Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Moving to Singapore

manish

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys.. I have got new job in Singapore. . Planning to move to SG in the month on august.
I,m getting 5K salaray..i kind of think its low as compared to my experience..but as I,m new to sing market I accepted it.
is 5K enough for me and my wife??

Drdeee

Banned
Reaction score
5 grand USD right?

Rent cost there as much and even more than in US. $1k for 2 bedroom. But ghetto is ghetto, no matter if it's ghetto in USA, Singapore, or Russia. I can tell you a thing or two about ghetto living. In center and closer to center prices are always higher. Prices also higher in summer, so called season. You want to look for rent away from the city center, pick a bus and go to its end stop, that sort of away. There you could rent a room in a nicely build mansion and pay less.

Chances of you coming from India to Singapore and renting a place for a good price right off the bat are very slim. You'd need a friend there. Have you tried social networking sites?

Find out how they rent there, and where. You want bare minimum, a nice sized room at the end of the city. Because 5k is not real money in places like Singapore and Moscow.

If you go mainstream real estate agents, expect to pay $1500 for a place, and then $800 for food.

One more thing, don't ride a scooter or bike, either ride bus, or buy a car.

Konada

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rent for a apartment (HDB) is around 2k SGD if I am not wrong. Condos are 3k/mth. I live here so I've heard my parents talking about leasing rents to tenants.

Konada

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drdeee said:
5 grand USD right?

Rent cost there as much and even more than in US. $1k for 2 bedroom. But ghetto is ghetto, no matter if it's ghetto in USA, Singapore, or Russia. I can tell you a thing or two about ghetto living. In center and closer to center prices are always higher. Prices also higher in summer, so called season. You want to look for rent away from the city center, pick a bus and go to its end stop, that sort of away. There you could rent a room in a nicely build mansion and pay less.

Chances of you coming from India to Singapore and renting a place for a good price right off the bat are very slim. You'd need a friend there. Have you tried social networking sites?

Find out how they rent there, and where. You want bare minimum, a nice sized room at the end of the city. Because 5k is not real money in places like Singapore and Moscow.

If you go mainstream real estate agents, expect to pay $1500 for a place, and then $800 for food.

One more thing, don't ride a scooter or bike, either ride bus, or buy a car.
And take public transport. The cost to own a car here is astronomical. A mere COE (Certificate of Entitlement: More absurd income for the govt) is around 70k for a car, couple that with a car cost of 50-100k for a car you've just bought a car that costs over a hundred grand. Sometimes I wonder how can I afford my own car in the future.

manish

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Konada said:
Rent for a apartment (HDB) is around 2k SGD if I am not wrong. Condos are 3k/mth. I live here so I've heard my parents talking about leasing rents to tenants.
hey..thanks..

i,m getting 5K SGD.

i have talked to my employer..they told me around 1.5 to 2 k is for renting.

1.5 to 2 k for food and other expenses..i,m left with 1 k.

if my wife gets job there..then we could save a lot..she has done MBA ..fresher..

lets hope for the best.

is singapore safe place. which area i should not visit?

Konada

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol frankly speaking everywhere in SG is safe. Avoid areas with gangs if you may cause there's always bound to be trouble, then again vey few of suh things happen. Life tends to get stressful around here and majority of the public, especially during peak hours in public transport are rude and stuck-up. Thats my POV after being here for 18 years.

Just curious which part of SG are you gonna live in?

Konada

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CoolBlue said:
People gonna hate you....too many foreigners in SG.
Well it's not his fault he got a job here. It's the government's fault for allowing the situation to get out of hand.

manish

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Konada said:
Lol frankly speaking everywhere in SG is safe. Avoid areas with gangs if you may cause there's always bound to be trouble, then again vey few of suh things happen. Life tends to get stressful around here and majority of the public, especially during peak hours in public transport are rude and stuck-up. Thats my POV after being here for 18 years.

Just curious which part of SG are you gonna live in?

aha..good to know that its safe..

employer is going to give me 2 weeks of accommodation in hotel...

what i know now is my work location..its Pasir Panjang Road.

so i guess i will renting a HDB near by..

are u aware of this area..

Konada

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep. There's a hawker centre nearby that sells pretty good food. There's a stall selling chicken wings and one more selling BBQ seafood, both are equally kickazz in quality. Worth to check it out.

manish

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Konada said:
Yep. There's a hawker centre nearby that sells pretty good food. There's a stall selling chicken wings and one more selling BBQ seafood, both are equally kickazz in quality. Worth to check it out.
thanks konda...

what abt the gym? whats your gym fees?

whats your cost of living per month?

i,m kind of nature guy..like river..mountains...:)..where will i get to see them...

Konada

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are public gyms available around the city, 2.50 per entry for adults. The name of the gyms is CLUBFITT, look for your nearest sports complex. I currently live with my parents so I can't say much about actual cost of living here.

Google for parks in Singapore, plenty of them.