Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Modern Day Gold Rush - Energy Deregulation

Marvin Gaye

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Negative thoughts down the drain just relax, let t
There are several MLM opportunites out there that involved a product or service. Some of these companies are great and have wonderful products or services to offer. About a month ago I was introduced to a company where I didn't have to change my family and friend's purchasing habbits, but showed them how to save money on a bill that they pay anyway, and I make a residual income everytime someone on my team pays their Utility Bill.

We can pay off our car and our homes but we can never pay off that energy bill. I'm I trust all my bros here, and was looking for some input from other as to what you think of this opportunity?

For a young guy like me, network marketing is pretty nice. extra $$$ on the side without worrying about major finances yet. !! :crazy:

PM Me

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For a young guy like me, network marketing is pretty nice

fwiw, I was not any different at your age, probably because I was too naive to understand that most people are scum bags. I tried almost every scheme. I actually made money at a few of them, but mostly because I was too ignorant to realize that I was the one fleecing new suckers on behalf of some other scum bag.

Marvin Gaye

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
First and foremost, as an ACN rep you do NOT get paid for recruiting other reps. In a pyramid you will get more money for getting other reps rather than to sell a product or service (if there even is any).

ACN is a direct seller for major companies....DirecTV, AT&T, Sprint, Verizon... you name 'em. And I don't think companies like that would get involved with a scam. Donald Trump endorses ACN. I'm sure he gets a good chunk of money for it, but he would not tarnish his name with a scam.

I have found that there are many people who don't like ACN or are simply against multi-level marketing, and there are those who love it. It's 50/50. If you educate yourself what a pyramid really is, then you will find that ACN is not.

Appleade

Reaction score
You used the word "team." That word is too associated with MLM.

Also, if someone usually has to explain why a certain business isn't a scheme, it's usually a scheme.

OzyBoy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They are mostly scam. I have tried a few schemes in the past and mostly lost money. I just don't bother with anything like that anymore. :cool:

Marvin Gaye

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
recently joined ACN and I, personally, am excited about it. I'm not just excited about the opportunity, but the fact that I don't have to sell anything. I realized that sales aren't really for me. We take services that people use everyday (home phones, cell phones, satellite, internet, home security) and offer them the same services with the same quality at a lower price. My up-line have been extremely supportive, which I have read makes a big difference. Also with the video phone we are able to host meetings with people in different states and timezones so my down-line could come from practically anywhere. But everyone's experience is different. My faith is high because I know many people personally that have had success with this business

I will post back after my first couple of checks, when I am CEOin' 10k a day.

Last edited:

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The real gold rush is in actual gold mining. Gold is $1700 an ounce and it beats the hell out of any mlm stuff.

If I lived out west I would be wildcatting for gold everywhere I could. But I'm a mining nut and I've made alot of money investing in gold & copper explorers.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gold is $1700 an ounce and it beats the hell out of any mlm stuff.

It's not bad if you're at the top of the mlm pyramid and manage to either not make quite enough money to attract the attention of the Feds, or you can flee the country with the cash before they raid you and seize everything.

All we need is a worthless gold mine that we can turn into an mlm scheme. We'll tell everyone at the "opportunity meeting" that they will all make a zillion dollars for doing nothing, but first they need to invest in some worthless binders of blurry, photocopied, poorly written and plagiarized motivational speeches. It should cost about $300-700, a sum of money that a typical schmuck can put on his credit card. Of course, for those who are truly serious about success, the same binder with a "platinum member" sticker on the front can be had for just $3,000 - which is of course negotiable if their credit card isn't quite maxed out yet.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
It should cost about $300-700, a sum of money that a typical schmuck can put on his credit card. Of course, for those who are truly serious about success, the same binder with a "platinum member" sticker on the front can be had for just $3,000 - which is of course negotiable if their credit card isn't quite maxed out yet.
I don't know seems kind of high. Let's say monthly payments of only $98.85 to be involved in this kind of opportunity. That's less than $3.25 per day! A cup of really good coffee.

For the platinum members only monthly payments of $198.85 with an upfront signing fee and admin fees totalling only $1385.55. That's still less than $6.50 per day. Less than a hamburger for this once in a lifetime opportunity.

HoneyHitter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't get it.

How can people be dumb enough to join these things! Can't you see the bigger picture of this whole ACN construct?

A friend of mine joined them a year ago. He hasn't sold ****! (except himself, his aunt and a dumb cousin of his)
So now that he finally figured out that **** doesn't work, he's started to recruit new "team" members.

These kind of scams seem to be targeted at lazy people looking for shortcuts to financial "freedom" without bringing anything to the table.
Their strategy is based on peer-pressure. They are not able to sell you the story one-on-one.
They either bring in a "crew" of posers or try to get you in a frontrow-seat at one of their "larger-than-life" meetings.

HoneyHitter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marvin Gaye said:
My faith is high because I know many people personally that have had success with this business
Lovin' it. :D

Please, do report back. Especially about HOW you got to CEOin 10k a day. :rolleyes:

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I added a friend on FB that I haven't seen since high school. So we got into chatting and he told me about how he's going to retire in two years. I asked him what he was doing to accomplish this, and he directed to me to "his" website where he's selling Quixtar products.

Here we are four years later, and he's currently working a minimum wage job. If that's what retirement is, then no thanks.

famegame

Reaction score
if you already member learn what you can

the money is in signing up new recruits like in any mlm
more than new customers (Around 10$/per month )

Post the time it takes to break even your singup fee excluding your time cost
fail fast or work it if its working for you

Your Time is the Biggest ASSET
Your Time is the Biggest ASSET

Marvin Gaye said:
For a young guy like me, network marketing is pretty nice. extra $$$ on the side without worrying about major finances yet. !! :crazy:

PM Me

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HoneyHitter said:
How can people be dumb enough to join these things! Can't you see the bigger picture of this whole ACN construct?
No. Many don't look past what they see. You look into a forest and go "I wonder what's inside past these trees here", the others go "oh hey, those are some nice looking trees, yup, just trees"

They don't ask questions, they don't figure out "how does this place make money and what is my role". Lots of people are very good worker bees who have been beaten into submission from an early age.

Marvin Gaye

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The way I see it....... If this is a total scam, then I get some business experience, and hopefully I'd be more cautious next time. If not--I make some money.

What do you all think? I know that BibleBelt is vehemently against network marketing companies. Some individuals I know who own businesses started with network marketing. It's a legit business model, in my opinion.

I need to see for myself.

Desdinova said:
I added a friend on FB that I haven't seen since high school. So we got into chatting and he told me about how he's going to retire in two years. I asked him what he was doing to accomplish this, and he directed to me to "his" website where he's selling Quixtar products.

Here we are four years later, and he's currently working a minimum wage job. If that's what retirement is, then no thanks.

Thanks Des, I appreciate the ancedote I really do. However I believe I'm in a different situation; I'm not selling Quixtar, I'm selling Sprint, DirectTV, Comcast, GAS (here in California it's be PG&E, San Diego Gas or SoCal Gas) and basic phone service. Other states in the US offer electricty service.

The major companies take a portion of their marketing spending to ensure that we (ME) get the services directly to the customer. How can you call this biz shady when it's been around 20 years....

I also don't think I'll be retiring anytime soon lol. That's ridiculous..
This company doesn't offer a way to get rich quick...more like get money slow. All I'm asking is--are you guys really trying to help me, or do you just want to spread your negativivty

Last edited:

Marvin Gaye

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow !!! Here I am SEVEN months later. Glad I quit this garbage

For any newbies reading, the real money comes with hard word. MLM busniesses like these violete the Law of Entry, which states that getting "in business" simply by signing up and buying a care package, violates the Law and isn't a real business.

Read up on Millionaire Fastlane or look it up on youtube...incredible book, and forget the MLM garbage