Movies DonJuan-worthy

RagingBalls

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Any suggestions on movies, films worth watching that isn't about AFC's but glorifies the true essence of a DJ. Thanks

Starfvcks 64

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
American Psycho.
Like the title implies, it's about a psyho/sociopath with narcissistic tendencies who does all he can to look the best and be the best. I love the movie, and the book is even better.

Fight Club.
obvious choice.

the first two seasons of the tv show Dexter is a good choice in my opinion.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not a lot of movies are, in and of themselves, worthy of study, but plenty of characters (at least in certain situations) are worthy of study.

Take Tom Cruise's character in the recent Jack Reacher movie. While not about picking up girls, it's a great study in frame control. He controls pretty much every conversation he's in, regardless of what happens.

Or a few choice scenes of Jimmy The Saint in "Things To Do In Denver When You're Dead," when he first picks up and seduces his girl.

There was a GREAT scene in "The Departed" when Matt Damon's character was busting on his police appointed therapist during their first date.

Then there's the absolute classic from Star Wars:

Lea: I love you

Han: I know

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Believe it or not Ace Ventura, the first movie. He was himself, didn't give a damn and bang a chick he just met.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fatal Jay said:
Believe it or not Ace Ventura, the first movie. He was himself, didn't give a damn and bang a chick he just met.
That's actually a pretty common behavior trait of guys who get laid a lot. Not the imaginary "alphas" in the movies, (who are actually written by beta screenwriters with zero clue), but guys who just HAVE FUN wherever they are and whomever they're with, WITHOUT worrying what others think.

dasein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Every man should be strapped down and made to watch "Vertigo" ten times in succession upon entering puberty, not as a guide but as a cautionary tale.

Brighty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
While I'm trying to find one in my head, I think it is worth noting that I went into Don Jon with decent expectations but wow, that movie totally fell apart for me, I wouldn't recommend that at all.

I always remember the beginning/first half of the movie Wanted being pretty fvcking empowering. Movie kind of loses steam from there, but its worth watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK0-76FChfk

For context, his best friend is fvcking is girlfriend and he's at a dead end job and is too beta to do anything about it until he realizes what he really is.

Last edited:

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Office Space: Rebellion against routine.

Cool Hand Luke: Defiance of authority.

Groundhog Day: Self-improvement trumps hollow arrogance.

In The Company Of Men: Eye-opener about the nature of women, masculinity, and AFCs.

American Beauty: Henpecked husband and father finds his balls.

Swingers: Disney-myths deconstructed.

For whatever reason, a lot of good DJ films came out in 1999: American Beauty, The Matrix, Office Space, and Fight Club.

Peaks&Valleys

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Last American Virgin

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Peaks&Valleys said:
The Last American Virgin

Lol what? It's a good movie but the dude in the movie was a beta. His best bud banged the girl he always wanted, his best bud got her pregnant, the main star helped her get an abortion, and then the chick went right back to the main star best friend.

Samspade I agree with American beauty the husband kelvin spade went from beta to alpha, hate what happened to him at the end.

Peaks&Valleys

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fatal Jay said:
Lol what? It's a good movie but the dude in the movie was a beta. His best bud banged the girl he always wanted, his best bud got her pregnant, the main star helped her get an abortion, and then the chick went right back to the main star best friend.
Exactly...