfast shi-t (eggs, bacon, sausage, butter biscuits, and those high carb. bread items they just love). I know some people are more hungry than others, but I don't care. My step-brother was like 350 lbs or so and while it may not have been healthy, he STARVED that weight off of himself. Yes, his metabolism probably dropped bigtime, but if you don't eat anything, fu-ck whatever your metabolism does, your body is going to dig deep into the fat reserves until there is no more left. I think at the same time he started a diet close to vegetarianism so he did get the nutrients needed, but the point is, with enough willpower, anyone can gain or lose weight. Because there are NO health risks to being naturally skinny (as opposed to being overweight), gaining weight serves only aesthetic purposes.

Btw, even though I basically skip breakfast, I snack up until like 1:00 AM a lot of days, so I suppose I have my own kinda schedule. Eating BEFORE bed is supposedly the worst time to eat for people trying to lose weight because metabolism is lower during sleep I think. Doesn't mean anything to me of course.

AcknowledgeDaRep

Don Juan
Reaction score
Also, have 3-4 cups of green tea during the day and before bedtime. There have been studies that have shown that drinking green tea during your day can cause you to burn 80-100 more calories then you would if you didn't drink it. It's a very natural metabolism booster.

Green tea or better still Green Tea extract has many nutritional benefits, but I wouldn't suggest having if before bed because it is loaded with caffeine.

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by AcknowledgeDaRep
Green tea or better still Green Tea extract has many nutritional benefits, but I wouldn't suggest having if before bed because it is loaded with caffeine.
any kind of Tea or OJ is good for breakfast, especially if you're the type that eats those eggs/bacons/sausage. It helps to dilute the fat.

Aside from being skinny/fat/built

Having strong bones is always important, so get enough dairy products guys! Wouldnt want to break any bones by falling would you?

pimpfromdayone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance, but by "green tea" are you all talking about that oriental type stuff or the regular sweet tea us normal people drink? I am assuming you don't mean the regular kind of tea....

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance, but by "green tea" are you all talking about that oriental type stuff or the regular sweet tea us normal people drink? I am assuming you don't mean the regular kind of tea....
Japanese Green Tea, tea leaves + hot water.

Aaron B

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've gone from 170 to 200 in the year since this thread started.

Actually I'm down to 192 because my waist was too big at 200.

Nearly every girl I work with has asked me "Have you been working out?"

If I forget to roll up my sleeves (I'm a server), this one girl does it for me so she can see my arms.

I'm still a little too thick around the middle, so I can't wait to see the reactions when I trim up some more.

I've been way too skinny (140 lbs), I've been too fat (40+ inch waist), and now I've got some size and I'm in shape for the first time in my life. This is the happiest I've ever been with my body, that's for sure.

BluEyes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn skinny guys...allowed to eat whatever and whenever they want...

:cuss:

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aaron B said:
. I eat every 3 hours whether I'm hungry or not.
I noticed that the longer i've been lifting the hungrier i am. I'm hungry in 3 hours all the time. Even the week off i took during christmas/new year's day i was hungry every 3 hours anyway. My body is used to eating that often and questions me right about when i should eat again.