Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

milk is bad... then answer this

md3sign

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with milk anymore than there's anything wrong with beef, eggs, tuna, or any other healthy food.

Too much = bad, but that can be said for anything.

Yes, a gallon/day of whole milk might not be the best idea (as I personally found out lol), but a few glasses of 2%, 1%, or skim (if you can handle the taste) is perfectly ok and good for you.

Obviously if you're lactose intolerant you probably don't want to stuff it down regardless, but I've been blessed with a great tolerance for dairy products after a couple weeks of consuming them regularly.

I'm perfectly content with drinking half a gallon of organic 2%/day (mostly in-between meals and as part of shakes).

Also, lowfat milk has a GREAT nutritional profile. The fat/carbs/protein ratio is pretty much perfect for a clean bulk.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
md3sign said:
There's nothing wrong with milk anymore than there's anything wrong with beef, eggs, tuna, or any other healthy food.
milk is NOT a healthy food.

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you guys aware that you can drink lactose-free milk? I have an extremely high level of lactose intolerance because I used to drink normal milk as a kid (my parents found out I was lactose intolerant when I was already 7 yrs old) and it fùcked me up. However, now I drink like 3 liters of lactose-free milk a day and I'm perfectly comfortable with that.

RyanC

Reaction score
So does that mean that lactose free milk is good for you? :p Because i am lactose intollerant, so i drink milk called lactaid, its lactose free.

manuva

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No lactose free milk isn't good for you.

No milk, however processed or unprocessed, is good for you. It's poison for your digestive system.

It's for infant cows, not humans. There is so much research out there for people interested in preserving their health. Try google for info, there's just too much to post here.

Road Demon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Whole milk and associated products with high 'butter fat' have alot of cholesterol and saturated fat.

Their was movement years ago to drink " 1% or less." Their is no reason to drink milk with more than 1% milk fat, skim is better.

Some arguement that it has some antibiotics and other 'hormones."

The enzyme lactase is produced by most babies, then the enzyme is no longer made beyond a certain young age. Most individuals (Not all) of Northern European & Slavic descent seem to continue to produce the enzyme throughout their lifetime, has something to do with the intimate association consuming milk products for many generations.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually it's the butterfat that makes milk products digestable hence why few people have problems with cheese (which I eat in large amounts because I'm weak like that). I can eat cheddar all day long but give me a glass of skim milk and well.. it gets messy. :D

As for antibiotics and other hormones, it's true that commercial dairies inject their produce with such, hence why children brought up on cow's milk have weak immune systems (and then get further prescribed antibiotics by doctors! lol). And this is to say nothing of the blood and fecal matter that makes its way into the milk we drink.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
counterpoint to the thesis that "milk is poison"... if you're lactose tolerant, it absolutely is not. in fact, in some populations it appears to have given such a reproductive advantage that lactose tolerant individuals left TEN times as many descedents in some cases & the gene spread very rapidly.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/11/science/11evolve.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

Don't drink milk if you're lactose intolerant.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
manuva said:
It's for infant cows, not humans.
Think about this for a second... milk is one of the few substances out there that we consume that is specifically designed for consumption by a mammal. Most of the other stuff we consume is not "intended" for us to consume. Many of the most healthy foods for us (I'm particularly thinking here of leafy greens) do their damndest to poison us, but we've developed adaptations to make them digestible!

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've always had skim milk with my protein shakes. I don't see what the big deal is about milk and what not.