Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Ministry Of Sound appreciation thread

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^^ been there, done that. I was first turned onto SMD after Pete Tong played "It's the Beat' a couple months back and then I got 'Hustler' soon after. The video is :eek: my nature got hard like fossils :cheer: Simple concept but so damn sexy (I heard a remix with rick ross i didnt like later on also)

Supremo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ehhh ministry of sound is so-so.
what songs are their best would you say?
ive just downloaded a few to hear a taste and they arent anything special in my opinion.

but i love techno.
tiesto
dean
doboy
armin van buuren
all that

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Supremo said:
ehhh ministry of sound is so-so.
what songs are their best would you say?
ive just downloaded a few to hear a taste and they arent anything special in my opinion.
Wikipedia said:
Ministry of Sound is also a record label that produces many compilations each year, featuring many artists. These compilations are compiled from many different genres of music, but primarily the dance, house, and trance genres.
IOW, they are not an actual group or artist, but a nightclub that branched out into various branches of music, including make compilation CDs of the year's best electronic music

Supremo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Microphone Fiend said:
IOW, they are not an actual group or artist, but a nightclub that branched out into various branches of music, including make compilation CDs of the year's best electronic music
Right, but I mean, they mix songs like most DJ's do... what mixes are their best?

DrMetallica

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like MoS but its ****in well expensive! £17 entry fee, £2 for the coat, £6 for vodka-redbull....its all ****. Fabric is my favourite venue... Turnmills and the Cross are also ace.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Microphone Fiend said:
Just got a tiesto song, empty streets (late nite alumni) Its a great song. Right now I cant stop listening to Tocadisco but when I get some time I'll check out some Fedde Le Grand.

Anyone else got The Annual 07 or Clubber's Guide 07? First listen I found about 5-6 instant hits on each cd but most songs take a couple listens and then they start to grow on you
Tiesto is the sh*t! I own a ton of his stuff, some of his stuff is almost prolific lol!

I have the Annual 07 your description is pretty spot on about it. I listen to it in my car from time to time...but i own alot of music so it's not my favorite driving track.

bopeep

Reaction score
Anyone get the feeling recently that Ministry of Sound is more or less on autopilot at this point? Their compilations are getting BORING in my opinion... mostly they are just picking the top stuff off beatport, the minimal blippy junk, either that or commissioning dance cover versions of whatever crap is in the UK charts. Anyway. These days I prefer artist albums or compilations like this series (direct iTunes link) http://electricnation2010.com/tracks
:cheer: :woo: