Multiple personalities

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I was at brunch yesterday with a good female friend and a friend of hers. The friend is the one who awhile back all of a sudden "got a personality". Deep Dish met her at the martinifest, and I wish I would have been able to introduce her to Rollo cause she's an interesting specimen.

Anyway, this is the chick who the first few times I was around her acted like she had a stick up her ass. I really didn't care for her. She seemed stuck up.

Then at martinifest she started acting like a different person. Then the next time I saw her she was being super flirty and fun. So I'm kind of warming up to this chick.

Then yesterday we were having brunch, which was quite a treat on a rare day off. It was me and the two chicks, and some dude comes up to the table. I guess he was supposed to be meeting the friend there, they had been out a few times before, blah, blah. Seemed like a really cool guy, I was kinda in and out of the convo, if I picked up on something I would chime in from time to time, and I hear her say something about there being "multiple facets to her personality", so I jokingly said "What? You said you have multiple personalities?".

It didn't bring down the house joke wise, but everyone laughed.

Then we are getting ready to leave, and I started another sentence with "What, you said...." again, and she cuts me off and points her finger at me and says half jokingly (actually a little more on the serious side), "And by the way, don't ever put words in my mouth again when I'm around a new guy!"

I was like, "uh, that was funny" to which she really had no comment.

Then I thought about what had just happened. This chick POINTED at me and gave me a "command" of sorts. I started to get pissed. I wanted to get up and leave, but we had to wait for our change. I just shut up, looked the other way, and didn't say a word, meanwhile trying as hard as I could to not LOOK pissed.

Right before we left she asked me a question, so I'm sure she wasn't THAT upset about what I said. We left, I gave her a half assed hug goodbye, and I went home instead of joining them at another restaurant bar.

Thinking back on it, I think I should have thrown a $20 on the table and excused myself right then and there and just left. I dunno, it's not a big deal i guess. I really doubt that I'm going to be able to act the same way around her from now on....I won't be able to get that out of my head. I have no desire to associate with people like that. She also made a couple of other comments earlier that didn't sit well with me, so it wasn't ONLY the finger pointing that riled me up.

I talked to my biz partner about it who happens to know her as well, and he didn't think the comment was inappropriate, and he said she was definitely out of line.

But he also brought up the fact she might have been sensitive to that. Maybe she DOES have multiple personalities???? I seriously doubt it, but I could understand her reaction if that were the case.

Anyway, just remembered it and thought i would bring it up

Metro3pilot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
she tried to punk you ....

I would have laughed, then busted her chops a little more.

do let em get you down ......

Gerard-890

Banned
Reaction score
Anybody besides me on this ENTIRE discussion forum don't see a correlation in Str8up's internal beliefs and his field reports?

He thinks all women are evil and horrible, then everytime he's been going out lately, what has he gotten?

To be very honest with you, I really don't think the girl was SERIOUS and was just continuing the "joke."

I mean, insecure people take everything personal.

Str8up it's obvious though that you dont' want to hear what I'm saying and maybe there's a lot of others that feel like you do, I think I might just be conversating with the wrong group of people.

I'm going to leave you alone now and hopefully you will take some time and read some of my replies to you in the last thread when you aren't busy, I wasn't trying to put you down. I remember this Str8up right here :http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22304&highlight=str8up+wealth

That is rock solid gold, that is Str8up, Str8up is a winner, and Str8up is NOT who he is portraying right now.

I KNOW that you will pull out, I will be cheering for you. :up:

Gerard-890

Banned
Reaction score
And Str8up before I leave you alone, could you make more kick - a s s Wealth threads like that?

I mean, maybe the others are "afraid" to say it, but I want to see that old Str8up comeback because I enjoyed that thread.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's no biggie.

You have to make the clear distinction between disrespect and being overly sensitive.

Unless she scolded at you in a demeaning way pointing her finger, it was nothing.

Metro3pilot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Gerard,

Some of us have spent our whole lives, going for the quick lay, chasing trash, not wanting the relationship and after awhile it becomes normal, almost comfortable going after the psycho who is a freak in bed.

He thinks all women are evil and horrible, then everytime he's been going out lately, what has he gotten?
Just like every other addict, you have to hit bottom before you can go back up.

maybe talking about it is the way he comes to grips with his reality .. he obviously is not happy with his selection as of late ... let the man vent and when he's ready to hit it again ..he'll be back

:rockon:

lookyoung

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP:down: :down: :down: :down: :down:

You have close to 5000 posts on this forum and all your problems are elementary highschool problems. You just post way too many threads on this forum of what could have been or should have been or why the girl did this or that?

To me you seem like a guy who has not tapped any azz in a long time. Like Rollo says if your not fvcking them than your there GF. It appears lots of woman see you as there Girlfriend. I think that deep inside you are attracted to these woman and like them and they see you as nothing more than a friend. And than you get pissed off when they hurt your feelings and don't feel the same way.

STR8UP- Your a senior member here and are 36 years old. I thought I would never say this but get out there and bang a few fatties. Get your confidence up. Right now you have alot of negative energy. I can't imagine a
girl who would want to fvck a guy with your attitude right now.

