Misogynistic viewpoints.

Mr. Me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When someone labels other people, such as calling them "Misogynist" or anything else, it's an over-generalization.

Misogynists truly hate women simply because they're women. They can be cruel to women.

But more and more, misogyny has come to mean any guy who holds any view that's not the mass popular sanctified, supportive view of women. So when a guy calls women on poor behavior, for example, he's derided as being misogynist.

It's become a label to slap on guys, a slur, a put down, a term that's tossed and bandied around by mostly women who seem to wish to fault and blame men for just about everything, a catch-all. It used to be a rare term that was used to identify the rare guy who actually bristled at, mistreated, disrespected, put down and truly resented a woman being around, i.e., a real, live, genuine misogynist.

The Deacon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
taiyuu_otoko said:
lots of hallucinations in this post. The OP only used the word to describe MOST of what is on whymenarebetterthanwomen.com or whatever the sight is. His only point was that there is a lot of bitterness on this sight towords women, which he reiterated above, and that there are lot of good women out there. You are allowed to say NEXT to a girl if you don't like her, you know.

Of course, it all boils down to taking responsibility for your life versus blaming the world for your problems. Sure there are lot of evil conniving beeeactches out there, men AND women. learn to recognize them early and move on.

As for rollos original "thought provoking" question. We've ALL been misled to a LARGE degree. Question is, what the fukk are you going to do about it?
Are you gonna figure out what works, and use whatever model of reality is a best fit to get you what you want in life? or are you gonna sit back and complain on an internet message board? Life is too short to whine.

"The leads are weak!"
"YOU"RE WEAK!" to quote part of Chrisz's sig.
That's what I was trying to say. Thank you. I wasn't saying that you guys believe a woman's place is in the kitchen, barefoot and pregnant, I'm only saying the word "misogynist" in the context I keep hearing it on television and the like. If the real definition is Tomassi's, then YES, I've been misled.

All I'm saying is that there's a lot of bitterness on this board, and that's something you guys need to fix.

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a Philogynist. Always!

How about you?

MrNotebook

Don Juan
Reaction score
The Deacon said:
"...All I'm saying is that there's a lot of bitterness on this board, and that's something you guys need to fix."

...consider, there may be a grain of truth in this guy's statement. If you think about it for a second, 90% of the guys on here are not studs, they're really wannabes that are trying to figure out the way of the alpha.

Getting numbers really means nothing as many women don't even call back. The real question is how many of you guys are reaching the sex level?

I think some guys come onto this forum and lose sight and miss a vital lesson that part of being a real man to women includes having utmost respect for them...even though you really just want to bone 'em.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MrNotebook said:
I think some guys come onto this forum and lose sight and miss a vital lesson that part of being a real man to women includes having utmost respect for them...even though you really just want to bone 'em.
Huh? I have utmost respect for some people - men and women included, but not a gender by default. I'd treat people with courtesy, but respect needs to be earned.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ketostix said:
Yeah misandrist was the word. My mistake. You see and hear the word so little that it's not as familar as misogynist is :D .
Yeah whatever. I recall it now. I know I've heard it about 1% of the time I've heard misogynist. But, that's to be expected since men control the world.

Reaction score
A lot of guys who end up with a bad attitude towards women are nice guys.

I see it all the time where some guy will say that women are stupid. Only a total idiot will believe this fallacy. Those types try to hide their own insecurities and fears behind that false belief.

When the real problem is that they are creepy nice guys:

http://media.libsyn.com/media/playersupreme/What_is_wrong_with_nice_guys.mp3

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr. Me said:
It used to be a rare term that was used to identify the rare guy who actually bristled at, mistreated, disrespected, put down and truly resented a woman being around, i.e., a real, live, genuine misogynist.
Very interesting, I did not know that it used to be rare.

Must be like when they used to not be able to say "damn" on tv and now that's PG.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
Deacon,

I find it interesting that you hear this word often on Television. Why do you think that is?
Duh. Most people that watch TV are Women. Most women (and most PEOPLE) are not as happy as they want to be. Most women (most PEOPLE ) like to blame others for their problems. Most women (most people) want a quick fix. So they (the tv people) throw that word out to make women feel a little bit better about themselves so that they will BUY THE FUKKING SH!T THAT IS ADVERTISED ON THAT FUKKING TV SHOW. they throw that word around like people throw around the word "matrix" on this site. It gives people a reason not to step up to the plate.

It's just a marketing strategy.and they do it because it works.

Oops, sorry, I'm not Deacon.

proceed. :cheer:

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ketostix said:
Yes, but you are totally missing the points that men are often incorrectly labeled misogynist/bitter while the female counterpart is labeled just being normal or a feminist at worst, and men have more good cause to be "misogynist" than women have for their constant complaints. Yours and the OP's message needs to be directed more at women than it does men. Oh that's right, doing that would be acting like a bitter misogynist.
I don't think the OP's POINT has anything to do with the history and evolution of the word misogyny. His point is that there are a lot of bitter, hateful, and paranoid views towards all women here at sosuave, which fits the actual definition of misogyny.

What I find MOST interesting are the posters who tried to turn this thread into a rant about the misuse of the word. This thread isn't about semantics. It's about actual misogyny, and its detriments to the board, and its posters.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
iqqi said:
I don't think the OP's POINT has anything to do with the history and evolution of the word misogyny. His point is that there are a lot of bitter, hateful, and paranoid views towards all women here at sosuave, which fits the actual definition of misogyny.

What I find MOST interesting are the posters who tried to turn this thread into a rant about the misuse of the word. This thread isn't about semantics. It's about actual misogyny, and its detriments to the board, and its posters.

Whatever, see you are doing just what I and a few other people pointed out, (mis)labeling. A better case could be made for you being a misandrist. I mean, you come on to a men's forum to antagonize and spread very female-centric viewpoints constantly. You can claim what I'm saying is mysogynistic, bitter or anything else, but I call it factual.

Mr. Me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Very interesting, I did not know that it used to be rare.
Well, rare, because it was only used to describe a real mysongist. Real mysongists are not many, nor commonly found. It was that crusty, salty dog who'd yell, "What be doing a... [makes a face]... WOMAN... aboard me ship?! Get the hell off me ship, damn you woman, before I throw ye overboard meself!!!" or the guy who'd be having his cognac and cigar in the men's club and say, "Women! Pfff! Leeches! I say, toss them all into the sea and be done with them, for all I care! I wouldn't miss a one of them!"

You don't get guys that intolerant of the female form usually. Can you say you know any real msyonigists? So when you see the term so often used to label men nowadays, just because the men have a different opinion on some matters concerning women, you have to consider the source.

the posters who tried to turn this thread into a rant about the misuse of the word. This thread isn't about semantics. It's about actual misogyny
To discuss "actual misogyny" then we first have to understand correctly what the term actually means. That's not a matter of semantics, that's a matter of the term being misused.

And to color that discusssion as a "rant" is the typical female ploy to use rhetoric to paint a contrary view as something horrid. Like when they call a guy "misogynistic" just because he disagrees with them.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
taiyuu_otoko said:
Duh. Most people that watch TV are Women. Most women (and most PEOPLE) are not as happy as they want to be. Most women (most PEOPLE ) like to blame others for their problems. Most women (most people) want a quick fix. So they (the tv people) throw that word out to make women feel a little bit better about themselves so that they will BUY THE FUKKING SH!T THAT IS ADVERTISED ON THAT FUKKING TV SHOW. they throw that word around like people throw around the word "matrix" on this site. It gives people a reason not to step up to the plate.

It's just a marketing strategy.and they do it because it works.

Oops, sorry, I'm not Deacon.

proceed. :cheer:
What a bunch of baloney. Men watch TV too and are consumers. They (entertainment industry and advertisers) know that it's OK to bash men, women love it, but it's not OK to bash women. They are partly sending a message to the public as much as the public is sending them the mesage.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Mr. Me said:
Well, rare, because it was only used to describe a real misogynist. Real misogynists are not many, nor commonly found. It was that old, crusty, salty dog who'd yell, "What be doing a... [makes a face]... WOMAN... aboard me ship?! Get the hell off me ship, damn you Woman, before I throw ye overboard meself!!!" or the guy who'd be having his cognac and cigar in the men's club and say, "Women! Pfff! Leeches! I say, toss them all into the sea and be done with them, for all I care! I wouldn't miss a one of them, nary a one!"

You don't see guys that intolerant of the female form usually. Can you say you know any real misogynists? So when you see the term so often used to label men nowadays, just because the men may have a different opinion on some matters concerning women that goes contrary to feminist doctrine or which simply disagrees with any one woman's opinion on a matter, you have to consider the source.
You are exactly right Mr. Me. "Misogynist" is just one of many labels women use. Not to speak for Rollo but he was right on when he explained this being "social contrivances". And this (mis)labeling is way more common than use to be. That's why you'll notice we have a 19 year old who's "scolding us" on the topic. Anyone much younger than late 20's has no real reference point.

The funny thing is, a person could be a real misogynist and if he hides it, women wouldn't know and he could be quite successful with women. But let's face it, if you believe in the "natural order" and in things being a certain would be best for women and men both, then you are considered a "Misogynist". And even an extreme view like "Women should be barefoot and in the kitchen" isn't misogynistic by default IMO.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
DonGorgon said:
A straight man never hates women ... but he hates being miss treated by them. But a feminist will never tell you that much...

Many gay men don't hate women either, but you can't say that for many lesbians. I'd go so far to say that there are more misandrist straight women than they are misogynist gay or straight men combined. Being a misogynist isn't about sexual orientation or success or lack success with women.

DonGorgon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Studying the fact that all lies contain fragments
ketostix said:
Many gay men don't hate women either, but you can't say that for many lesbians. I'd go so far to say that there are more misandrist straight women than they are misogynist gay or straight men combined. Being a misogynist isn't about sexual orientation or success or lack success with women.
Good point and i hope you got mine.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL @Mr.Me. Yeah I don't know any guys like that, but I've heard the term probably hundreds of times. I always thought it was a "player" or a womanizer. I didn't know it meant outright hatred to the point you'd almost throw the chick overboard.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
DonGorgon said:
Good point and i hope you got mine.
Yeah I got you point I think and I agree with it. Feminist like to mask protests of a woman ill treating men.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr. Me said:
To discuss "actual misogyny" then we first have to understand correctly what the term actually means. That's not a matter of semantics, that's a matter of the term being misused.

And to color that discusssion as a "rant" is the typical female ploy to use rhetoric to paint a contrary view as something horrid. Like when they call a guy "misogynistic" just because he disagrees with them.
I am pretty sure that the definition of misogyny has been posted more than once on this thread. And that the OP was within that definition with his post.

And rant

is a speech or text that does not present a well-researched and calm argument; rather, it is typically an attack on an idea, a person or an institution, and very often lacks proven claims. Such attacks are usually personal attacks. Compare with a dialectic.

In some cases, rants are based on facts and concrete information, but the key ideas expressed are what the individual personally feels.​

Long winded posts about the misuse of the word, are rants. Especially when they have nothing to do with the OP. Nothing anyone has said in that essense, has anything to do with the OP saying that many men here are bitter and hateful towards women as a whole.

You guys are the ones who need to use your word tools more correctly.