Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Milk vs. Water vs. Supplement

Schizophrenia

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This may sound outright and dumb, but I'm curious.
Is drinking water essentially more beneficial to building a better physique than milk?
I'm not a super big person by any regards (5'11 165lbs 10%bf) however I've been considering trying a "protein" supplement to see if the gains are really worth my money.
I don't lift intense anymore (4 or 5 times a week) and my diet is rather steady (in the process of trying Diesel's "ripped" diet as seen in my previous post)

The gist of my post is: should I drink alot of water and pay no attention to milk (I put down about 3 quarts of water a day)? I mean, milk "builds strong bones and has calcium."
Or does it really make no difference what so ever?

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I usually drink milk with my protein shakes when I am not in a dieting phase... but if you are going to try my cutting diet, you should mix them with water, and you should definitely invest in whey protein powder, or else your meat budget will break the bank!!

just a thought,
D

FekTraz

Don Juan
Reaction score
If your diet has enough calcium intake then you should be fine, or if you take a mutli-vitmin with calcium in it, if not, i would suggest having 3 glasses of milk a day. They have fat free milk, and basically milk is milk dont worry about taste or anything.

Drinking water is essential, keep up your water intake, sounds like your doing alright

Viroid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How come we are the only species that drink other species milk?

I figure, through evolution, whatever comes out of a certain species tit is meant for that species offspring.

Maybe im biased cause I dont like milk.

Just something to think about.

Does anyone have any info about this?

Dr. Victor von Doom

Reaction score
nope.. i just like drinking milk. good enough for me.

peace,
D

p.s. as for the water - minimum 1 gallon if you are training. that's 4 quarts!!

ESPN

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Viroid
How come we are the only species that drink other species milk?

I figure, through evolution, whatever comes out of a certain species tit is meant for that species offspring.

Maybe im biased cause I dont like milk.

Just something to think about.

Does anyone have any info about this?
yes,
casein is not totaly disgested by the body(studies shows that at least in children, 50% or more of the casein is not digested), and its particles once in the bloodstream irritates the tissues and leads to allergies, also milk is extremely mucus forming, leads to nasal irritation, exccess nasal fluids and others
www.notmilk.com
www.milksucks.com

Mr. Mystery

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I heard that calcium in most foods, even milk, is not digested.

I recently started taking coral calcuim because the body is supposed to absorb it much faster. I haven't seen any special differences (I'm also taking whey powder, & multi-vitamins) but my mom and step dad have both seen exceptional results from the coral calcium.

Just a suggestion...

Mr. Mystery

xyzzy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think we just started drinking cow's milk for the random enjoyment of it.

It turns out that cow's milk is fairly close to human milk in terms of its percentages. Cow's milk has a little less fat, a little less sugar and about three times more protein than human milk does.

howstuffworks

Also, if you are of european decent, then you come from a long lineage of goat hearders that survived rough winters on milk. And you will have that certain enzyme which allows you to digest milk.

Last edited:

ESPN

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by xyzzy

It turns out that cow's milk is fairly close to human milk in terms of its percentages. Cow's milk has a little less fat, a little less sugar and about three times more protein than human milk does.
do i have to repeat?
you are not going to digest all that protein, it gonna fukk you system, this comparison with human milk is ridiculous, nature made human milk for humans it has the exact quantities babies need,if you look humans milk it has lactoalbumin which is easy to humans digest, and besides that, if you are using milk as source of protein, get out here
wanna drink milk? go ahead, drink all you can, fukk you body, your health for 1 minute of pleasure

flava

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
this whole milk thing is a bunch of bs. i drink a quart of milk every day along with my protein shakes and iv never felt better. just over the last 6 months of intense training ive gained 32lbs of muscle.before i was 5'11 148lbs 12%bf now im 6'0 180lbs. 9.5% bf i still got about 15 more lbs of muscle to add and cut off 3% more bf to lose before i cut back but it was milk that has helped alot