Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

moving to boston.

insanity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i am finally getting a chance to go to america(it's about dam time). man...i got a fantastic wife. she said " i know your dream is staring you in the face and you waited for me to finish school all these years....it's your turn to do what you always wanted to do, go for it." so i told her if i don't progress in 6 months and nothing is happening then i will give up and settle for the academic lifestyle and succeed at school and work like everyone else.

i have never been to boston and i have no plan whatsoever but i have been looking up roomates on websites and there seems like theres some good people to move in with.

i know boston is expensive and i am more of the blue collar type because academics never had anything to do with rocknroll. but i have saved up some money and i was wondering where is a decent spot to move?

even if it's in the slums then hey....you have to start somewhere. but i wouldn't mind hearing where a college or university student lived because most of them have little money and would be in the same boat as me. i have gone to major cities in canada and most times i looked for where most of college students or university students lived and most times it was half decent and safe. most times i would take risks but i now have a little boy so i would like to visit him in one piece.

so anybody from boston have advice?

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
Hey man, I went to graduate school up there and lived in Boston for one year. It is a great city that is clean, good food, historic and has tons of young people. I lived on campus so I really cannot give you advice on renting, although it is expensive. Stay away from neighborhoods like Roxbury and Dorchester. If you are caucasian, they will not want you there. You may want to also avoid areas like Allston and Brighton. This area is full of college kids who party all of the time (lots of noise)

Neighborhoods like Back Bay and Beacon Hill might be a little too expensive, but you may want to look into the Northend (Little Italy section) and Jamaica PLain (a little cheaper, but sort of safe).

Don't worry about being a foreigner in Boston, since 1 in 4 Bostonians are foreign born. ALot of the suburbs are mixed as well (e.g. Brookline has tons of Russians who are Jewish).

You picked a good city, it is better than NYC.

insanity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nyc is way to big right now. first i have to recruit some of the best from berkley then i will be ready for nyc. i love the patriots but the bruins stink....i'm a ranger fan myself but i would sit pretty watching ny play boston.