Met Online Girl After 8 Years

BULL3TPR00F

Don Juan
Reaction score
There is a girl i've been talking to online for 8 years and I finally met her this weekend with our friends. We had a great time and I made out with her. She lives about 6 hours away, and I'm willing to work at having a LDR. She said she had a great time with me but wants to figure out things with her ex boyfriend first. I told her how I felt about her and left it at that. What do I do now?

P.S. We didn't plan on ever meeting. We just happened to be going on vacation to the same place the same day.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's so great about this woman that you want to have an LDR with her while she works things out with her ex-boyfriend?

ghp

Don Juan
Reaction score
samspade said:
What's so great about this woman that you want to have an LDR with her while she works things out with her ex-boyfriend?
This

AmIAFC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
BULL3TPR00F said:
There is a girl i've been talking to online for 8 years and I finally met her this weekend with our friends. We had a great time and I made out with her. She lives about 6 hours away, and I'm willing to work at having a LDR. She said she had a great time with me but wants to figure out things with her ex boyfriend first. I told her how I felt about her and left it at that. What do I do now?

P.S. We didn't plan on ever meeting. We just happened to be going on vacation to the same place the same day.
Translation: "I want to know for sure if my ex-boyfriend, whom I put above you quite easily, is really over me, then and only then would I consider graduating you beyond your current status as my plan b/c/d/e. Until that fateful day, tell me me more about my eyes...."

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm willing to work at having a LDR
You cannot do proper emotional maintenance on a woman you don't see regularly.

She said she had a great time with me but wants to figure out things with her ex boyfriend first.
Her ex has a better chance at having a relationship with her than you do.

Use long distance chicks for occasional lays. It's useless to attempt building a relationship over distance.

bmp2cpm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
BULL3TPR00F said:

Normally, I would say that you two have invested in this over the years and have been chatting for so long because it's safe and neither one of you has to get close, to know real intimacy.

However, you're both kind of young, so my first guess may be wrong here. Bottom line, close relationship > LDR.

Seek closeness and intimacy as they are the best ways to grow as a person, LDR's not so much.

BULL3TPR00F

Don Juan
Reaction score
Her ex BF lives further away than I do and they haven't dated that long. But she's known him for a while because it's her cousins friend.

Greasy Pig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Any woman who said that shyt to me wouldn't see me for dust. GTFO OP, don't waste your time on any woman who doesn't make you a high priority.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
You are heading for the friendzone. She's not that interested. Go talk to other women.

Case closed.