Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Mega Oneitis...

the_capn

Reaction score
Hi fellas!

I am posting here from Toronto, Canada...and I have quite a lengthy story for you.

I just graduated from college 2 days ago. I should be excited but I feel empty and quite full of regret and sorrow. I don't know what is coming over me.

The story starts with September of 2010. I enrolled in a computer science program, and in my class met a girl who completely had me made. I was practically in love with her, and she rejected me. This is the story of how it all happened, and being that I can't forget it, no matter how hard I try, and I still like her, I just have to get this out of my system. Maybe writing about it will finally allow me to let it go!

As I already mentioned, the story begins with the start of my post-secondary education. The first day of class, I walked into the room, and quickly scanned the surroundings. I spotted this cute girl, HB8 sitting in the back of the class. I sat at the table close to her, and checked her out, but did not talk with her on that first day. The next day, I decided to befriend one of the guys in her group, and was successful at it. We quickly exchanged emails, and started chatting almost right away. I was asking her to come with me for a coffee almost every other day, and she always accepted graciously, and with a smile. We talked about everything and anything, and I was really getting to know this girl, but at the same time, I was beginning to fall for her. This, for me, was the beginning of the end! My friend (the one whom I've used to gain entrance into her social circle) suggests to me that Caitlin likes me. He gives me all the classic signs that he has noticed her displaying: she was laughing at all my jokes, even the lamest ones. She would initiate touching just to get me to talk with her, etc...so I decided to ask her out.

Little did I know, just how tied my balls were in this situation! The next week, we had our first midterm, and I told her not to leave after class because I want to talk with her about something. The class ends, and we meet outside, and just as I am about to ask her out, this big, fat loser ******* shows up behinds us, interjects into the conversation and completely takes over. He knew what I was about to do, and purposely c0ckblocked me!

I was pissed off at this point, and went to the gym where I met with my friend. He asked me if I did it, and I told him how the big guy c0ckblocked me, and at that point, I was so full of rage, I made a massive dent in one of the locker doors by punching it. My had became swollen, but I didn't give a sh!t and still worked out.

The next day, I ask her to come for a coffee with me, and she accepts. I asked her out on the way to the coffee shop, and she said "Maybe. I have to check my schedule." RED FLAG right there, and I didn't see it then. I tell her I will give her a few days to think it over, and that I will call her that weekend to confirm.

I call on Sunday afternoon, but get no answer, instead just voicemail. I didn't bother with leaving a message and I decided I would ignore her cause she didn't deserve my attention. At this point in time, I only wish I would hav followed through with it!

I told my friend that I started seeing someone else. At this point, I am no longer sitting close to Caitlin, nor am I attempting to talk with her at all. I am basically ignoring her, until my friend tells me that she's confused, and that she still wants to go out with me. The next day, we start talking again after class, and she tells me I shouldn't have gotten mad after she didn't answer my call, that she was busy...to which I asked her "Is it really THAT hard to return a fvcking call Caitlin? Give me a break!" At this point she tells me how that same fatass who c0ckblocked me week prior, had asked her to come see a movie with him. She BEGS of me to come with them, but I refuse, telling her I have a date with someone who is actually into me, and not trying to use me for her own gain.

At this point, she looks at me and say, that she's sorry she didn't return my call, and to make that up to me, she will go out with me to movies and a dinner on Tuesday, a day of my choice (it is Thursday at this point, so 4 days). Tuesday comes around, and we hung out after class for lunch. She had to go to work (temporary 1 weeks placement...elections) until 15:00, but she gave me directions on how to find the place. We said our goodbyes for now, and I went to the gym to work out. After my 1-hour workout was done, and I got changed, I notice I have 8 new text messages on my phone. They are ALL from her! In the first one she tells me she has to cancel because she got a job interview for a sales position at 17:00 that day, and that we wouldn't have enough time for movie or dinner...second through eights messages BEGGED me not to get mad at her. That she didn't mean this, and that she will make it up to me.

I didn't respond. I called her at 15:30, cause I knew she was done work, but she didn't pick up. At this point, I text her, and tell her to stop wasting my time, and she tells me that we "can't let emotions get in the way", or some bull**** like that. I maintained my position, and didn't budge. I set her aside, and told her that if she was interested in me, she wouldn't string me along like that. She just stood there silent as I walked away again.

The school dance is coming up, so my friend buys me 2 tickets for the event...one for me, and the other one for Caitlin. He does the work for me, and invites her to be there, but his fiancee also came with us. This whole situation made it all extremely awkward, to say the least! Here I was, on a double date, with a couple about to get married, and a girl I am trying to get to know...too much pressure on me, and I cracked. It showed in my behavior all night too...my confidence had just somehow evaporated!

Two weeks pass, and we have our first exam. She comes to class (at this point, sh!t is back to normal, we are talking, but I don't mention anything at all about my asking her out. She tells me how she had a bad time this weekend because she's been having severe migraines, and has been fainting for the past few days. That same day, she ended up in a hospital. She texts me at midnight, to deliver the news. At this point, I am sitting in my bed at home, just about ready to tear my hair out. This was the exact moment when EVERYTHING fell apart for me in one fell swoop! I sat there for what seemed like hours, finally standing up, picking up my car keys and going out for a long drive at 4:00 in the morning! I just couldn't sleep. She was on my mind, and I was worried sick about her. The next day I text her, telling he I will come to see her later that day. I went there and met her whole family, everyone was extremely nice to me, and she was even smiling, and told me how happy she was to see me there.

She gets out of the hospital 2 weeks later, and things start to change. She becomes cold to me, almost distant, and is responding to everything I say in one sentence or less. I sensed something was wrong, but didn't do anything about it at that point thinking it would just pass. I couldn't have been more wrong, it would only get worse from this point on.

At this point we are on our mid-semester break for one week. I broke down again last night, after a long night of drinking with my buddies at a local pub, and wrote her a gushing email message confessing my undying love for her...big fvcking mistake!. I waited for a reply for 10 days, no more, no less! When she finally responded, she said that she could only see the two of us as friends, and that she was also seeing someone else, an old friend of hers, at the moment.

I decide to call her bluff, and respond with how I feel she stringed me along for the last 4 months, and how she only wasted my time. Another gushing part followed, with me writing about how I can't be without her, and how I was dating someone else up until a few days ago, but all I could think about was her, so I broke it off with the poor girl.

Then she responded with how she "never implied anything, she spoke to me as she would speak to any of her other friends, so as for stringing me along, she definitely didn't...she doesn't really know where I was getting that from."

I called her bluff again, basically saying she was bull****ting me! After this, she replies with: "Originally I did still want to be friends, but as time went on I realized it wouldn't work out and I think it's best that you and I go our separate ways. I don't feel like we can be friends after all this. All I want to do is finish this course, graduate, and move on. I'm not looking to make new friends or boyfriends . I'm in this program to get an education not to cater to other peoples feelings."

Notice the bold part in the previous paragraph...well she pretty much confirmed she's been stringing me a long not after that, through her actions. We enrolled in the second semester, and there was a new guy in one of our classes. I could see right away she was attracted to him, and not long after that, they started dating. At this point, I sent her another email, in which I said one thing only: "Thank you for lying to me and wasting my fvcking time. I hope you burn in hell for this.", and with that I deleted her off my FB, Twitter, LinkedIn, MSN, and YAHOO! messenger. I also got rid of her number as well. I thought I was ready to move on, but I was wrong.

the_capn

Reaction score
Over the next few months I was still head over heels for this girl. Even though she was taken, I was actively looking for ways to derail their relationship, and get her all to myself. Then something changed, and I started dating another girl. We were going out for about a month, when one day, I drove by a local cafe and saw her passionately kissing another guy. I lost it once again! This time I went straight to NO CONTACT. She called me 10 times over the next 2 weeks, but I didn't return ANY of her calls.

Fast forward to 2 months later. I am finishing my first year in college, and getting ready to look for a summer job. I start talking with Caitlin again, this time we are both smoking, and it's just for company nothing else...to her, but not to me. At this point I was still trying to turn the tables. I still wanted her desperately, and it probably showed, now that I look back on it. I never made a move on her again, but she appeared to have forgotten about my little mishap.

