Men and Women Have Different Hard Wiring

Dr. Reed

Don Juan
Reaction score
Neurobiology tells us that male brains utilize about 6.5 times more Grey matter for activity while female brains utilize nearly ten times more white matter. What does this difference mean? Our brains are fundamentally different.

Grey matter areas of the brain are information to action centers. Grey matter contains lots of cell bodies and relatively few myelinated axons, while white matter contains relatively few cell bodies and lots of of myelinated axons.1 White matter affects learning distribution and coordinates communication between different brain regions. It is more process oriented.2 That is why females operate from what I call a “Process Oriented Paradigm.”

Grey matter creates more focus, more intensity, a tunnel vision when doing something like hunting. Once they are deeply engaged in a task, men may not demonstrate much sensitivity to other people or their surroundings.3 This tunnel vision is why men operate from what I call “The Problem-Solution Paradigm.”

White matter enables females to take on multiple tasks all at once without breaking a sweat. “Women are great multi-taskers, while men excel in highly task-focused projects.”4 My wife manages a large medical facility. She can handle a three person conference call, compose an email, and watch her favorite cooking show all at once. Women are more empathetic and better at making emotional connections.5

Men are better at building cities, growing food, killing foo, getting food and other necessities from point A to B. Men are much better at developing and implementing technologies. We build civilizations.

For more than 100 thousand years the Problem Solution Paradigm and The Process Oriented Paradigm enabled Homo Sapien to adapt, survive, and build civilizations. Men and women are different, but both Paradigms were necessary for survival.

1 Purves, Dale; George J. Augustine; David Fitzpatrick; William C. Hall; Anthony-Samuel LaMantia; James O. McNamara; Leonard E. White (2008). Neuroscience (4th ed.). Sinauer Associates. pp. 15–16. ISBN 978-0-87893-697-7.
2Douglas Fields, R. (2008). "White Matter Matters". Scientific American. 298 (3): 54–61. Bibcode:2008SciAm.298c..54D. doi:10.1038/scientificamerican0308-54.
3Jantz, 2014. Brain Differences Between Genders, Psychology Today Feb. 27
4Ibid.
5Crespi and Badcock, 2008 Battle of the sexes may set the brain.Nature. 2008 Aug 28;454(7208):1054-5. doi:10.1038/4541054a.

Dr. Reed

Don Juan
Reaction score
Indeed, women are better at having multiple partners and men are more likely to get oneitis.
Women are better at concealing the fact that they have multiple partners.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Women are better at concealing the fact that they have multiple partners.
Men can't truly have multiple partners per se, because a man who goes for what he wants already has his favorite girl. Men can, however have the ability to find a new partner quickly.

That is, men are vine swingers and can't be branch swingers.

I always told my last girl "If you cross me, a better girl will appear in my life, so I hope you cross me!"

Dr. Reed

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sure you can (have several partners) you have just been conditioned by society to think that you can't. What you can't do is date several women and lie about it. Women are better at this behavior, you will get caught.

Do you really think she just "forgot" that earing in you sock drawer? No, she is marking her territory. She wants other women to see it. Do you think she needs to use my brush when she has 10 of her own? No, she wants her hair there.

If a girl has high interest, and wonders why you don't take her out on Saturday she is going to ask "are you seeing anyone else?"

You answer "only 5 other women, but you are my favorite. Ha ha." Then you transition "how many guys are you seeing? I know I am your favorite, but I am curious." I do the same thing when they ask if I have ever married.

I got this question at the 3 week and 5 week dating mark from the women I am now married to. Lets call her "Susan." Twice I woke up and found a loooooong break up letter posted on my bathroom mirror. Each time I got her back within 48 hours.

She found a straight long black hair and wanted to know who's it was? All the woman I was dating had long black hair. I said "it is yours, schmoo boo." She said "no, it is 2 inches longer than mine.

At the 7.5 week mark one of my "plates" as you guys call them was leaving my house. 5 minutes later Susan shows up on my door step looking very flustered. I opened the door and said "hi sweetie." She said "I left my jacket here." It was 80 degrees out. She stormed past me, went and got het coat and says "I don't care if you are seeing other women, I am going to fight for you!" I then decided to stop seeing other women. That was 12 years ago and she just brought me my dinner after working a 10 hour day. I think she also hit the gym earlier. Married life can be awesome, IF you land the right girl (one out of 50).

It is all a matter of managing women properly (and only dating high quality women).

Dr. Reed

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a guy that absolutely HATES multitasking. Even if I have 20 items on my To Do List, I prefer to put all my focus into one item at a time.
Now you know why. Just remember, who created all the tech needed for my wife to multi task with? Phone, computer, TV? Who built the buildings, produced the food, provided protection, transportation and all the great modern amenities?

Men. It could only be done with a problem solution mindset.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a guy that absolutely HATES multitasking. Even if I have 20 items on my To Do List, I prefer to put all my focus into one item at a time.
me too, while Im driving unless Im very familiar with the way and the traffic I would rather stay silent than talk or have the radio on
And no phone calls while Im playing video games

Dr. Reed

Don Juan
Reaction score
One thing I have always wondered is are men more susceptible to one-itis? I have been on plenty of female dating forums and they never talk about it. They talk about men like it is shopping for an appliance.
No. For men having many partners is the best way to ensure the propagation of his DNA. Wanting to **** everything that walls is an adaptation. For women, they needed one man who would invest all his resources into her and her child.

This does not mean men are immune. There are a number of evolutionary reasons for men to develop one-itis, they are just not programed to the degree that women are. If you live in small clans the number of women are obviously limited and there is probably only one or two age appropriate hotties. Today there is always another bus coming.

Keep in mind that this board is not representative of the male population. Most came here, as I did long ago, fresh off a painful breakup IE they came in BECAUSE they had one-ites.

After a while (and the taking of the right colored pill a la The Matrix) they developed enough game to never get one-ites again, or at least minimize it. Therefore, this board has an unrepresentative amount of men at the extremes, not the middle.

SteR

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One thing I have always wondered is are women more susceptible to one-itis? I have been on plenty of female dating forums and they never talk about it. They talk about men like it is shopping for an appliance.
I've always figured because of being the passive sex, and having men approach on the regular, that women are unlikely to fall into that position. I guess if all men approached regularly and were having success with multiple women they'd probably be in the same boat.The difference is men have to put in the effort, women don't have to do anything.