Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

MOVE OUT FROM HOME CHALLENGE - March 2010

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm doing it anyways, but maybe I can in some way inspire others to do the same.

Rules:

1) You have until March 2010 to move out from your parent(s) house.

2) You cannot receive monetary help from them when you move out.

3) Doesn't matter where or with who you move into, as long as you move out.

4) You may have roomates to help you pay expenses, or any similar situation, but, this is a reminder of rule 2.

If you have any to add please do.
We have enough time to plan and go on with this.

Cons of moving out maybe come down to "you can do the same things and more if you stay at home and plan more firmly your future". But, chances are, the comfort won't make you move. If you have the drive that it takes, then moving out won't limit you.

justinsane

Don Juan
Reaction score
SamePendo said:
I'm doing it anyways, but maybe I can in some way inspire others to do the same.

Rules:

1) You have until March 2010 to move out from your parent(s) house.

2) You cannot receive monetary help from them when you move out.

3) Doesn't matter where or with who you move into, as long as you move out.

4) You may have roomates to help you pay expenses, or any similar situation, but, this is a reminder of rule 2.

If you have any to add please do.
We have enough time to plan and go on with this.

Cons of moving out maybe come down to "you can do the same things and more if you stay at home and plan more firmly your future". But, chances are, the comfort won't make you move. If you have the drive that it takes, then moving out won't limit you.
Dude, no offense but with the way the economy is going right now, moving back home seems like a great idea. Housing market is fvcked as well as the stock market. We don't even know that the job market will rebound anytime after 2011 or beyond (Maybe 2013). I hate to say this but I've lived at home for a long time and I've finally learned to save and not spend like an idiot. I just turned 29 so I've got no time left to act like a kid anymore. :nervous:

Here's my suggestion: Play the lotto. If I was to waste all the minimum wage, I should have bought lotto tickets and finally hit it big during my wasted 20's. Oh well, guess I'll do it through my thrifty 30's

CaptainJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
justinsane said:
Dude, no offense but with the way the economy is going right now, moving back home seems like a great idea. Housing market is fvcked as well as the stock market. We don't even know that the job market will rebound anytime after 2011 or beyond (Maybe 2013). I hate to say this but I've lived at home for a long time and I've finally learned to save and not spend like an idiot. I just turned 29 so I've got no time left to act like a kid anymore. :nervous:

Here's my suggestion: Play the lotto. If I was to waste all the minimum wage, I should have bought lotto tickets and finally hit it big during my wasted 20's. Oh well, guess I'll do it through my thrifty 30's
Wow, you are pathetic.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
gl man, i'm working on the same goal. All my interviews are coming to a close and i've decline a few offers already, hopefully it all works out for the both of us.

justinsane

Don Juan
Reaction score
CaptainJ said:
Wow, you are pathetic.

Gee, thanks for the feedback. :rolleyes: Although this is a great place to get great criticism and support from fellow don juan's around the world. Besides, my situations isn't that pathetic but yes it has to get better. :whistle:

justinsane

Don Juan
Reaction score
fuzzx said:
I live at home 6 to 8 months out of the year, there's nothing wrong with it. Mexicans (Most anyway) live at home their whole life... infact its quite common for several generations to live in one house.

I'm always asked about North Americans moving out at 18 and why the hell they would do such a thing...

Anyway, living at home is great... its allowed me to get my pilot's license and turn 3 of my hobbies into businesses. When I have kids I'll buy a house (with cash) but until then, I'll enjoy my free ride.
Now see. That's wut I'm talking about. Some people plan better than others. I wish I did that instead of goofing around and I never cared until now. You can go out in the world and say "I came, I saw and I kicked some ass." or something like that.

When I mention the lotto I was thinking this way that if your gonna throw away your money at least throw it at that while living at home. That way you never know until it finally it falls on your hands.

dude04

Don Juan
Reaction score
damn. you should of made this thread 6 months ago. my parents force me to buy a house and now they live with me. can i move out of my own (parents') house?

by the way, i'm asian wanting to live the american way but stuck in the traditional asian way.

ready123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's the point of this exercise?

justinsane

Don Juan
Reaction score
ready123 said:
What's the point of this exercise?
To move out from home around march 2010 in Mexico. That's wut I gathered.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I understand the whole concept of being independent and being your own man. The only problem I have with this is that a lot of guys want to be on their own to improve their chances with women and ignoring what should be the most important factor (if it makes financial sense at that point in their lives).

Do you put your success with women before your own success? what i mean is that the economy is in the gutter, there are no jobs, rent is high. Do you put yourself in financial risk to be on your own or do you stay where you are at now so you can save some money/finish schooling and then make your move?

According to experts you need at least 3 or more months of rent money in savings in order to safely move out in case you get fired from a job or there is an emergency. Most guys out there got no savings. It's even tougher when you got a crappy job.

It's a great thing to move out but it should be done right and not out of desperation or in hopes it is going to help you out with women. If a woman turns you down because you live with your parent she can go f herself she wasn't good for you anyway.

1. Get savings. Don't move out untill you have 3 to 6 months for rent in savings.
2. Don't move out if you don't have a car
3. If you live in a city that is expensive you need to move the f___ out to somewhere where you can make it or resign yourself to sharing an apartment with a bunch of stinkin people. Get a new life for yourself there are lots of cities where a guy doesn't have to rent a place with 4 other people. Get out of California, Get out of New York and settle somewhere cheaper.
dude04 said:
damn. you should of made this thread 6 months ago. my parents force me to buy a house and now they live with me. can i move out of my own (parents') house?

by the way, i'm asian wanting to live the american way but stuck in the traditional asian way.
did you take advantage of the 8k govt program?

dude04

Don Juan
Reaction score
f283000 said:
did you take advantage of the 8k govt program?

yup. was hoping to buy a car with that but i got into an accident 3 weeks ago. so that means my parents won't let me get a IS350. "it cost $6000 to fix the car, it would cost $12000 if you do it again." typical asian.

any one know how to stand up to traditional asian parents and not get disown?

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dude04 said:
Remind them that they live in your house, and that while you respect their advice you are no longer under their command.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i'm asian and chinese to be more exact. it's part of our culture atleast it will be until it the first generation becomes grandparents. I think you're in a tough situation. The best you could do is find them another place, possibly pay for it or help them get government money and set everything up for them. They will most definately take it really offensively. The parents usually go with the oldest son which im assuming you are.

justinsane

Don Juan
Reaction score
f283000 said:
I understand the whole concept of being independent and being your own man. The only problem I have with this is that a lot of guys want to be on their own to improve their chances with women and ignoring what should be the most important factor (if it makes financial sense at that point in their lives).

Do you put your success with women before your own success? what i mean is that the economy is in the gutter, there are no jobs, rent is high. Do you put yourself in financial risk to be on your own or do you stay where you are at now so you can save some money/finish schooling and then make your move?

According to experts you need at least 3 or more months of rent money in savings in order to safely move out in case you get fired from a job or there is an emergency. Most guys out there got no savings. It's even tougher when you got a crappy job.

It's a great thing to move out but it should be done right and not out of desperation or in hopes it is going to help you out with women. If a woman turns you down because you live with your parent she can go f herself she wasn't good for you anyway.

1. Get savings. Don't move out untill you have 3 to 6 months for rent in savings.
2. Don't move out if you don't have a car
3. If you live in a city that is expensive you need to move the f___ out to somewhere where you can make it or resign yourself to sharing an apartment with a bunch of stinkin people. Get a new life for yourself there are lots of cities where a guy doesn't have to rent a place with 4 other people. Get out of California, Get out of New York and settle somewhere cheaper.
How I wish I read this back even BEFORE I started high school so I could have gotten a part time job and learn to use that money to play the market or other ways to invest such as a small business. At leasts I could set as a lesson for the younger DJ's here so that they won't have to pay with their wasted youth like I did. Too bad this isn't a sticky.

About number two, I would disagree because that would depend on the city. The chicago tranist authority is a pain in the butt, however if your able to get a studio such as this transportation would not be a problem if your job is in the city.
http://www.realtor.com/realestatean...-Street-Unit-3624_Chicago_IL_60610_1113860856

How is it in Mexico right now standard of living wise? Is it very hard to get a prof job as it is here in the US for a college graduate?

ready123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dude04 said:
yup. was hoping to buy a car with that but i got into an accident 3 weeks ago. so that means my parents won't let me get a IS350. "it cost $6000 to fix the car, it would cost $12000 if you do it again." typical asian.

You might be standing up verbally but where it counts you're not standing up period. You still have a victim mentality (they MADE me do this) that reinforces your parents' assumptions that you can't take care of yourself. Complaining about not being able to get a Lexus because your parents won't let you is a child's mentality, not a man's. And from an Asian perspective, an ugly truth is sometimes freedom to grow and become your own man = getting disowned.

Example: I have a Chinese homegirl who's an extremely successful engineer, has an extremely succesful husband (programmer who makes > 6 figures), and she got disowned because the husband was black. In her situation, there's nothign she could've done to appease the parents so fvck em

BananaSmile

Don Juan
Reaction score
WHere i live if i move out i would get 475 buks a fort nite
rent = 200- 250 if i share a room + bills
Food = No idea
Clothe = i doubt id have money to buy clother from anywhere but Kmart

if i get a job the government would give me less money :(
If i work im going to hurt my education (becoming seniour in feb)

this way of life sounds bad but I DONT WANNA LIVE with my parents
they keep bugging meeeeeee abt being successfulll (i got C and they told me to quit schoool and go work)

SmoothTalker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you move out the government will give you money, unless you have a job? Sounds like welfare to me...

That would just be stupid, living at home by your own means is far far more respectable than living 'on your own' on welfare.

This thread is silly, when you have the means, move out. If you rush it, you'll blow all your savings, probably end up in debt, then get evicted and move back in with your parents anyway.

dude04

Don Juan
Reaction score
BananaSmile said:
WHere i live if i move out i would get 475 buks a fort nite
rent = 200- 250 if i share a room + bills
Food = No idea
Clothe = i doubt id have money to buy clother from anywhere but Kmart

if i get a job the government would give me less money :(
If i work im going to hurt my education (becoming seniour in feb)

this way of life sounds bad but I DONT WANNA LIVE with my parents
they keep bugging meeeeeee abt being successfulll (i got C and they told me to quit schoool and go work)
you sure they said go work instead of studying? don't sound like the american dream.

justinsane

Don Juan
Reaction score
SmoothTalker said:
If you move out the government will give you money, unless you have a job? Sounds like welfare to me...

That would just be stupid, living at home by your own means is far far more respectable than living 'on your own' on welfare.

This thread is silly, when you have the means, move out. If you rush it, you'll blow all your savings, probably end up in debt, then get evicted and move back in with your parents anyway.
Great point!