Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Met a new girl, mutual strong attraction from the get-go. Too good to be true?

Brighty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Essentially we met a few weeks back at a party but didn't really talk to each other until a few weeks later, and we had been texting for a few days before we both spent St. Patties together and ended up making out. Even though we were drunk, we ended up having a really deep conversation, which is different to say the least and we both admit that we felt a strong connection. I ended up walking her back to her room that night and kissed her goodnight with her saying "I'm really, really glad I met you". I've been with a few girls since I broke up with my ex at the beginning of this year and I don't really remember feeling so sure of a girl (hell, I don't even remember feeling like this with my ex when we first met), which is a great thing.

The catch is that I broke up with my BPD girlfriend two months ago and she broke up with her boyfriend little over a month ago after he cheated on her. My ex was emotionally toxic and took a toll on me, but I would consider myself almost entirely over it by now and I've been dating a few girls before I met this new one since then. I don't know much about what she's done then and frankly its none of my business, but its not like she's the type of girl who would have a hard time finding a relationship to say the least with the way she looks. As it stands now, we've been texting a lot and this morning she even hinted that she wanted to hang out or something (like, in the morning as well), which with all of my previous relationships there hasn't been that kind of initiation from a girl RIGHT from the get-go.

It's just a shame that with my past experiences with a BPD girl (See here: http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=170713 towards the bottom for my post about her) and all of these posts on the forums about BPD girls have made me wary about my feelings and hers just being a product of circumstance and not genuine.

Just wondering what your guys' thoughts are on this. Have you ever met a girl and the mutual attraction has just been powerful from the get-go? Am I right to second-guess this, are we both just on the rebound, or is this something genuine?

Last edited:

cmr662

Don Juan
Reaction score
First, go slowly or you will likely lose her. She (and you) just got out of a relationship and she probably views this as something interesting and fun. If you guys start talking and hanging out too much, your time together will lose some of it's luster.

As an aside, you need to remember in this beginning period that you could be a rebound guy, and that she could still go back to her ex. You don't want to be in that situation.

Overall, it sounds like you've gotten some good chemistry and made a connection, so good job on that, just play it very carefully and don't get sucked in too deep too soon. Best of luck.

Brighty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cmr662 said:
First, go slowly or you will likely lose her. She (and you) just got out of a relationship and she probably views this as something interesting and fun. If you guys start talking and hanging out too much, your time together will lose some of it's luster.
Yeah, I know how to play the escalating game and all of the do's and don'ts. She's the one talking, I keep the texts concise and brief.

cmr662 said:
As an aside, you need to remember in this beginning period that you could be a rebound guy, and that she could still go back to her ex. You don't want to be in that situation.
I've been mindful of it, and the thought definiately crossed my mind. I'm not emotionally invested in this by any means after only knowing her a few days, God no, but I just thought it was unique how quickly we hit it off.

cmr662 said:
Overall, it sounds like you've gotten some good chemistry and made a connection, so good job on that, just play it very carefully and don't get sucked in too deep too soon. Best of luck.
Thanks man and thanks for your advice.