Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

MMA Fitness Conditioning of Randy "The Natural" Couture

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With the popularity of Mixed Martial Arts, there has been a push away from the old style of body building for conditioning.

If you want to really see gains in your cardio, endurance, and over all fitness, train like an athlete with maximum intenisty and explosive power. Don’t lift weights like a body builder focusing on a bicep, then a tricep, then a hamstring. Don’t work your muscles like a collection of individual body parts. You’ll see better conditioning gains training whole body, with multiple body movements as shown by Randy Couture. Training like this will give you 'functional' muscle. Not just bulky muscle.

Also, a good training program is only as good as your diet. Remember, abs are made in the kitchen...not the gym.

Here's the link Randy's workout:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3224902600571518938

Rampage1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
training for mma is different than training for building muscle. Them people train for endurance and not really strength related. Most people here want to build muscle

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Rampage...

I didn't know you spoke for the 'majority' of the people on this forum :cool:

hahaha...jk broham

This forum is many things for many different people. I highly doubt the majority of the people on this forum are here 'just to build muscle'. If so, t-nation is a better website for that.

I highly believe that any guy, in any sport can benefit from an MMA style/Hiit workout. This is a great workout option for people gettig burnt out from their regular routine and want to break through their plateaus.

If this workout goes against everything you have believed in your training, than don't do it. And if what you're doing is working for you, by all means keep doing what you're doing. But, I believe all real truth was originally thought of as blasphemy.

If you wrestle, play football, basketball, hockey - you're probably doing workouts like this already. If not...get on it!

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Even if you're only interested in aesthetics and/or strength, doing conditioning (and by conditioning I'm talking about 100 burpee challenges, etc., not walking on the treadmill for 30 minutes at 3 mph) can help you. It burns fat while preserving muscle and it will increase your work capacity so you can train harder, longer and more frequently. The only downside: conditioning is extremely unpleasant.