Its obvious you need to get back to the basics. Scroll down to DJ Bible. Read it and get laid and than the way you see things will be different.

I really don't mean to be an azzhole. But I have to be honest with you. Your bringing down the forum with your negativity and I am sick of it.

Metro3pilot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
lookyoung said:
I really don't mean to be an azzhole. But I have to be honest with you. Your bringing down the forum with your negativity and I am sick of it.
Then don't be Lookyoung ...

I don't have time to read every post and I'm not bored enough to do that anyway .... a simple solution for you would be simply to not read STR8's Posts

Peace out

:woo:

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah don't read Str8up's posts if you don't like the direction you perceive them to be going in.

I don't think he's dragging down the forum at all I think he just wants some good talk about female psychology and people keep side tracking his threads by telling him some sh!t like get laid, go on a vacation or whatever.

He heard you the first time you don't need to repeat yourselves.

I'm of the opinion the brother is mature enough to know what he needs, he doesn't need you guys baby sitting him or bringing him down, its bad enough backbreaker was run off the forum, it certainly doesn't need to lose Str8up for good as well.

So yeah if you're not going to comment about what his topic is about and want to side track it with bullsh!t please turn around and go into another thread.

I'm sure he's heard enough of it already.

lookyoung

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KontrollerX said:
So yeah if you're not going to comment about what his topic is about and want to side track it with bullsh!t
STR8UP has gotten more solid advice than anyone on this forum. Yet he still comes back with the same problems. Do you think if STR8UP was getting laid he would be posting this negative stuff.

The answer is absolutely not. Some people don't want to hear the truth. They rather have people Bs them and feed there egos. I am not one of those people. I don't sugar coat things. I call things like I see them. Your free to ingore my posts as is anyone else who does not agree with what I have to say.

That being said I think STr8up is a good guy and I wish nothing but the best for him. and I truly apologize if i come across as being a heartless prick.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey sorry lookyoung my post wasn't so much as intended for you specifically as all the posters that seem to be getting on Str8up's back lately when to me it seems that he uses this place to let off steam thats bothering him and to have a good discussion.

Lots of posters seem to view his recent posts as signs of a mental breakdown but I just don't see that.

So the harshness of my last post is because I just don't want to see this great poster run off for good like backbreaker was.

I think you and tons of the guys that have been on Str8up's back recently are good contributors to the community but yeah my message is the way it was because again I don't want to see him run off for good and I do think the guy is mature enough to know when its time to do this that or the other thing to do good for his life.

As for the whole negativity and not getting laid thing there's a bunch of posters here who know Str8up in real life and vouch for his pimp status and he has repeatedly said getting chicks into bed ie sex as in the lack thereof is not the issue or reason for his current posts.

Gerard-890

Banned
Reaction score
Kontroller, it's not about letting off STEAM, it's about GROWTH.

For example, if I came up here and posted what Str8up posts everyday I would be all of the following:

1.) A loser
2.) A pyscho
3.) A weirdo
4.) A woman
5.) A AFC
6.) List goes on and on

I would probably be BANNED. I would be called a troll, I would be catergorized as a waste of sperm.

I had a friend get charged with FALSE RAPE CHARGES and I ACTUALLY HAD AN ISSUE, I came on this forum to GET ADVICE (real advice with a real f u c k ing problem) and I got told I was "a weirdo."

But this guy can sit up here and post this bull crap and you pat him on his
a s s????

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am going swim against the tide on this one.
If a woman "acquaintance" pointed a finger at my face and said what she said in a social setting I would be mighty offended. I cannot see how STR8 said anything which called for her harsh response. She sounds like a snotty, uppity baitch to me.

I would have said nothing after her rant and just stared her down while slowly shaking my head in stern disapproval.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, c'mon now....get off my nuts already.....

If I would have posted this a month ago I would have gotten CONSTRUCTIVE replies. Not that this was necessarily the thread of the century, but I thought it was interesting how this chick went from cold to hot to b!tch.

And it's all about CONTEXT. People here read my posts and ASSUME things about me that are not correct.

If this chick did this in a JOKING manner, APPROPRIATELY, I would have had no issue. But the tone of her voice and the way she POINTED at me.....it was RUDE and condescending.

If you notice I said it was no big deal. I don't freakin hate women! Jeezus.....I come here and VENT a few things but I still get along with a function perfectly well amongst females in real life.

And I don't want to hear any more of the "wrong group of people" crap. The other girl would NEVER have done anything like that. Her friend is just kinda strange. Like she might be a little awkward around people or something.

If you aren't fukking her you are her girlfriend
I've stated my opinion on this before.

This is EXCELLENT advice for newbies, but for someone who knows better than to get involved in LJBF or any other kind of a lose-win type of situation with a female it does not apply. I don't sit around with a bunch of women listening to them gossip hoping for a scrap. I go out and do things with them and they KNOW I'm a man and not some chump who is just there hoping to score. They introduce me to their friends and sometimes I get hooked up this way. It may not work for everyone, but it works for me.

You know, I was going to let the other thread die and cut out of here for awhile, then I started feeling a little better and thought I might be able to hang out a bit, but it looks like I'm gonna have to get out of here for awhile cause whatever I write is gonna be taken the wrong way, and I can understand why so no big deal.

DavenJuan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everyones opinions are greatly appreciated, but when they start to dwindle the original premise of the thread, then i think we should rethink are motives.

back to the OP. if you really THINK about this, we should all agree that this women was out of line for a couple reasons. joking or not

1. she POINTED her finger in his face. if this was done to a women how disrespectful would this be?

2. she did not ASK or IMPLY. she DEMANDED that he do not ever do something in a particular situation. i dont beleive anyone should be spoken to like that

3. she cut him off.

regardless if she was joking or serious i think is completely irrelevant. she called him out, and she did it in a way to were obviously it was questionable on her intentions.

NOW. the one thing i will say is you may have handled it wrong. she called you out and demanded you do this and you empowred her by accepting this behavior and "explaining" yourself as if you needed to.

i would have asked if she was serious and depending on her response explained to her to get a sense of humor mixed into those multiple personalities

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
I talked to my biz partner about it who happens to know her as well, and he didn't think the comment was inappropriate, and he said she was definitely out of line.
it was inappropriate. or at the very least it ran the risk of being inappropriate.

you basically poked her in the ribs for no reason. you shot her down and joked about her being 'crazy' in front of everyone.

do you not see how your negative attitude towards women is affecting your behavior?

now the reason you got the finger in your face is that she thinks you are just some childish man who likes to knock women down a peg.

you are sending out bad vibes my man. at the very least if you were sending out alpha male vibes she wouldn't have waved her finger at you. but she's seeing you as an 'immature' man and as such is treating you like a child.

i know it was just a joke, and it was a witty play on the words she was using, but making a joke about someones mental state, weight or intelligence are generally 'no nos' unless you know them very well and know they won't be offended.

you would not have made that kind of joke around an alpha male cuz you'd be too afraid he'd come back and make you pay for it. but with women you are quick to toss out the barbs.

there is absolutely no question that your joke fostered a confrontational dynamic between you and this woman.

it just was not a considerate or 'smart' thing to say - even if it was 'funny'.

Mr. Me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think I should have thrown a $20 on the table and excused myself right then and there and just left.
Nah, that would've looked like a hissy fit. But if you were to calmly leave, I think it's appropriate action to get out of bad situations by exiting. Never let them see they got to you.

This woman is rude and controlling. You didn't "put words in her mouth". You made a joke, and other people understood it was a joke, as they laughed in response to it. This woman is rigid. And rude. You're right. Don't associate with people like that.

I talked to my biz partner about it who happens to know her
Never discuss these things with mutual friends. It will get back to her.

But he also brought up the fact she might have been sensitive to that.[p/quote]

We can speculate forever. It's because her daddy didn't give her the barbie doll she wanted when she was 6. Whatever. We don't care, it's not our problem. It's hers. Our "problem" is about not being subjected to her crap.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr. Me said:
This woman is rude and controlling. You didn't "put words in her mouth". You made a joke, and other people understood it was a joke, as they laughed in response to it. This woman is rigid. And rude. You're right. Don't associate with people like that.

if she's rigid and rude then he shoudl have known better than to make a crack about her mental state in front of everyone.

look, he got the whole group to laugh at her potentially being 'crazy' - not smart.

i've seen this happen MANY times (although to be honest, most of the occurences were from 20-25) and i've never seen a woman react positively to a crack on her mental health, weight or intelligence (especially if it causes the group to laugh at her).

right or wrong, thats how it.

DavenJuan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
it was inappropriate. or at the very least it ran the risk of being inappropriate.

you basically poked her in the ribs for no reason. you shot her down and joked about her being 'crazy' in front of everyone.

do you not see how your negative attitude towards women is affecting your behavior?

now the reason you got the finger in your face is that she thinks you are just some childish man who likes to knock women down a peg.

you are sending out bad vibes my man. at the very least if you were sending out alpha male vibes she wouldn't have waved her finger at you. but she's seeing you as an 'immature' man and as such is treating you like a child.

i know it was just a joke, and it was a witty play on the words she was using, but making a joke about someones mental state, weight or intelligence are generally 'no nos' unless you know them very well and know they won't be offended.

you would not have made that kind of joke around an alpha male cuz you'd be too afraid he'd come back and make you pay for it. but with women you are quick to toss out the barbs.

there is absolutely no question that your joke fostered a confrontational dynamic between you and this woman.

it just was not a considerate or 'smart' thing to say - even if it was 'funny'.
joe- come on bro.

i think you guys are being a bit cynical. put yourself in his shoes. she said she had a "multiple facet of personalities". and his response was .."what, you said you have mulitple personalities??"

are we all reading the same thing? by no means was this offensive or meaning any intent to cause damage to this girls ego. this was a simple play on words.

now if he attacked her personally, or made a comment about her physical make up, or personality, then we know that these are "no nos". but that was not the case here.

it sounds like you are telling him to WATCH what he says even if hes joking to appease her or any women for that matter due to the fact they may get offended.