Movie for all the SHY GUYS

vectorz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Adaptation - starring Nicholas Cage.

Watching this movie was like watching myself in a mirror. I won't ruin it for you guys but just watch the ENTIRE movie. I know it's boring but the ending is worth it and you'll be able to relate.

BuddhaSMASH

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to disagree. The ULTIMATE shy guy movie is definetely "Fight Club". Tyler Durden is a role model for all men (minus the whole psychotic, controlled demolitions thing).

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No you idiot, you totally missed the message behind Fight Club. I remember your suicide fiasco a few months ago, and with your comment it's telling of your unstable emotional state. You're the kinda dude that starts mass shootings and shiet like that. :rolleyes:

The main message behind Fight Club is that men should drop the new-agey crap that society have fed us since birth. To stop being wuss-bags, to stand our ground, to take what is ours. THAT is the DJ element, NOT Tyler Durden. Tyler, while a highly entertaining character, is simply an example of a psycho, an example of the DJ principles pushed to the extreme and abused to death. He is not a DJ, he is a jerk that spirals out of control. Tyler Durden combined with "Jacks'" (Ed Norton's character) ultra-wussiness is what produces a true DJ -- a perfect balance.

Maybe you should watch the movie again.

vdk

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I thought Tyler looked like a jerk from the way he dressed, however, poccessed the awareness and intelligence of a nice guy.

Charisma

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's 'jerkish' about the way he dresses ? Except for the red pimp vest ? .. :) He just looks like a life tourist with them funky shirts

BuddhaSMASH

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok Jake, here's the deal. I didn't completely miss the whole Fight Club point. Tyler Durden wasn't just a raving psychotic. He is, deep down inside, what every american male wants to be, like it or not. HE was the one sending the message to "drop all that new-agey crap" and "stop being wuss bags". Tyler Durden was the character that represented that whole philosophy in the first place. And when I referred to him being a role model for all men, I meant before he spiraled out of control and started project mayhem. Things like the fight club, giving up all the flaming earthly possessions, and not needing women to complete him is what makes tyler durden a role model. I think your missing my point bro.

QUOTE]
(minus the whole psychotic, controlled demolitions thing).

that is the key

vectorz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You know, Fight Club had nothing to do w/ this topic. I never said "ADAPTATION is THE movie for all shy guys". That's one thing that people from this board are good at --- MISINTERPRETING perfectly structured sentences.

Donjuanpablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fightclubs is a good movie, but I can't really see what it has to do for the shy guys. But still a good movie, good stuff vectorz.

DirkPitt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
adaptatoin is hilarous. i love that movie.