Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Michigan vs Ohio St: It all comes down to this

Who will win Nov 18th Mich vs Ohio St game?

• Ohio St.

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For those of you following college football, or if you haven't been living under a rock for the past month, I'm sure you're aware of what is going on in the world of college football. Arguably the biggest rivalry in all of sports is about to face off in a game players only dream of. Michigan 2 vs Ohio St 1. 2 undefeated teams face off to determine once and for all who is the better team.

Not only is the ohio st michigan game the most important game of the year for these two schools, this year is even more important because now the two schools are fighting for the national championship spot. And I can say, this is going to be one hell of a battle.

Let's break it down.

Michigan's coach: Lloyd carr. 7 and 4 against OSU, but only 1 and 4 since Jim Trussel took over.

Michigan Offense:
Led by Chad Henne at Qb, a smart level headed QB who's great at scanning the field and calling the right play. With power houses on his receiving unit and a stellar running back he's always mixing it up on the defense and is very hard to read. He also has a great ability to sense if he's about to get sacked and can shake tackles. All this coming from a junior. Lloyd carr made the right choice when deciding to start henne as a freshman, and he's developed into a phenom of a quarterback.

Backfield: Mike Hart. Mike hart is a very shocking running back. He finds holes that are not even seen, and has amazing leg strength to get 2-3 yards even when 3 guys are trying to tackle him. A very impressive running back just by his speed and leg strength, but when you also add in that he has 1 fumble since 2004, giving him the ball almost guarantees yards. However Ohio St's defense usually has an annoying habit of holding Michigans running game to a hault. All eyes have been on Hart after missing the majority of last season due to an ankle injury, but he's back and even more ferocious then before.

Receivers: Michigan has 3 stellar receivers that continuously put up yards.

Mario Manningham: Michigan's star receiver, amazing at the long ball but often has trouble in the short to mid throws. He's been injured for several weeks (shoulder) but he seems to be back and in good health for this weekends game. With great speed and agility he's sure to be the player to watch.

Adrain Arrington: Really took over after Manningham was injured. Makes amazing catches even if the ball isn't thrown perfect. Watch for him to be the intermediete threat this weekend.

Steve Breaston: Michigans backup running back after Hart's injurt last season converted to receiver. This guy is quick, powerful, and great hands. He's not who henne looks for first, but he has the ability to make big plays and can work his way around the secondary. Watch for him to be henne's short receiver.

Defense: Michigan's defense is more or less solid this year. With an amazing rushing defense averaging somewhere around 30 yards rushing per game. Except Michigan in previous years have had a serious problem stopping a quarterback who has the ability to run (Texas, OSU). They haven't really been challenged this year but with how well they're shutting down the running it will be exciting to watch. Their secondary is also good but can make mistakes that will turn into huge losses.

Ohio State

Coach: Jim Trussel. 4 and 1 against michigan. After the somewhat shaky 2004 season Jim Trussel is back with a powerhouse of a team.

Offense:
Troy smith: All around a great quarterback. Smart, good arm, and has the ability to run it up field if the play breaks down. Michigan's had a very hard time against him in the past years and with stellar receivers like Ted Ginn Jr, he's going to be ferocious in the backfield and Michigan's defense is going to need to play amazing to shut him down.

Running:
Antonio Pittman: A great running back with over 1000 yards rushing. He's a threat to be dealt with, but it will be exciting to see if Michigans defense will be able to shut him down like the other running backs they've come up against.

Receiving:
Ted Ginn Jr.: Ohio st's go-to guy. Great hands and incredible speed. If michigan's secondary lets him slip by he'll be gone and for 6 before they notice. Not so powerful in the short and intermediate zones, but his speed and agility make up for his soft hands in these zones. Definetely will test Michigans secondary.

Anthony Gonzalez: I really don't know much about him, except that with averaging 15 yards a carry michigan will have to keep a close eye on him or else they'll be torn up.

Defense: Ohio st has an all around great defense. The rush protection isn't as impressive as michigan but they still stop teams from getting points. Watch for a powerful secondary to try and shut down michigans receiving and a quick line for sacks.

It's going to be an exciting game and it's hard to say who's going to win at this point. Ohio St. is the favorite by 7 points right now, but things could go either way. This game brings out the best in both teams and don't expect anything. Even though people think Ohio st is the better team season's have been ruined because of this game even if one team is undefeated and the other hadn't won a game. This is their national championship game, even if they don't get a trophy.

