Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Monster eating

RedPill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For the last year now I've taken working out seriously. Gained 20 lbs of muscle and lowered bodyfat a bit. I've still got a ton left to gain, but I am in shape, and look athletic now. During the past year I've been busy as hell and on the road a lot at times starting my business. Going over the carefully kept data on my progress from the past year, one pattern stands out among all the rest:

During periods where I ate like a (carnivorous) horse, I grew like a weed. For those periods where my eating sucked because I was busy or on the road a lot, my progress stagnated. Sometimes, I would eat heavy but not very cleanly, and I never gained any fat. Body fat has never been an issue.

Hmm... let's think about this. Gains only when I eat like a champ...getting fat never an issue.

Perhaps I need to always eat really heavy - no excuses!

My business is starting to get profitable. But I'm still going to be very busy for a long time to come. In a nutshell, my plan to keep up the eating is to always have access to protein and other foods.

The first thing I did was purchase a thermo-electric cooler/heater for my car. It's like a mini-fridge, and it can also heat up frozen food in the winter, no matter where I'm at. Secondly, I have a shaker bottle in every one of my primary locations - office, home, the car, so there's never an excuse not to be able to drink some whey. In the car, I keep gallons of water in the trunk, both for mixing drinks and regular hydration.

Another strategy employed is I took my "backup" cans of tuna out of the car and office, so that I am forced to always prepare the food in advance, or I suffer by not getting to eat. It removes the temptation to slack and not prepare meals.

The reason I posted this thread was two-fold - 1) to let people know how my own experience has shown me that eating is the difference-maker, much more so than the workouts; 2) to ask if you guys have any other tactics you'd recommend for making heavy eating pragmatic when you are frequently busy.

Thanks for any suggestions.

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmmm, this is a shake that you can make up the night before you have to work:

150ml Skimmed Milk
200ml Water
40g Peanut Butter
30g Whey
20g Oats
Half Banana (Preferably Green)

45g Protein 550 Cals

RedPill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to try that shake. Espi, that meal plan isn't too much different from mine.

You guys are confirming my belief that huge meals sometimes are necessary to compensate for meals that are smaller than desired. I've found one way to save time is to prepare a lot of meals that are bite size and easy to ingest quickly. For example, cutting up a steak into bite size pieces and adding it to rice or potatoes, or making a salad out of it. Marinated tuna is good for quick consumption as well.

Also, cooking meals well in advance saves a lot of time. When I buy my own house at the end of the year it will be easier as I don't have to compete with others for use of the kitchen and fridge space.

newbie81

Don Juan
Reaction score
RedPill said:
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to try that shake. Espi, that meal plan isn't too much different from mine.

You guys are confirming my belief that huge meals sometimes are necessary to compensate for meals that are smaller than desired. I've found one way to save time is to prepare a lot of meals that are bite size and easy to ingest quickly. For example, cutting up a steak into bite size pieces and adding it to rice or potatoes, or making a salad out of it. Marinated tuna is good for quick consumption as well.

Also, cooking meals well in advance saves a lot of time. When I buy my own house at the end of the year it will be easier as I don't have to compete with others for use of the kitchen and fridge space.

Cooking in advance makes your life certainly more easy.

What I do is eating the same thing for certain periods (week/month) then i switch it because I'm fed of it.

What I currently do: 2 times a week I prepare rice, lots of it, I put this in the fridge. It usually keeps fresh for 2-3days.
When I come back from work I prepare my food for the next day:
-grab some rice, grab a can of tuna
-grab some fruit
-prepare breakfast
-prepare pre/post workout meal

This takes me 15min at most.

I eat clean 6days out of 7.

On sunday I usually have some cheat meal (=french fries or pancakes or kebab whatever I feel like)

On my weekdays I have 2 heavy days where I eat a lot, this is to compensate.

The take home message is:

You have to keep in mind your daily/weekly/monthly/ calorie intake and not the calories from the meals separately.

That's why some people have it hard to gain: they think because they eat one big meal & nothing the rest of the day there gona bulk up. It's the daily/weekly/monthly total that counts.

If you have specific questions, feel free to contact me.

-newb

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's wrong with kebabs? I regularly have three as a post-workout meal. (chicken w/ hummus)

newbie81 said:
That's why some people have it hard to gain: they think because they eat one big meal & nothing the rest of the day there gona bulk up. It's the daily/weekly/monthly total that counts.
Amen to that; 5000 calories in one sitting is NOT the same as 5000 calories more or less equally spread over 6 meals.

newbie81

Don Juan
Reaction score
Warboss Alex said:
What's wrong with kebabs? I regularly have three as a post-workout meal. (chicken w/ hummus)

Amen to that; 5000 calories in one sitting is NOT the same as 5000 calories more or less equally spread over 6 meals.
I don't know what kind of kebab you are eating, but over here even mcdo is healthier than kebab...

Maybe I didn't made my point clear. Yes 5000calories in one sitting is the same as 5000calories spread over 6meals. What's count it the daily/weekly/monthly total. So in this case: 5000calories is 5000 calories, if you only need half, you'll bulk up.

Now I'm not saying you only have to eat 1 meal/day!! Of course this is not the best thing to do, think! Eating 1 meal a day is no good.

What I'm saying is as Redpill asked: you can compensate smaller meals with bigger meals, what counts is the daily/weekly/monthly total. So you can compensate days you eat less with days you eat a lot (see the carbs cycle diets).

But you got it right Warboss.

Espi -> Yep, same thing with people that wanna lose weight, they say they don't eat a lot, untill you make them right everything they eat up...

-peace.

RedPill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
[S]alvatore said:
Hmmm, this is a shake that you can make up the night before you have to work:

150ml Skimmed Milk
200ml Water
40g Peanut Butter
30g Whey
20g Oats
Half Banana (Preferably Green)

45g Protein 550 Cals
Tried my own variation on this today. Damn it was tasty! Good call on the whole peanut butter/oats/banana combo. I bet I'll be drinking these all the time.

24 oz water
1 vanilla flavored MRP (54 g whey, 25 g complex carbs, 4 g fat)
3 tbsp peanut butter
1 cup oats
whole banana
1 tbsp flaxseed oil

RedPill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No actually organizedconfusion, I quit that after a month and went back to the standard eat a ton of food all the time diet.

It was a fun experiement while it lasted, but all gains ceased. I was wishfully thinking that the warrior diet would save me a lot of time and money if you could still gain on it. It probably is more natural and correct than eating all the time, but you know what? Fvck nature. This is the year 2006, size sells! And to be honest, I just plain love food. I love cooking, love eating, would eat steak 9 times a day if it were possible. Now I'm just trying to be a lot more sensible with massive eating. More prep time, and less cutting and chewing. More fiber.

It helps that my business is starting to get seriously profitable, as finally having some money is allowing me to make better accomodations than in the past. Getting the little fridge installed in my car is pretty sweet. It's pretty ridiculous when the back seat of your car is filled with dirty dishes. Really that's why I got on the warrior diet temporarily, I wanted an easy solution. My crazy work hours were conflicting with my eating requirements. But I've got that conflict resolved now.