Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

moisturisers/facial moisturisers

do you use a facial moisturiser?

• yes

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • no, but I probs should

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • no, I just can't be arsed

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • no, that's really gay

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

howardalex

Banned
Reaction score
anyone use these? I get the feeling I'm the only guy who cares about his skin :s

btw this must be good for girls 'cos they're always sat there feeling me up 'cos of my soft skin lol

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know why having healthy skin is a "girls thing".

I use a moisurizer too...

Heck after shaving I use a toner as well, and in the shower i have a facial wash and exfoliator.

My face isn't exactly soft though, compared to most... I have a different skin type, but it looks good nonetheless after cleaning.

SamoJednom

Don Juan
Reaction score
The only thing I use is that Nivea cream thing. I use it because my skin drys after showering so why would I wanna walk around with dry skin? :D... It's good stuff try it.

howardalex

Banned
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.
if your face is a little puffy, do you apply an ice pack? :D

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And can you do a thousand crunches, now?

Btw, to the OP... Why do you care, anyway? Do whatever you want, and if having good skin makes you gay in the eyes of some knuckle-draggers... what the f**k do you care?

howardalex

Banned
Reaction score
Fred Da Head said:
And can you do a thousand crunches, now?

Btw, to the OP... Why do you care, anyway? Do whatever you want, and if having good skin makes you gay in the eyes of some knuckle-draggers... what the f**k do you care?
true that! I kinda wanted to find out what proportion of people use one so I can assess whether I need to go to another level to stay ahead :p

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another level? What, you want to have Pat Bateman's morning routine?

Go read Arena, then!

howardalex

Banned
Reaction score
Fred Da Head said:
Another level? What, you want to have Pat Bateman's morning routine?

Go read Arena, then!
would it be wrong to want his routine? :p

seriously though as soon as I get the herb mint facial masks I'm there :rockon:

howardalex

Banned
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
"Mint Julep Facial Masque", Walgreens. I must say, it does feel great after you peel that thing off. Although it comes off much more perfectly in the movie, heh. Maybe because he has some kind of foo-foo $200 Pour Homme masque type deal, I dunno. :p
$200? very reasonable :p

I'll look into those man, cheers :)

Road Demon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep, 80% of all aging is due to UV induced photoaging.

Use a daily moisturizer, with at least SPF15 and one that also blocks UVA rays. SPF is measure of UVB protection. Yes, UVA rays are not blocked by plate glass, and cause fine lines and wrinkles. UVA also increases the damage caused by UVB rays. Think UVB (burning) and UVA (aging). You get small exposures walking outside, driving, that accumulates and causes more damage than a few hours at a beach. You need Parsol 1789(avobenzone) and/or Mexoryl SX to protect against UVA rays.

Best choice: La Roche Posay Anthelios spf 15 with mexoryl SX and Parsol 1789, 3.4 oz (100ml) for 29 bucks. It is like a UVA spf 15. Best stuff in the US. By at CVS or online.

Second choice is noncomedogenic Cetaphil spf 15 4 oz for 9-12 bucks. It is like a UVA spf 8 due to the Parsol 1789. Found everywhere.

Best USA sunblock. Neutrogena SPF 55 w/ helioplex. Best on dry face. UVA SPF ~ 15.

I wear an spf 15 every day, even when inside, as I'll by windows etc.
When I go outside for long periods I use at least Neutrogena spf 55, but normally a highly protective European or Canadian sunblock with mexoryl SX and XL.

IT is far more important to protect your skin against UVB and UVA rays than use some expensive scrub.

When I'm 40 I want to look 30 to catch the 24 year olds. lol.

RD

Berlex

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
organizedconfusion said:
take his word for it,he's quite the authority in recieving facials :up:
He won't even refute this claim..watch
nope, I'm always on the giving end

Flabbergasped?

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Post pics of your boyfriends, we'll assess how nice their skin is.

Sean Cameron

Banned
Reaction score
Let's have a slumber party, we can all get into our pj's and do our faces, and hair. It'll be super sweet. We can talk about the boys, while we do our nails. Girl power!

djSlvt

Banned
Reaction score
I still have acne, should I be using a moisturizer?

Giving my acne condition, which is getting better, enough to get laid, but I still get them. What products could I use on my skin in the shower, morning, and evening?

Keep in mind that Im also using Proactive, most of the time in the evening, and some 10% benzol generic acne cream.

Also, I once used a shaving gel, it's green and comes in a bottle, smells like kiwi, and I think is called something similar. It's only available in Key West. What's the name of that and can I get it without going to Key West?

howardalex

Banned
Reaction score
djSlvt said:
I still have acne, should I be using a moisturizer?

Giving my acne condition, which is getting better, enough to get laid, but I still get them. What products could I use on my skin in the shower, morning, and evening?

Keep in mind that Im also using Proactive, most of the time in the evening, and some 10% benzol generic acne cream.

Also, I once used a shaving gel, it's green and comes in a bottle, smells like kiwi, and I think is called something similar. It's only available in Key West. What's the name of that and can I get it without going to Key West?
I took you off my ignore list...

I don't reccomend benzyl peroxide unless you have acne because it does cause damage to the skin, but it definitely helps people with acne

if I were you I'd shave, wash my face, put the benzyl peroxide on and moisturise - the benzyl peroxide really dries out your skin, moisturising should definitely help :)

if I were you I'd find a light daily moisture cream, light being the key, nivea do a good one :)