I hope you're as excited as I am :)

M go blue!

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Feel free to discuss/make predictions.

I for one see Michigan 24 to Ohio st 17

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like Ohio State 27 Mich 17. I think the Buck eyes have too much offencive atheletes/weapons even for Michigans impressive defense.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ohio State all the way. Ted Ginn Jr is the fastest person ive seen. Ohio State 35 Mich 14...jea.

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Michigan 28 OSU 21

I think it would be a blowout if Michigan was playing at home. But alas they're not so I think a td difference is appropriate.

P.S. I hate to break it to you guys, but OSU/Mich ain't got s.hit on Florida/Florida State rivalry! You wanna talk about this game being for the national title. That may be so, but Florida/Florida State battled for the national title aspirations almost every year between 93-01 (not to mention the fact that the 96 national title game itself was between UF and FSU). We're talking about a rivalry that, after the game's done, the fans have to go back to work and school...with each other! They don't get to cross back into their individual states! We're talking entire families being split, lifelong friendships destroyed, over a football game. The series is filled with its great moments. "The Choke at the Doak", "The Rally at Tallahassee", "The Greatest Game Ever Played in the Swamp", etc. And as far as just pure hatred of each other, there's no two teams anywhere in the United States that hate each other more than the Gators and Seminoles hate each other.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the michigan OSU rivalry has a couple years on the Florida/Florida St rivalry. And I'm not sure how far you think Ann arbor is from south bend, but it's not exactly a treck. Of course regionally the games importance is different. Talk to people in texas and Texas OU is the biggest rivalry. The michigan OSU rivalry has been around since the 1800's. I don't think florida can say that :) ESPN actually just had a poll up about which rivalry is the biggest and Michigan OSU ranked number 1 over texas OU, florida/fl st, navy army, etc. So it's not just us that realize how huge this game is.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vincent said:
The michigan OSU rivalry has been around since the 1800's.
Around since the 1800's and this upcoming game may be the most imporant one in history. I'm actually taking a day off of work to watch this game:eek: and trust me when I say that NEVER happens. The rivalry is just too much to bear for this old soul. I'll have to coupe with it at the bar:)

Reaction score
Michigan is going to win. Hands Down.

But this is a really biased prediction seeing as how I live in Ann Arbor.

LA_Chico

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
im for michigan bros!

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
definitely the biggest rivalry in sports, and now 1 vs 2, last game of the season...HUGE. maybe the biggest non champ game ever.

i'm a USC fan and if USC wins out, they're playing in the BCS. human polls will bend toward a rematch, but to secure it for USC...

(assuming USC wins out!)...

OSU blowout puts USC in, 100%.

UM blowout puts USC in, 99%. lol

OSU in a squeaker puts USC in, 90%?

UM in a squeaker puts USC in, 90%?

any OSU vs UM squeaker, AND USC blowing everyone else out puts USC in 110%, given their strength of schedule. humans and computers will be very kind to USC in the next 2-3 games, esp with a win (BLOWOUT!) of ND next week. SC's numbers will skyrocket.

so bascially, i don't give a sh!t, lol. i just want USC to blowout everyone. that puts them in.

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vincent said:
I think the michigan OSU rivalry has a couple years on the Florida/Florida St rivalry. And I'm not sure how far you think Ann arbor is from south bend, but it's not exactly a treck. Of course regionally the games importance is different. Talk to people in texas and Texas OU is the biggest rivalry. The michigan OSU rivalry has been around since the 1800's. I don't think florida can say that :) ESPN actually just had a poll up about which rivalry is the biggest and Michigan OSU ranked number 1 over texas OU, florida/fl st, navy army, etc. So it's not just us that realize how huge this game is.
Most people are gonna be saying michigan/ohio state nowadays.

1. Army/Navy have sucked for the past 50 years
2. That poll was taken in the midst of this season, which has done nothing but hype UM/OSU all year long
3. People just generally don't know their stuff.

