Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Men On Strike

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Old world thinking from an old man is hilarious, you didn't die young like every other person did in the old world yet youll propagate their way of thinking as if you did, classic boomer take.
If I was only a Boomer...

Let me know how sitting around crying about everything being unfair, thinking that "hard work" is taking 15 minutes out of every hour at your job to actually get off your phone to do what you are being paid for and having no ambition to make anything of your life works out for you...

Like most young guys, I think you'll find not very well.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I was only a Boomer...

Let me know how sitting around crying about everything being unfair, thinking that "hard work" is taking 15 minutes out of every hour at your job to actually get off your phone to do what you are being paid for and having no ambition to make anything of your life works out for you...

Like most young guys, I think you'll find not very well.
You are a boomer, age doesn't make somebody a boomer, it's the views they hold, you clinging to old world thinking and trying to push that same line of thinking onto others when that line of thinking does not bring you into fruition at all.

All I do on this forum is Preach having a purpose, no matter how many accounts you have, no matter how hard you try to paint that as otherwise, the posts just aren't there, your accusations are as baseless as the views you hold, doing things for the greater good or because "Its your role as a man" is much more likely to lead you into the position you are claiming we are preaching, but its all you.

Acting on your own best interest is the only way forward today as a man, anything else is bull****.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
You are a boomer, age doesn't make somebody a boomer, it's the views they hold, you clinging to old world thinking and trying to push that same line of thinking onto others when that line of thinking does not bring you into fruition at all.

All I do on this forum is Preach having a purpose, no matter how many accounts you have, no matter how hard you try to paint that as otherwise, the posts just aren't there, your accusations are as baseless as the views you hold, doing things for the greater good or because "Its your role as a man" is much more likely to lead you into the position you are claiming we are preaching, but its all you.

Acting on your own best interest is the only way forward today as a man, anything else is bull****.
LMAO...you younger people are like the blind leading the blind. In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

They think they know everything but they actually don't know their ass from their elbow most times.

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
- again a woman monetizing male issues. Its older but still..

-at the end of the day the writer will ALSO chase top dudes lol. Yall think pearly things type of women having sympathy with men, nah ,they just milk yall for monetary benefits.
+1. This is it.

You all think this woman gives a F about men? This woman wants money. How does she do that? ”Emphasize with men and be on their side“. She’s feeding into men’s fantasy.

It’s the same as a hot 20 something actress sleeping with the Alpha Dog in a movie, or young female singers singing about Beta Suckers. Both make money, both feed into fantasy.

Fantasy sells.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LMAO...you younger people are like the blind leading the blind. In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

They think they know everything but they actually don't know their ass from their elbow most times.
Talk about knowing your ass from your elbow, all i see you offer on here are meaningless platitudes alongside views that you'd rather pair with insults as opposed to insightful commentary, probably because they are hollow views to begin with.

I think it's time to step up your commentary a bit, the same old game is getting old, the same old posters saying the same old things who are likely the same old guy to begin with.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
OMG, you argue like a b1tch. Wahhhh.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are a boomer, age doesn't make somebody a boomer,
Age is the main qualifier for someone being a Boomer. Baby Boomers are defined as 1946-1964 births. @BackInTheGame78 was not born during those years and is not a Boomer.

it's the views they hold, you clinging to old world thinking and trying to push that same line of thinking onto others when that line of thinking does not bring you into fruition at all.
You can make a criticism of someone for having an outdated belief system. There are people in all generations who think in a outdated manner.

@SW15 what are YOUR thoughts so far as you're the one who actually read and finished this ish.
By today's standards, the assertions that Dr. Helen Smith makes in her book are less insightful and innovative. In the years since her book was published, there has been an explosion of YouTube channels and possibly even TikTok content creators that have taken some of the principles that she wrote about and expanded upon them further. Take for instance the Better Bachelor channel on YouTube. Joker of the Better Bachelor channel has made all the same points that Dr. Smith made and expanded upon them much further.

The one asset that Smith gets points for is credibility from academia and psychological circles for her credentialing and private practice work. Rollo Tomassi has only a bachelor's degree in Behavioral Psychology and mainly private sector, non-Psychology work experience. That enabled her to get a book published by a major publishing entity. "The Rational Male" was a self-published book.

