Mini Success Story

Yorkex

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Broke up from a 3+ year relationship.
She found a new boyfriend within a month but we kept on touch. After a while I realized she was keeping in touch because she wanted me as back up in case her new relationship didn't work out.

Her mom suffered a severe disease so I went by the hospital to pay a visit , after the visit I told her I met a girl that I'm going to take serious so good luck to her as well. I put her in NC and started to work on my self and began dating around. I can't lie some nights were rough but I figured out a trick , that was to watch 1-2 documentaries each night.

Anyways fast forward and I get news from a friend of hers that her mom has passed away. I waited a day then sent her a message of condolences which she replied to. I didn't break & went back to NC , so she sends me the funeral information a week later which I didn't reply.

Today was the viewing ceremony , out of respect I decided to go because I knew her mom very well and she even said some high words to me before passing when I went to the hospital.
I showed up in confidence and grabbed a seat , I noticed once that she was staring at me from afar , I just kept my head up high and relaxed. At a point , I had a sense someone was looking at me so I checked to my left and it's her boyfriend , I just kept a relaxed face and kept my cool.

At the end , her boyfriend didn't visit her mother to pay final respect ( he was outside waiting ) , I got up waved to her friends and I visited the body for about 10 secs , I hugged her dad then hugged her 2 brothers and gave them words of encouragement. Then I finally approahed her as she was last in line , she looked at me dead in the the eye and she was confused as to what to do hug or shake my hand ...i took charge and hugged her , she said whispered thanks for coming I really appreciate it , I nodded and told her to keep her head up.

Signaled to my 2 buddies and my aunt and we walked out . Outside I was laughing with my buddy because he was scared to visit the body. I seen the boyfriend staring at me and I kept laughing. At 6"4 the dude comes up to my chest , I was looking good and finally felt like myself again.

I never for one second felt out of place , I felt good and looked good. And to visit the body and talk to the family showed my confidence , I walked out a better man.
At this point I wish her the best and feel sorry for the dude at the same time ; not my problem though !

Yorkex

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Woke up to 2 text messages @ 2 am.
Straight delete , didn't bother to read them.

old_skoolr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your an absolute champion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forget about gaming chicks and dj bull for a second.

You chose to go to your ex-gf mothers funeral because it was the right thing to do.

You chose to keep her at NC, yet attended the funeral, because even though you believe the chance of you 2 getting back together is gone, you wont let those emotions stop you from paying respects.

You chose to hug your ex-gf because you felt it was the right thing to do.

Kudos to you dude. Massive respect.

Yorkex

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Figured I will dig this thread back instead of creating a new one.

Seems like when you finally get it all together , they find a way to sneak back. This weekend my church is having a special event. Today after work I got a call from one of my church members who is a good friend and she basically said she wanted to give me a heads up because my Ex is coming to the event this weekend. Usually we send out invites to people to this special event and I'm guessing she sent my Ex one.
Last time I had contact with my ex was at the viewing ceremony ; after that she sent me some msgs but I didn't even bother to read or respond. .

I figured I will play it the same way as I did at the funeral viewing but my question is WHY is she making the effort to rub her boyfriend in my face.
Or should I just ignore her this time at the event ?

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yorkex said:
I figured I will play it the same way as I did at the funeral viewing but my question is WHY is she making the effort to rub her boyfriend in my face.
Or should I just ignore her this time at the event ?
And my question is WHY should you with your life care what she's doing or why?
Obviously yes you should keep ignoring her for your own sake.