Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Men can 'laugh women into bed'

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...men-into-bed-with-GSOH-say-psychologists.html

Men can 'laugh women into bed' with GSOH, say psychologists

Men really can laugh women into bed, because a sense of humour makes them seem more intelligent, psychologists have found.

A new study shows that women think that funny men are smarter and more likely to be honest than more dour counterparts.

Although studies have shown that humour is not linked to intelligence, researchers believe that the findings could be the reason why so many lonely heart ads placed by women list GSOH (good sense of humour) as a prerequisite for a partner.

Women have evolved to find intelligence an attractive quality because it suggests that a man will be a good provider for her and her children, the researchers believe.

Kristofor McCarty, from Northumbria University, who led the study, said: "A quick browse of lonely-hearts ads will confirm that women look for a good sense of humour in a potential partner – our research may explain why this is the case.

"The findings provide evidence that women use humour as an indication of a guy's intelligence.

"Intelligence is a very attractive quality as a clever man should be more able to provide resources for his offspring.

"But guys be warned: not just any gag will do. We discovered that the humour must be genuinely funny for the man to be judged as more intelligent."

James Corden, the comedy star of BBC hit Gavin and Stacey, has said that being funny helped him to attract women from his teenage years onwards.

“My weight was never a concern for me. I could always talk to them and make them laugh, so they tended to overlook my physical imperfections,” said Corden, who is currently dating actress Sheridan Smith.

To rate the attractiveness of a sense of humour in the study, 45 heterosexual women were asked to read shorts descriptions of themselves compiled by 20 men, 10 of which were scored as extremely funny and 10 as only slightly funny.

The women were than asked how intelligent and honest they thought that the men were and how likely they would be to go on to develop a friendship or a long-term relationship with them.

The findings, to be presented at the British Psychological Society Annual Conference in Brighton on Wednesday, show that men who used the funniest descriptions of themselves were thought to be significantly more intelligent than those who weren't as witty.

The women in the study also judged the men who had a good sense of humour as more honest and said that they would be more likely to become friends with them.

Funnier men were also seen as a better catch for a long-term relationship, according to the findings.

While women appear to prefer a men who makes them laugh, the psychologists say that previous studies have shown that the same does not hold true when the sexes are reversed - and men are not more attracted to funny girls.

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Obviously women hate boredom

Guys who can make women laugh are FUN, thus they are more attractive than a boring guy

It's not about intelligence, girls could care less about your intelligence UNLESS it translates into $$$ or humor

Luthor Rex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am too smart for my own good and have a great sarcastic wit. I have been told on more than one occasion I should do stand up. Neither of these things has helped me with the ladies though. Compatible personalities, outlook on life, and animal lust have done far more for me than my intelligence or humor.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Humor is an indicator of social prowess and is a "social lubricant". Pretty much a no-brainer.

edger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A state in America that'll unmercifully leave you
Luthor Rex said:
I am too smart for my own good and have a great sarcastic wit. I have been told on more than one occasion I should do stand up. Neither of these things has helped me with the ladies though. Compatible personalities, outlook on life, and animal lust have done far more for me than my intelligence or humor.
That's why guys out there shouldn't always take these various "studies" seriously.

In this world you're going to hear so many things. Somebody always has an answer for everything(especially on this board). That's why YOU must be the final judge when it comes to a particular topic, basing it on your own experience.

MisterMcGee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
being funny also shows that youre comfortable enough in your skin (so long as its not the type of comedy that belittles everything you see constantly. thats annoying, even from girls). it shows that you can take everything into perspective, and can help make dreary things seem brighter - you see the 'funny' in things, which is awesome in both partners and friends alike.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've always had the same sense of humour and good at making the girls laugh, but when I was poor, overweight and didn't have high social value, my GSOH didn't count for sh!t.

The real question here is how do you get paid to do "research" like this? I can do a few of those a day and make decent cash out of it! One of the "researchers" even looked at dating ads and made a conclusion out of what women posted! The rest didn't feel the need to take into account that women...gasp...lie! That's a pretty simple job to do, isn't it?

mothballs

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's all part of the total package... if you can make her laugh, you're that much higher on her list than someone who can't. The study isn't suggesting that it's the only thing that matters, it's just laying out the evidence that women value a good sense of humor.

Juando

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My new gf and I have had to take breaks during sex, after she comes, because she laughs so hard. I do take it as a good sign, sets us up for the next round.

This is new and I've been navigating my way into the relationship (I should do a FR, some really funny ASD, LMR), so I've been very aware of behavioral dynamics, but by far what has made the biggest difference is when I'm successful not so much at making her laugh, but when I don't take myself seriously- things really fly and both of us have a blast...

And yes, it's not a rigid situation, just as that sig about Make her laugh, think, come, suggests: it's a real DJ thing to balance the humor, the serious moments when joking around is disastrous, and (yum) love time.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
You survey women about what they find attractive in a man and expect them to KNOW? And even assuming they DID know, you expect them to tell the TRUTH??

Haven't you been here long enough to know better?

Being able to laugh and be funny in the presence of women is indicative of personal confidence and comfort with expressing your masculinity.

Chumps clam up when they get in the presence of a young woman. They try to pretend they're "not in a good mood" to cover up the fact that they're really afraid...they put on the mean, tough guy facade, serious, no jokes, no fun. Can't wait to get out of there. It's a typical defense mechanism. Women read this subconsciously and avoid these dudes.

The ones who are laughing, telling jokes, busting on the ladies, and having a good time "pass the test". But it's not the jokes and the humor that win the women over.

Just like everyone knows the guy who acts serious as a defense mechanism, they also know someone who's "class clown", who's always cracking jokes and trying to fool around. Many guys use THAT as a defense mechanism.

The difference is SINCERITY. Women can tell when humor, or lack thereof, comes from within and is congruent with who you are. They can also tell when humor, or lack thereof, comes from a defense mechanism, a facade you're putting up to keep them from knowing what you're REALLY thinking.

Women don't know this. It's all subconscious. So they'll tell you that it's the guy with the sense of humor that they love. But deeper down, they can tell a GENUINE sense of humor from a defensive facade. THAT is what they're looking for. A man who can express his masculinity through humor, rather than hide it through humor. That's the difference between a good sense of humor and a poor one.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My new gf and I have had to take breaks during sex, after she comes, because she laughs so hard. I do take it as a good sign, sets us up for the next round.
As long as she's not laughing when you drop your pants! :D

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Luthor Rex said:
I'm much the same way -- most of my humor is highly sarcastic (almost bordering on caustic). I have done stand up several times on open-mic nights and gotten very good reactions.

However, this kind of humor is usually poison with women -- especially in the early stages of the game. It can come off as overly negative, *****y, and in some instances offending if the subject of the humor is something close to whatever she believes in.

You've just gotta change your style up when you're around women. It's not enough to be funny, you've got to be fun-funny.

samspade said:
As long as she's not laughing when you drop your pants! :D
True story -- I was having sex with this woman a couple months back, and I went to slap her on the backside while things were going strong. It made this comically loud "smacking sound" and we both, simultaneously, broke out in a fit of giggles that turned into laughter. Broke the mood entirely for about a minute.

She was a cool girl that way, though.

Four_Aces

Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post. K+

Interesting how they link humor and intelligence from an evolutionary point of view.

CptnFantastic

Reaction score
An easier way is to make yourself into a masculine man to whom women would naturally be drawn. Then you won't have to worry about making jokes. You can simply dirty talk women into sex if you got the confidence for it.

Tazman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Humor is simply an attractive trait to have, but how does that humor match up to everything else? I think that's what's important.

Hell, anytime a chick likes you she'll be dying laughing at all your jokes anyway. It's actually kind of embarrassing when you KNOW the jokes are weak, it's like "ok, shut up already".

Hooligan Harry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its rapport. You need to build rapport with strangers to build comfort. With comfort comes genuine interest and trust. With that comes social intimacy. Which leads to physical intimacy eventually if there is a high level of attraction.

Humor builds rapport between people. Its all about finding common ground. "If you are laughing at the same thing, you like the same things" There is no better rapport builder then humor. The reason why women like a funny guy is because they make the emotional little 110lbs weakling feel comfortable and interesting.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If a sense of humor were really the trait that women found most important in men, then all the funny guys who look like Danny DeVito and Louie Anderson would be as successful with women as the most handsome hunks.

A good wit and an ability to make her laugh is vital, but don't fool yourself. Your sense of humor wont make you look any better with your shirt off.