I might have been the only one to read the book. It's possible that @The Duke read it too. At a minimum, @The Duke watched a video podcast with the author in 2016 that happened 3 years after the book's publication and likely touched upon topics from the book.

Last edited:

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Age is the main qualifier for someone being a Boomer. Baby Boomers are defined as 1946-1964 births. @BackInTheGame78 was not born during those years and is not a Boomer.

You can make a criticism of someone for having an outdated belief system. There are people in all generations who think in a outdated manner.

By today's standards, the assertions that Dr. Helen Smith makes in her book are less insightful and innovative. In the years since her book was published, there has been an explosion of YouTube channels and possibly even TikTok content creators that have taken some of the principles that she wrote about and expanded upon them further. Take for instance the Better Bachelor channel on YouTube. Joker of the Better Bachelor channel has made all the same points that Dr. Smith made and expanded upon them much further.

The one asset that Smith gets points for is credibility from academia and psychological circles for her credentialing and private practice work. Rollo Tomassi has only a bachelor's degree in Behavioral Psychology and mainly private sector, non-Psychology work experience. That enabled her to get a book published by a major publishing entity. "The Rational Male" was a self-published book.

I might have been the only one to read the book. It's possible that @The Duke read it too. At a minimum, @The Duke watched a video podcast with the author in 2016 that happened 3 years after the book's publication and likely touched upon topics from the book.
Im not here to derail so I'm not going to go back N fourth with you on this, only to suggest that we see these users here promote these ideas that a man should act as a traditional man and I'm somewhat in accordance with that, but those aspects I identify with, I can speak on why they are important.

An adherence to the traditional simply because it's what you've always done without being able to explain why that would benefit a man today is what I identify as the problem with the boomer mindset, these are people that can't explain why this adherence is important, because they don't understand what that adherence would even look like for a younger person today, that's why I say boomer is more than a term of age, but rather a term referencing the sheer ignorance in approaching a fundamentally different problem with the same answer as before, it's left the men who follow that adherence in a place where they followed but they don't know why, which in my mind is about as toxic as it gets, at least understand why your doing something, but then these same boomers complain men today aren't this and that, without realizing their ideas were followed without a positive result in most cases.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Look, enough with the generational finger-pointing already. Do you think Boomers had it so great? They faced the constant threat of nuclear annihilation, lived through actual drafted wars and civil unrest, and didn't have the technological conveniences you take for granted daily. Your generation is the most connected and technologically advanced and has the resources to make change. So stop whining about what you don't have.

Would you like to talk about challenges? Every generation has them. The difference is how you respond. You can either complain on social media or do something productive to better your circumstances and the world around you. It's time to stop blaming everyone else for your problems and take some personal responsibility. The world owes you nothing; it was here first. If you want something, work for it like everyone else.

And I'm solid Gen-X. Grow a set of gonads...jeez

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
You're quick to label the Boomer mindset as 'toxic,' attributing problems to a generation you claim doesn't 'get' the unique challenges you face. But let's be clear: life wasn't handed to Boomers on a silver platter. They navigated a world with its own hardships—economic downturns, social unrest, wars, and more. Their 'traditional' values were forged in the crucible of their challenges, not some idyllic paradise where everything was easy.

You argue that adhering to 'tradition' without questioning it is problematic, but have you stopped to think that maybe those traditions came from hard-earned wisdom? Not every old solution is irrelevant to new problems. Instead of dismissing an entire generation as ignorant, you could consider that there are enduring truths in what they've learned.

And by the way, this idea that 'Boomer' is a term for ignorance? That's reductive and unfair. You’re stereotyping a diverse group based on the year they were born. The irony shouldn't be lost on a generation that prides itself on fighting against stereotyping and promoting inclusivity. If you want people to understand you, how about extending the same courtesy to others instead of writing them off due to their age?

Blaming an older generation for following a path they believed to be correct, without recognizing that they too were products of their time, isn't just unfair; it's intellectually lazy. So, before you accuse Boomers of being the root cause of your problems, take a moment to examine the plank in your eye.

Im not here to derail so I'm not going to go back N fourth with you on this, only to suggest that we see these users here promote these ideas that a man should act as a traditional man and I'm somewhat in accordance with that, but those aspects I identify with, I can speak on why they are important.

An adherence to the traditional simply because it's what you've always done without being able to explain why that would benefit a man today is what I identify as the problem with the boomer mindset, these are people that can't explain why this adherence is important, because they don't understand what that adherence would even look like for a younger person today, that's why I say boomer is more than a term of age, but rather a term referencing the sheer ignorance in approaching a fundamentally different problem with the same answer as before, it's left the men who follow that adherence in a place where they followed but they don't know why, which in my mind is about as toxic as it gets, at least understand why your doing something, but then these same boomers complain men today aren't this and that, without realizing their ideas were followed without a positive result in most cases.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look, enough with the generational finger-pointing already. Do you think Boomers had it so great? They faced the constant threat of nuclear annihilation, lived through actual drafted wars and civil unrest, and didn't have the technological conveniences you take for granted daily. Your generation is the most connected and technologically advanced and has the resources to make change. So stop whining about what you don't have.

Would you like to talk about challenges? Every generation has them. The difference is how you respond. You can either complain on social media or do something productive to better your circumstances and the world around you. It's time to stop blaming everyone else for your problems and take some personal responsibility. The world owes you nothing; it was here first. If you want something, work for it like everyone else.

And I'm solid Gen-X. Grow a set of gonads...jeez
Without quantifying every factor that could aid in a negative outcome, why would we stop speaking on it? We are having a civil conversation about it, only you introduce the uncivil notions here, probably because your not informed enough to participate in the conversation to begin with.

All this energy your spending here you could be redirecting towards educating yourself about the topic at hand here so you can actually participate, your choice speaks to your poor character.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just because we may have been engineered to be a slave species (by the ET Annunaki of Sumerian lore) doesn't mean we have agreed to be slaves.

Last edited:

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Imo I do think we are owed by "the world" or society, whatever you want to call it, not to massively bullsh1t us.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Men on Strike" was written in 2013 and was really covering the behavior of older Millennials and later Gen X'ers.

When you consider the first half of the Millennial generation (1981-1988 birth years), these were the ones who had Boomer parents.

If you want to bring Boomers into the discussion here, keep it focused on the crap job that Boomers did parenting Millennials.

I think a lot of the Boomer divorces of the 1980s-early 2000s during the childhoods of Millennials taught Millennial children that marriage was a crap deal for men. Additionally, Millennial men saw the long term effects of Second Wave Feminism and crap Boomer parenting. Millennial men saw feminine privilege and it reduced their incentives to do things, including get married.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
All this energy your spending here you could be redirecting towards educating yourself about the topic at hand here so you can actually participate, your choice speaks to your poor character.
Quickly rewritten for more laughs at your expense:

Oh, it's adorable how you think you're in an intellectual duel when it's more like I'm playing chess and you're munching on the pieces. Your arguments? They have the depth of a kiddie pool and the stench of being raised in a maternal echo chamber.

No father figure to guide you through the complexities of rational thought, I assume? If you ever got around to sharing these grandiose ideas with him, would he even recognize you as his offspring?

Your discourse reeks of soy latte and overpriced avocado toast, a testament to your, let's say, 'unique' hormonal balance.

The lack of common sense is staggering; it's as if you're clinging to this topic like a desperate ex, completely oblivious to the fact that you're being schooled into oblivion.

So please, continue floundering around. Your attempts to think your way out of this debate are about as effective as a hamster wheel powering a Tesla. You're not just wrong; you're a comedy goldmine of wrongness.

Last edited:

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@CAPSLOCK BANDIT when multiple guys are on your case all saying pretty much the same thing, maybe you ought to sit back and ask yourself why that is. It's no different than our conversation the other day.

Your comment:
"Acting on your own best interest is the only way forward today as a man, anything else is bull****. "

This belief you have shows up in how you communicate. You definitely have some solid things to share, but you are grossly arrogant when it comes to anything that doesn't align with your narrow view point. Sometimes its good to sit back and chew on things a while. Self reflection. Seek to understand, then respond if needed. You are easily triggered.

Last edited: