Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Mirrors: My worst enemy

TheWayOfAllFlesh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh how I wish some mirrors just weren't there as looks are not everything. But there is a crushing disappointment when you look into a bad one rather than a good one and think 'Dayyyum, are other people seeing that?'

For me a mirror under a heavy light is bad as it shines through to my scalp, showing up my receding line a little and the thinning hair. Bathroom mirrors and nightclub mirrors are the worst for this.

Thankfully there is a 'good mirror' in my bedroom so I can start the day off well, unintentional mirrors are good too, especially shiny black walls and car mirrors. It's those damned bad mirrors that always get me. Of course my solution was to not look into these mirrors, sounds easy? Hell no it isn't :crackup: you just havvvvvve to look doncha :nono:

Even worse when you don't see a mirror coming, like those big mirrors that shoping centres need to be adorned with :down: , and you get a glance of yourself :nervous:

I know I look fine to others, esp concerning my hairline because I tested on talking to myself in the mirror and focusing on the eyes and I can't see much past my eyebrows :eek: but you have to admit that if you catch a bad reflection it is hard to take in.

How do others deal with bad mirrors? Do you ignore them at all costs? Whats your trick? :eek:

BigJimbo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mirrors don't lie. They are always there for you. They are my best of friends at the lowest of moments. I find myself searching for mirrors when I am out and about. I make a quick stop in bathrooms to just catch a glimpse of myself. Mind you, this isn't a confidence boost. I just find myself to be highly attractive. I recently installed a sunken bathtub in my place. I made sure to get the workers to install an amazing mirror that has a colored light panel behind it! I can catch glimpses of myself while in the tub soaking. One moment it is a hazy early morning and the next it is a bright sunny day. God! I need a bath.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, this is why I don't pay much attention to what I look like. I'm a pretty ugly guy and I have gynecomastia, so I avoid mirrors as much as possible.

boomerick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
YGTBFSM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is one of the most insecure p*ssy threads I've ever seen. JEEZ!!.... Mirrors scare you????

Fix what you can and man up and get over the rest!

On the flip side if you're that in love with your own image you're a woman.

Over and Out

ATP

Don Juan
Reaction score
I met a mirror once that made me pissed off. I'd been training heavy and eating a lot and I hade like some acne because of it and I was white as well. So I walked past it and got shocked by the image. I did what any man would have done I gave the mirror the finger. You know what happened then?

The ****ing mirror gave me the finger. I got ****ing shocked so I gave it the finger again and did an up yours sign... the mother****er did the same thing... So I told the mirror "Hey who the hell do you think you are giving me this much ****" and what do you know the mirror started getting pissed in my face.

I told the mother****er to stay there and I went and got a security guard and told him that he was messing with me and acting tough in my face. When we arrived at the mirror it seems the other guy had fetched a security guard as well.

That ****ing pissed me off and I told him... "It's down between us now.. you and me mother****er". The security guard walked away and then I punched the ****ing mirror straigh in the face... It broke..

"**** you *****" I said as I walked away with lats flared. Don't ****ing mess with ATP.

Edit: When I walked upstairs there were some security guards... I went like "**** *** and ******* you *********" and grabbed the security guard and went ***** on *** to ****** his ****** *********.

(BTW, if you don't like your image in the mirror start fixing it. If you are fat/skinny, lose/gain some weight, you are welcome in the H&F section where all the MEN gather instead of these ****ing PuA pussies. If you are really white go and get a tan. If your skin tone is bad then start eating healthier... etc... avoiding mirrors is avoiding the true issue. )

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to have a problem with mirrors. I've noticed how some bathrooms have very harsh light, very uncomplimentary, while others have kinder light. I think some of it has to do with what angle the light is coming from, it may be an unnatural lighting. People are usually lit from above, and in some bathrooms the light is blasting into your face. Anyway.

Have you ever heard of body dysmorphia, where people think they're ugly? I was reading that when they look at themselves they tend to focus in on one little spot, one little flaw, and they can't see past that. If you look into a mirror and are freaked out about your scalp or whatever, step back and look at the whole picture, your whole face and your whole body. That's what people see when they look at you, they don't zoom in on the scar on the side of your head or whatever. If you look at the whole package you're more likely to feel better about yourself.

WC2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am in love with mirrors. Maybe it's just the damn good looking motherf*cker I see every time I look at one.

