Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

MTV Dating show

Rocko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys. I just watched a show on MTV where these parents find 2 people to date their daughters because they hate their daughter's boyfriend. It was actually REALLY funny because you could see a CLEAR example of an AFC there. The AFC date started with him bringing a bunch of flowers to a girl he had never met.

When they actually got onto the date he was making some lame jokes, but honestly looked like he felt awkward in his own skin. He was super nice to her and agreed on everything. He did not lead the conversation and was not alpha in the way he treated her. There was little to no kino involved. By the end of the date he was being pretty goofy and immature (a big no no).

By the time it came to decide between an abusive (cheated and verbal abuse) boyfriend, a guy that is OUT OF STATE (meaning he is here basically for a short period), and him; he got NEXTED FIRST, she even said "You are like a friend to me". Poor guy got LJBF on TV. Check out the episode on mtv.com if you can, or a rerun, its a perfect example of what NOT to do.

BuryYourDead

Banned
Reaction score
Rocko said:
Hey guys. I just watched a show on MTV where these parents find 2 people to date their daughters because they hate their daughter's boyfriend. It was actually REALLY funny because you could see a CLEAR example of an AFC there. The AFC date started with him bringing a bunch of flowers to a girl he had never met.

When they actually got onto the date he was making some lame jokes, but honestly looked like he felt awkward in his own skin. He was super nice to her and agreed on everything. He did not lead the conversation and was not alpha in the way he treated her. There was little to no kino involved. By the end of the date he was being pretty goofy and immature (a big no no).

By the time it came to decide between an abusive (cheated and verbal abuse) boyfriend, a guy that is OUT OF STATE (meaning he is here basically for a short period), and him; he got NEXTED FIRST, she even said "You are like a friend to me". Poor guy got LJBF on TV. Check out the episode on mtv.com if you can, or a rerun, its a perfect example of what NOT to do.
the show is all scripted DERRR its fake..

i am me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
its not scripted......and its called Parental Control if u wanna watch it again...i like watchin Next sometimes cus it can be pretty funny

BuryYourDead

Banned
Reaction score
i am me said:
its not scripted......and its called Parental Control if u wanna watch it again...i like watchin Next sometimes cus it can be pretty funny
next is also scripted

i am me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wutr u talkin about? i wouldnt be surprised if the people on the show were given a few lines, but its not scripted...howre u supposed to get random people and hav em memorize a scripted date without messin up

i am me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MetalFortress said:
How about the way you get TV actors to memorize a script? :rolleyes:
theyre not actors, theyre normal people. cant beleive so many of yall believe that its fake....its a datin show like any other dating show, are those fake too? is Made fake? maybe the people on Next get a line or 2 to say (like when they introduce themselves) but thats it

explain how u can get ugly gangsta lookin dudes to get on the show jus to be embarrassed by gettin instantly nexted. i wouldnt do that if u paid me...

i am me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
Yeah, all those dating shows on MTV are scripted. I've seen the girls on Next that are waiting on the bus start massage trains with each other on more than one occasion. Yeah f'uckin right, heh. And they all just "happen" to come up with witty lines as they get nexted or when they're getting off the bus? Of course, I don't think MTV has ever publicly admitted that their shows are scripted except maybe Laguna Beach/The Hills so only the cast and crew knows for sure as to what extent the prearrangements go.
thats when the bus if full of lesbians. lesbians are open like that

AudiTy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Rocko said:
Hey guys. I just watched a show on MTV...
lol that's funny...

I saw a similar show where 2 guys were competing for one girl.
One was like a confident, ****y yet charming guy, the other
was a 'nice-guy' who was all ass-kissy towards the girl. I
instantly knew who she was going to pick after the ass-kissy
guy said, "I have a degree in Aeronaughtical Engineering and
work for NASA!".

Oh dear, oh dear...

Well it turns out I was right, despite the logical "I am a good
provider, I am nice and will treat you well" vibe ass-kisser
was giving off, she picked the slightly outlandish, confident
and unpredictable jerk-esque guy.

I wonder what percent of men would of predicted that? Hmm, 10%?

-AudiTy =o

asdfghjkl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am me, are u kidding me, all shows on MTV are scripted, its so obvious just by watching them. Not saying i dont, cause there entertaining, but they're all fake.

But like the OP, i watch them to see the AFC's and to see what the people do right/wrong etc.

AudiTy

Don Juan
Reaction score
asdfghjkl said:
I am me, are u kidding me, all shows on MTV are scripted, its so obvious just by watching them. Not saying i dont, cause there entertaining, but they're all fake.

But like the OP, i watch them to see the AFC's and to see what the people do right/wrong etc.
They definately know which contestants to pick,
and it probably is scripted to an extent, I agree.

-AudiTy =o

pooparu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Some of them might be, but some of them are just to funny to be scripted.

A good show that I was watching though (well actually the episode), was "Why can't I be you", it was in Cali, and it was two guys that worked as sales man, one was a white guy, the laid back, cool surfer guy, and it was this other black guy who was jiterry, twitchy, looked nerdy, and talked way to much.

This guy either read SS or was a natural DJ, I mean his posture, style, speech, etc, all just shouted DJ, and he really helped that guy become alot more confident and fun and outgoing, he threw him a party, showed him out to dress, got him to # close an HB (even though that was pretty bad lmao, it was hilarious but cool to watch), and all the time was just chill as hell. Was good stuff.

AudiTy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would so love to see a match-up where a guy
who actually thinks he's the shít with women has
to compete with a seasoned DJ for an HB's
attention. But the show where the 'nice-guy'
took on the jerk-ish guy was okay, if only to
go towards settling the age old debate.

Wasn't there a PUA who went on a dating show
and won? Somebody refresh my memory here...

-AudiTy =o

asdfghjkl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
pooparu said:
Some of them might be, but some of them are just to funny to be scripted.

A good show that I was watching though (well actually the episode), was "Why can't I be you", it was in Cali, and it was two guys that worked as sales man, one was a white guy, the laid back, cool surfer guy, and it was this other black guy who was jiterry, twitchy, looked nerdy, and talked way to much.

This guy either read SS or was a natural DJ, I mean his posture, style, speech, etc, all just shouted DJ, and he really helped that guy become alot more confident and fun and outgoing, he threw him a party, showed him out to dress, got him to # close an HB (even though that was pretty bad lmao, it was hilarious but cool to watch), and all the time was just chill as hell. Was good stuff.

I saw that, and thats the reason why i do watch those shows, sometimes i can pick up things and at the very least point out things which i shouldnt do

i am me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well if its scripted or not, its still realistic enough to me...

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Simple test:

Look at the closing credits: See any "writers"?

MTV's "Real World" has writers in their credits!

Blind Date is the only reality TV I can stand. Heavily edited, but not scripted. Sometimes you can see shy people really struggle to make any conversation at all.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Theres a show on MTV called date my mum, where a guy has to go o a date with 3 diffrent mums and then choose which of their daughters he wants to date with out ever speaking or seeing the daughters.

Well one day i switch on half way through and instead of 3 daughters there are 3 sons, i think ok no big deal, they decided to switch it around so that its a girl chooseing a guy, then whilst contemplating as to why its not 'date my dad' i saw that the person choosing is also a guy.

They had a gay version of date my mum! i have also in the past seen a gay version of dismissed,. Its hilarious, but sad in a way.

One thing that i have noticed is that these days MTV has no music, just jackass and dateing shows.

Date my sister
Date my freind
Date my mum
Dismissed
Room raiders

they have now brought out a new show called Meet or Delete where you choose a date by the contents of their computer hard drive