Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Men who marry again and again -- perpetual betas?

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just saw an interview with Kelsey Grammer, whose awful divorce was in the news and on reality TV for all to see. And now he's married again, but this time the girl is "different" from all the other ex's.

Then I think of Paul McCartney, who recently got married after his last wife tried to rape him financially (and ended up semi-raping him).

Then I wonder... what sort of lunatic continually gets married and never learns? I'm thinking: a perpetual beta? Could this be true? Are these guys just AFCs who never lost their AFCness, even with their fame and fortune?
:eek:

Buddha_Mind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People get married for all sorts of reasons. Some who re-marry are likely going into it a different way. I don't think just because something failed in life, means all post-attempts will be a failure.

Celebrity relationships are hard to really use as a metaphor or analogy to your own life. The sorts of things they deal with, and often the incredible self-aggrandizement, likely makes successful relationships very hard anyways. When you put two egotistical spot-light-seekers in a relationship together, it's no wonder they don't always work out.

I wouldn't think too much about Paul McCartney's marriages or Kelsey Grammar's marriages in relationship to the non-celebrity life. I would bet most of those marriages revolve around the monetary and material compensations that the union will provide, or perhaps even the benefits to career advancement or success.

A true genuine care and concern for one another might not be at the root of their "coming together".

People probably re-marry because they are wanting a good relationship despite the failings of the past. It is probably possible too to have a good second marriage, if lessons are taken, or self-reflection is utilized. I've known some people who were miserable for years, got divorced, and not long after met someone they truly felt connected to. I suppose there are dark anecdotes too of the guy who marries his fifth time and fails. But there are always doom and failure stories relating to anything (weight loss, drug addiction, career, etc, etc).

Probably a person's success boils down to their determination and willingness to act to improve.

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dunno man, I would think whether you're a celeb or not, if you constantly get buttraped when you attempt something, you'd eventually wise up. I'd think it would be even more important for the really rich to figure that out sooner than later.

Unless of course.. they're perpetual betas ;)

macagent

Don Juan
Reaction score
once is all it takes for me, i'll not marry again.

romangod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a friend whose wife left him after 20 years of marriage. He's desperately on the market for another woman. His reason? He said he didn't like coming home to an empty house.

He's quite well off yet somewhat naive and utopian when it comes to women. He still believes in fairy tales and the living happily ever after scenario.

Is he a Beta?

Personally, I think he is although he's a good guy and a good friend. Being married for so long he forgot what it's like to spend time with himself or questioning what was wrong in his thinking.

His divorce doesn't seem bitter but another friend who was tortured and bankrupt in his divorce just shakes his head in amazement at his folly.

He has 3 older kids and is now free to date and screw whoever he wants. He's free! Yet he pines to be trapped again thinking the next one will be different.

I wish him well but more importantly, I wish him wisdom.

Cheers!

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Zarky,
"Then I think of Paul McCartney, who recently got married after his last wife tried to rape him financially (and ended up semi-raping him)."Hmm there is a Scenario that could challenge even John Masters,being raped by a One legged Woman..LOL

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zarky said:
Then I think of Paul McCartney, who recently got married after his last wife tried to rape him financially (and ended up semi-raping him).
I think the case with Paul McCartney was that his first marriage was so good (his first wife Linda died of breast cancer) that he got blindsided when he married Heather Mills. Things had gone well with his first wife, and he probably didn't realize how things could go wrong.

Last edited:

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Roman God,
"He's desperately on the market for another woman. His reason? He said he didn't like coming home to an empty house."...A Beta?...
not necessarily so...20 Years is a Bluddy long time,nearly a true life sentence in English legal terms....When you think about it you have to do multiple Murders to get that much porridge...So this poor Mate of yours is conditioned,not easy for him to adjust...Some years ago,being similarly placed,my answer was,to get a couple of Boarders,gave me a bit of Tin to blow on Ladies,and at night a bit of company...I also got my Old Dog back,that was important then I resurrected an Old interest in Ballroom Dancing....Took about six months,to establish a new routine...Once I got my confidence back,when she tearfully knocks on the Door,wanting to come back again,I took her in,fvucked her,but blew the whole charade,by laughing in her face as she told me how much she loved me....Not clever,she rang the Wallopers,said I had raped her...Being very drunk,she hadn't thought it through,contradicted herself several times,then withdrew the accusations...I was lucky to get out of that one,interesting though,as she disappeared into the sunset,the Old Sergeant winked at me and said to his Off-Sider,"Constable,that Woman was Drunk and you let her drive away?

Buddha_Mind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zarky said:
Dunno man, I would think whether you're a celeb or not, if you constantly get buttraped when you attempt something, you'd eventually wise up. I'd think it would be even more important for the really rich to figure that out sooner than later.

Unless of course.. they're perpetual betas ;)
Well making money and being good with women are likely two entirely different skill sets...one does not necessarily facilitate the other.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
I think the case with Paul McCartney was that his first marriage was so good (his first wife Linda died of breast cancer) that he got blindsided when he married Heather Mills. Things had gone well with his first wife, and he probably didn't realize how things could go wrong.
BINGO! Paul had an incredibly supportive woman who thought she was the luckiest woman in the world to be able to snag the "good looking" Beatle. I guess that he figured he is 1-1, so he gave it another shot.