But in all seriousness, if you aren't happy with your image, don't hide from it; change it.

When I see a fat person who is unhappy with his figure, but still eats and acts like a pig, I know I'm looking at one of the laziest people known to man. If you can't get off your ass to make yourself look better, what CAN you get off your ass to do?

Ambition Now

Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
I used to have a problem with mirrors. I've noticed how some bathrooms have very harsh light, very uncomplimentary, while others have kinder light. I think some of it has to do with what angle the light is coming from, it may be an unnatural lighting. People are usually lit from above, and in some bathrooms the light is blasting into your face. Anyway.

Have you ever heard of body dysmorphia, where people think they're ugly? I was reading that when they look at themselves they tend to focus in on one little spot, one little flaw, and they can't see past that. If you look into a mirror and are freaked out about your scalp or whatever, step back and look at the whole picture, your whole face and your whole body. That's what people see when they look at you, they don't zoom in on the scar on the side of your head or whatever. If you look at the whole package you're more likely to feel better about yourself.
Body dysmorphic disorder really sucks, i used to have it in my youth but now I got it under control.

Ive never took any medication or therapy for it but managed to get over it by myself, but if its bothering you too much to the point that you are obsessing about it, you should see a doctor.

WC2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
San Jose California said:
I disagree with the saying "mirrors never lie". Have you ever heard of mirror magic? It's when you look different in different mirrors cuz the mirror and lighting is different. Mirrors aren't reliable because how you think you look when you're doing things isn't equivalent to how you really look, so the only way to see how you really are is on video tape.
Find me a mirror that can hide 200lbs of fat and I'll find you a woman that can suck 5 d!cks at the same time.

Ambition Now

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mirrors dont lie, our perception is what may change... its all about your body image.

BigJimbo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have yet to find a mirror that doesn't make me want to make love to myself. Sorry, just the honest to God truth.

Remember in the movie "Mask" when that big freak Rocky Dennis finds a mirror that makes him look normal? That was some fvcking scary sh-t! I want to find that mirror and see if it lies to me or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGOn9XQNz1E&feature=related
Sorry, but even this dude got a decent looking blind girl. Rocky 1 - You 0. Sad, just very sad. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

hydroheathen

Don Juan
Reaction score
ATP said:
I met a mirror once that made me pissed off. I'd been training heavy and eating a lot and I hade like some acne because of it and I was white as well. So I walked past it and got shocked by the image. I did what any man would have done I gave the mirror the finger. You know what happened then?

The ****ing mirror gave me the finger. I got ****ing shocked so I gave it the finger again and did an up yours sign... the mother****er did the same thing... So I told the mirror "Hey who the hell do you think you are giving me this much ****" and what do you know the mirror started getting pissed in my face.

I told the mother****er to stay there and I went and got a security guard and told him that he was messing with me and acting tough in my face. When we arrived at the mirror it seems the other guy had fetched a security guard as well.

That ****ing pissed me off and I told him... "It's down between us now.. you and me mother****er". The security guard walked away and then I punched the ****ing mirror straigh in the face... It broke..

"**** you *****" I said as I walked away with lats flared. Don't ****ing mess with ATP.

Edit: When I walked upstairs there were some security guards... I went like "**** *** and ******* you *********" and grabbed the security guard and went ***** on *** to ****** his ****** *********.

(BTW, if you don't like your image in the mirror start fixing it. If you are fat/skinny, lose/gain some weight, you are welcome in the H&F section where all the MEN gather instead of these ****ing PuA pussies. If you are really white go and get a tan. If your skin tone is bad then start eating healthier... etc... avoiding mirrors is avoiding the true issue. )
LOL :crackup:

bish0p

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The only mirrors I don't like are the ones in the clothing department changing rooms. For some reason, the clothes look good on me at the store, but when I get home and try the clothes on, I don't like the way I look in them.

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ATP said:

Thats some funny ****.

Im going to be bald in a few years.

Get tanned, get tanked. Stop being a *****.

n00bPimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can tell you from experience that the more you focus on your receding hairline, the faster it will fall. My hair started falling around 19yrs old and I'm now 25, my brother also started losing his hair at 18 and now his 27, but his head is much fuller than mines.
He can give 2 sh.ts about his hairline, but I went into a depression just because of it. The more you worry about it, the faster your follicles will die.