Yes OSU and Mich have a huge rivalry, and they've been at it much longer than UF/FSU (about 50 years worth). But you know what? 104 or something years and this is the first time they meet as number 1 and 2? Florida and Florida State have met as number 1 and 2 mulitiple times in the past decade alone! And like I said, their games seemingly almost always had national title aspirations at stake and as a matter of fact, in 96 (OSU and Mich have a shot this year) they were the title game. It doesn't get any bigger than that, I promise you.

seanchai

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This coverage makes me wish I went to one of these schools. The Apple Cup ain't got sh¡t on this.

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ValleyDJing said:
Most people are gonna be saying michigan/ohio state nowadays.

1. Army/Navy have sucked for the past 50 years
2. That poll was taken in the midst of this season, which has done nothing but hype UM/OSU all year long

Yes OSU and Mich have a huge rivalry, and they've been at it much longer than UF/FSU (about 50 years worth). But you know what? 104 or something years and this is the first time they meet as number 1 and 2? Florida and Florida State have met as number 1 and 2 mulitiple times in the past decade alone! And like I said, their games seemingly almost always had national title aspirations at stake and as a matter of fact, in 96 (OSU and Mich have a shot this year) they were the title game. It doesn't get any bigger than that, I promise you.

My Seminoles are on a downward slope, though. Oh, how happy I will be if we somehow pull off an upset next week.

dakota

Don Juan
Reaction score
ValleyDJing said:
Florida and Florida State have met as number 1 and 2 mulitiple times in the past decade alone!
I am not sure how that is possible since the first regular season meeting between ANY teams ranked 1 and 2 prior to texas-osu at the start of this year was back in 1996. Its one thing to hype your favorite rivalry, but try and not embelish the facts.

furthermore I remember going to OSU games in the late 70's and early 80's.. yeah we played Florida state a couple times in the shoe... but they were like a nobody on the national radar back then

seanchai

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
seanchai said:
This coverage makes me wish I went to one of these schools. The Apple Cup ain't got sh¡t on this.
Turns out the Apple Cup had some sh¡t on it. They were both good games.

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ValleyDJing said:
i don't think they've ever matched up as #1 & #2. FSU/Miami is a way bigger "rivalry" in terms of national championship do or die. they played a bunch of times in the 90's, each ranked in the top 10.

rivalry is more about the history and tradition. legends of the game, etc. the days prior to it, etc. OSU/UM is so huge it's silly. two states basically stop functioning on about wednesday.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/591649.html

i would agree with their rivalry rankings, esp #2 USC/ND. in the 1920s they had to travel by train cross country! and the last couple years, it's been elevated moreso. last year's win over ND was legendary. 4th & 9 baby...to be remembered forever. on my b-day too :) next week is huge, probably #2 vs #5 (ish).

USC makes the list twice, with the USC/UCLA rivalry, ahead of even Florida/FSU as scout.com sees it. usually they play ND and UCLA back to back.

ValleyDJing said:
yes, that is totally true ;-)

Last edited:

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dakota said:
I am not sure how that is possible since the first regular season meeting between ANY teams ranked 1 and 2 prior to texas-osu at the start of this year was back in 1996. Its one thing to hype your favorite rivalry, but try and not embelish the facts.

furthermore I remember going to OSU games in the late 70's and early 80's.. yeah we played Florida state a couple times in the shoe... but they were like a nobody on the national radar back then
Well they did square off twice as numbers 1 and 2 in 1996 alone, first in the last game of the regular season, and then technically during the national title game. Last I checked, 2 or twice was qualified to be called "mulitple". But I was referring more to the 1990's than the 2000's as far as what I meant by the past decade. I think they were both number one and two somewhere in the range of 93, 94, 95. I could be wrong, could be. But my point about the OSU/Mich game being for the right to go the the national title is pretty old news for the Gators and 'Noles still rings true; a been there done that sort of thing. Oh well, I guess ESPN needs something to talk about for ratings purposes.

And what the f.uck happened to Ohio State? I was at another college game watching the scoreboard, Ohio State was up two td's, then all of the sudden it was a 3 point game. So I want an unbiased opinion from someone who saw the game. Was there some questionable officiating to try and make the score closer so the game could live to its hype? And don't play like you don't know what I mean. ESPN and the rest of the sports world has been sucking on ohio state and michigan's d.icks all season long, they just couldn't possibly have a blowout in that game now could they? *sarcasm*

p.s. todd I'm gonna have to agree with you FSU/Miami is huge too. I'd say that rivalry is bigger than OSU/Mich as well.