Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

more powerful than sex

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I heard something really interesting today. Someone on a radio show said that having meaning in life is more powerful than sex. Why? Because there are people not having sex that are happy. But no one without meaning in life is happy.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And there are people having sex who are happier than the ones who are happy and not having sex. States of happiness, just like esoteric notions of a meaningful life, are all relative.

But no one without meaning in life is happy.
Except for the people who're happy in their understanding that life is essentially meaningless. Or only as full of meaning as we're willing to apply to it.

Absolutisms might entertain the talkshow listeners of touchy-feely pop-psychologists radio hosts, but they rarely exist in the real world.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
And there are people having sex who are happier than the ones who are happy and not having sex. States of happiness, just like esoteric notions of a meaningful life, are all relative.
They may be happy and having sex, but not necessarily because they are having sex. Perhaps for other reasons as well such as a fulfilling life. There are people that have lots of sex and are empty. Particularly true for women.

Except for the people who're happy in their understanding that life is essentially meaningless.
I think everyone yearns for some purpose and meaning. I mean Hitler had a purpose and meaning as devious as it is. Bin Ladin has one, the antiwar protestors have it, the charity worker has one, the mother that wants to raise her kids the right way. I mean I think many people want to reach towards something that is higher or greater than just themselves.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
speakeasy said:
I heard something really interesting today. Someone on a radio show said that having meaning in life is more powerful than sex. Why? Because there are people not having sex that are happy. But no one without meaning in life is happy.
on the happiness scale (1 being low pleasure and 10 being maximum pleasure)...

masturbation - 5
sex - 7.5
meaingful life - 10

so ....

1) sex alone = 7.5
2) masturbation + meaningful life = 15
3) sex + meaningful life = 17.5

a lot of the feel goodness that most people get from sex is about more than the orgasm, its about feeling 'wanted' or 'desired', its basicaly an ego rush - they feel like 'the prize'.

but people who have a meaningful life feel the like hte prize all the time. sex is just the cherry on the sundae.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree Joeker, though I think sex should be more than 2.5pts higher than wanking off! lol.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
speakeasy said:
I agree Joeker, though I think sex should be more than 2.5pts higher than wanking off! lol.
well to be honest sometimes i think wanking off is higher than sex! :)

sometimes sex is a pain in the butt (no pun intended).

great sex is great, but a lot of the sex people have (especially married people) is not that much more pleasurable than jacking.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
speakeasy said:
They may be happy and having sex, but not necessarily because they are having sex.
True, but the possibility also exists that they may be happy (as per they're own perception of happiness) because they're getting laid just as well. It's not an absolute. You cannot discount the opposite because it doesn't fit your own perception.

It's like saying money can't buy you happiness, but I still know plenty of happy ass rich people. And how do we know when we're not rich ourselves? It's entirely possible to be happy due to wealth, just as it is to be happy because you're getting laid. A person can find happiness in meditating on the quality of his meaningful life just as easily as a guy can be happy right after he shoots up an 8 ball.

speakeasy said:
There are people that have lots of sex and are empty.
And there are millions more AFCs who are just as empty, looking for any justification they can to rationalize why they're not getting laid - such as devaluing and marginalizing sexuality in a self-righteous attempt to console themsleves about their predicament by claiming some esoteric moral high ground in their celebacy, as if it were a choice they were making rather than a condition they really have little control over.

Beware of making your necessity a virtue. It rarely leads you to what you're really after.

Luthor Rex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
speakeasy said:

"Meaning" can drive you to the point of obsession. So yeah.

I'm not trying to poo-poo meaning, but just point out that those asshat highjackers had "meaning" and that drove them to flying airplanes into buildings.

So yeah, meaning can be more powerful than life itself...

JLR

Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
True, but the possibility also exists that they may be happy (as per they're own perception of happiness) because they're getting laid just as well. It's not an absolute. You cannot discount the opposite because it doesn't fit your own perception.

It's like saying money can't buy you happiness, but I still know plenty of happy ass rich people. And how do we know when we're not rich ourselves? It's entirely possible to be happy due to wealth, just as it is to be happy because you're getting laid. A person can find happiness in meditating on the quality of his meaningful life just as easily as a guy can be happy right after he shoots up an 8 ball.

And there are millions more AFCs who are just as empty, looking for any justification they can to rationalize why they're not getting laid - such as devaluing and marginalizing sexuality in a self-righteous attempt to console themsleves about their predicament by claiming some esoteric moral high ground in their celebacy, as if it were a choice they were making rather than a condition they really have little control over.

Beware of making your necessity a virtue. It rarely leads you to what you're really after.
I LOVE that last statement you made Rollo!! Is that yours, or inspired by something you've run across in your work?

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JLR, heheh,..that's one 'o mine.

I've never had meaningless sex. Every girl I've ever ƒucked, I was meaning to ƒuck.

:nervous:

Holland

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What kind of scarcity mentality thread is this?

It's all BS, people!
You can have all three of these things independantly.
Can you be happy without sex and meaning in life? Sure ya can.
Can you have sex without being happy and meaning in life? Sure ya can
Can you have meaning in life without having sex and happyness? Sure ya can (you should meet one of them neurotic emo kids, they're REALLY good at that stuff :crackup:)

Conclusion: Have all three and don't waste time thinking about BS.

Someone on a radio show said that having meaning in life is more powerful than sex.
Sure, dude. Was that before or after he/she mentioned he/she was a virgin/never had a powerful sexual relationship?

Listen to this man, his words are wise:

PS: I know that a life purpose is one of the major keys to a fulfilling life but this is just pure AFC excusing BS.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

:yes: Stole the words right out of my typing finger.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want to have a bit of fun, ask such "moral celibates" to rationally explain why it is so moral to not be sexual when "God," "nature," "the Great Spirit," "the force," or whatever they want to call it endowed us with sexuality.

They'll probably start going "humma, humma, humma" like Ralph Kramden in an old Honeymooners episode...