Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

mental lapse due to taking anti-depressant?

picard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you have mental lapse due to taking anti-depressant? My head feels like a ton of solid lead when I try to troubleshoot PC at work. It takes me longer for my brain to boot up everyday.

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yup. I was on paxil for awhile and i was completly zoned out. Dazed and confused. I quickly dropped the crap and decided to deal with my issues on my own terms... and not try and cover the problem up with pills. (that's all they are doing; masking the problem. the second you stop taking the meds, your problems will come back, and potentially will be worse because of the chemical imbalance the pills, or lack of pills, creates.)

If you just started taking them, it'll take a while for your body to adjust.

If you have any doubts as to wether you should be on them... stop taking them. Foir every person who probbaly needs some pills, there's about 10 who really don't.

Do some research on your meds. find a forum like this one and ask questions. There are more horror stories then you'd want to know about. Educate yourself, cuz you ARE fvcking with your brain chemistry and it probably isn't a good thing, over the longterm.

GirlCrazy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I took Lexapro for about a month to quit smoking. It worked. I had no desire to smoke, but then again I had no desire to do anything.

After a month of not getting any work done, and no interest in sex, I stopped taking them and went back to smoking.

Educate yourself, cuz you ARE fvcking with your brain chemistry and it probably isn't a good thing, over the longterm.
Agreed that you should know what you're putting into your body, but having a beer or cup of coffee also alters your brain chemistry. Fear, anger, happiness, etc., alter your brain chemistry as well.

Obsessing over your brain chemistry alters it too ;)

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why would you trust giant pharmaceutical companies to fvck with the seratonin in your brain? They care more about their profits than your health.

http://www.prozactruth.org/

Read the horror stories that these drugs are causing for people. It's not worth it.

taosk8r

Don Juan
Reaction score
SSRIs are the most dangerous, and innefective drugs that have ever been marketed.. They also cause permanent brain damage.. The serotonin builds up to critical levels in your brain and you go colombine, like Phil Hartman's wife, or Princess Diana's chauffeur.. Nasty nasty drugs.. Quit them, but quit them slowly so you dont get toxic shock syndrome..