Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Modern Warfare 3 :)

Mark1234

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm personally a pretty big gamer (either for better or worse) and love a good video game. In fact I just started making a tiny bit of coin playing Call of Duty as a hobby. Just curious if you guys have played the new Call of Duty and what you thought of it?

Marvin Gaye

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Negative thoughts down the drain just relax, let t
I'm personally a pretty big gamer (either for better or worse) and love a good video game. In fact I just started making a tiny bit of coin playing Call of Duty as a hobby. Just curious if you guys have played the new Call of Duty and what you thought of it?

joverby

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marvin, are you this dude too or something?

I'm a gamer myself, thought about making a youtube channel to start commentating to try to make some cash playing games but never really followed through.

That being said, yeah, I've played it. It's not a bad game, per se, but I knew exactly what to expect. That in itself was probably the biggest "game turn off."

It's really just MW2.5 tbh. Same ****, same guns, same kill streaks, yadda yadda. Obviously not exactly the same, but the game still feels like an expansion pack to MW2 than a new game.

BF3 all the way :) .....Skyrim has me by the balls atm though.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I stopped with COD series after the least peice of **** they put out. I prefer battlefield of the two.

In fact I just started making a tiny bit of coin playing Call of Duty as a hobb
lol when i was a kid, what... i was in the 7th or so grade something like that, and mortal kombat 2 was at the arcade my older cousin earl, well not my cousin, my half brothers cousin, used to take me to the arcade on Saturday night, and we'd leave with 50-60 dollars off me beating dudes in MK2. if that was today i'd have made some serious coin off that game, i played it so much i was practically unbetable if you allowed me to get sub zero. thoose were the days lol

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I stopped playing video games last year in October because I realized how much time I was wasting. Never looked back, one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life.

Now, when the next Halo and Grand Theft Auto games come out, I will nerd out for a month or two on each. I'll borrow an Xbox 360 and rent the games. Or if they're launch titles for the new consoles that are supposed to come out next year, I'll just wait for the buying frenzy/hype to wear down,.

Mark1234

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I've thought about quitting video games as well but I just have so much fun playing them, it would be really difficult to quit, maybe some day but until than MW3 fer dayz baby, I'm loving it!

omkara

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I made it through most of MW1, and then quit playing MW2 in the beginning when they led me through 10 minutes of cut scenes and then still wouldn't let me do anything in the game. Then I read the review and it said it was half like a hollywood movie that you watch/are lead through and half that you actually play.

That is only single player though. I tried to get on MP once, and people take it WAY too seriously, with all the trash talking. As if, if you don't have good COD skills that means you are not successful in life. Actually the reverse is more likely to be true.

P

perseverance

I played a bit of the multiplayer and found it pretty much identical to Modern Warfare 2. I'm bored of the Call of Duty series.

I much prefer Fallout New Vegas and the Bioshock series.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vice said:
I stopped playing video games last year in October because I realized how much time I was wasting. Never looked back, one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life.

Now, when the next Halo and Grand Theft Auto games come out, I will nerd out for a month or two on each. I'll borrow an Xbox 360 and rent the games. Or if they're launch titles for the new consoles that are supposed to come out next year, I'll just wait for the buying frenzy/hype to wear down,.
I think you and i have had this conversation before, but coming from a workaholic, you have to have balance.

even the most productive people on the face of the earth have their mindless vices.

just do not let your life be consumed by them

if you bust your ass working all day, nothing is wrong at all sitting down for 45 mins-1 hour playing a video game. just don't let yoyur life be consumed by it.

I work from sun up to sun down most days and NOTHING is getting done on college football saturdays lol. I go to the gym, get home by 9am and from then i'm pretty much stuck on the couch.

joverby

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
I think you and i have had this conversation before, but coming from a workaholic, you have to have balance.

even the most productive people on the face of the earth have their mindless vices.

just do not let your life be consumed by them

if you bust your ass working all day, nothing is wrong at all sitting down for 45 mins-1 hour playing a video game. just don't let yoyur life be consumed by it.

I work from sun up to sun down most days and NOTHING is getting done on college football saturdays lol. I go to the gym, get home by 9am and from then i'm pretty much stuck on the couch.
^This^

It's all about moderation. EVERYTHING. You can do drugs, as long as it's in moderation and be fine. You don't have to completely cut-out video games, unless you want to obviously.

But as BB said, as long as you are leading an otherwise productive life, there's absolutely nothing wrong with induldging in things that aren't. i.e. Won't make you money or get you chicks.

I started playing the guitar in the same light as video games, just for fun. Now I'm in a band and we are getting more and more popular in our area, doing well.

PokerStar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i just got back in vidoe games last year.

After playing street fighter 2 back in the days, i had lost interest.

Now, playing black ops and MW3 it saves me $$ by not going oot to bars or clubs and plus, some of the girls i be mackin' also play video games.

MikeBrown30

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
,-._|\ ................... ............ / Aus \ ..
joverby said:
^This^

It's all about moderation. EVERYTHING. You can do drugs, as long as it's in moderation and be fine. You don't have to completely cut-out video games, unless you want to obviously.
I'll have to disagree with you there. One thing that is bad in any quantity is illicit drugs. I'm not going to argue about it, once you take something, it changes the way your brain functions.

And MW3 is the same recycled garbage. I had both Battlefield 3 and MW3 pre-ordered months in advance. A week before BF3 came out I cancelled both, because I realised what a waste of time and money they are.

joverby

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MikeBrown30 said:
I'll have to disagree with you there. One thing that is bad in any quantity is illicit drugs. I'm not going to argue about it, once you take something, it changes the way your brain functions.

And MW3 is the same recycled garbage. I had both Battlefield 3 and MW3 pre-ordered months in advance. A week before BF3 came out I cancelled both, because I realised what a waste of time and money they are.
BF3 is great, not recycled garbage like COD. Back to the drug debate...

No need to argue when we have scientific studies :)
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/09/110929074205.htm

"Lasting change was found in the part of the personality known as openness, which includes traits related to imagination, aesthetics, feelings, abstract ideas and general broad-mindedness. Changes in these traits, measured on a widely used and scientifically validated personality inventory, were larger in magnitude than changes typically observed in healthy adults over decades of life experiences, the scientists say. Researchers in the field say that after the age of 30, personality doesn't usually change significantly."

Oh noes!! It makes people more open-minded. We can't have that now can we? People think outside the box too much and they start to realize just how stacked the deck is against them.(So just because it changes something, it doesn't mean it's not for the better. :) )

Obviously this doesn't cover all drugs, I am more of an advocate for natural drugs. Not so much crack , meth, shooting up heroin etc.

Mark1234

Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't tried BF3 yet but I hear it's awesome, especially playing with other guys. In fact that's what makes COD so fun, IMO.

For a hobby I make some call of duty videos and was pretty happy with my latest one, trying to experiment with the editing a little more heavily. Here it is if you're interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKSh8-3X2Cw

Upside

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Gentlemen.

My two brothers love the modern warfare series. I haven't bought any of them, but I have played quite a bit with them and friends. Here's a good breakdown of them all.

Modern Warfare: Good graphics, innovative gameplay. Well deserved as a top game.

Modern Warfare 2: Same game as 1.

Modern Warfare 3: Same game as 2.

Obviously not carbon copies, but really. They change streaks a bit, make the guns look different, and change the single player story and maps. The third reiteration is the most unrealistic of them all.

Basically, it's become a cash cow and nothing innovative has come out of the series since the first one. Not necessarily a bad thing, but when you pay $60 for the same game, it just doesn't make sense.