Another fast forward...to present day. A few weeks ago, she tells me her BF broke up with her via txt msg. At this point I kicked it into overdrive, I was displaying a ton of interest in her, but this time, on a personal level. I was actually getting to know her by getting her to open up to me about why they are breaking it off. She told me she dropped off all his stuff back at his house, and that at this point he would have a big mountain to climb if he wanted her back.

About a week later, she tells me they are going to talk it over, and I tell her that the two of them will get back together. When she asked me why, I said "because you deserve it, and I know that this WILL come to pass." That day, we went out for lunch with a few of our classmates, and had a good time.

They ended up getting back together, just as I had predicted. The next day we were out for our daily cigarette, and started talking about past relationships for some reason (she brought it up). This time she tells me that she had to reject me before when I first asked her out, because she was seeing someone else at that time. I tell her that we all make mistakes, me more so than anyone else, and she should know about that by now. She gave me a smile and once again said that she was sorry about how it all turned out for us in the end.

Last flash forward...to the last day of school. She couldn't stop staring at me, probably wondering about the past, and what if she had allowed me to enter her life. But, it is too late for that now! She has her own man, and I have my own girl that I have just recently started seeing. I even asked Caitlin for advice on whether it would be too early to ask this girl to be my GF, after 3 weeks of dating. She once again tells me "as long as you know she isn't seeing anyone else.", and smiles again. After this, I gave her a long hug, and one final goodbye. I will miss this girl, I obviously still do like her, but I'm very slowly moving on from her.

Have any of you guys been in a similar situation before in your life??? How did you handle it??

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i have done many many many AFC moves in my time, not all on the same girl though. i hope having written it out and having someone read it helps you out. scroll down and start reading the DJ bible, itll explain where you went wrong better than I ever could.

Peace.

Renegade357

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Heh, I'll read this later and give detailed thoughts but chances are if you have to post a book like this something is wrong on all fronts.

Albatross953

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, well that was a long read. You're about to be told by a dozen guys to never see or speak to her again. But I'll go one better, it sounds like you are the type who plans things...like women. Me too, cause and effect. But women are tough with that approach. So your new rule...you CANNOT talk to this woman for any reason. Unless she's naked first. That's your new boundary. No more lap dog. Read the castle thread, and just got dumped.

And go talk to other girls!

Renegade357

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, I felt bad so I read the whole thing. I don't know if you really want me to be monday morning QB for you but whatever I'll do it anyway. Forgive me for being harsh but you need it.

1. You should have asked her out sooner. You don't ask a girl on 100 coffee dates and try to work your way into her heart through friendship. You will fail. You should have gotten her number earlier and asked her straight out one on one. Limit your contact with girls you are interested in early on or else they will lose interest in you fast. You actually totally blew your chances with this girl way in the beginning but you didn't realize it.

2. When she told you she had a boyfriend you should have told her to call you after she drops him. She won't.

3. Writing her a love email. Why are you writing a love email to a girl that doesn't like you? Of course you already know you messed up here. Never again.

4. Trying to derail her relationship? Big no no. Let the other guy derail it for you. The harder you push to derail the longer she'll stay with the loser.

5. When she told you she broke up with her boyfriend you became her temporary emotional boyfriend and even worse her pyschiatrist.

6. Daily cig? You are friend zoned and have become an orbiter. Congrats.

7. One shot, per woman, per lifetime. Take your shots early and then bail/move on if it fails. Always get out first.

8. You were upside down on interest level with this girl the entire time. When you like her more than she likes you and you can't fake it you are dead. Women are like dogs, they can smell fear and high interest level. And they will eat you alive.

the_capn said:
Have any of you guys been in a similar situation before in your life??? How did you handle it??
Hell yeah, I got crushed a few times just like you. You just freaking learn from your mistakes and move on to the next one. A few girls down the line and you'll forget this triffling harpy ever existed. Good luck dude. Oneitis is the killer. Best to never catch it. We're all human though. The trick is to be aware. Be aware of what's going on and you stand a fighting chance.

Skalioppe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, you were so unlucky. She was definitely into you and wanted you before you went all Omega freak out boy on her. I can't blame you though, emotions can turn the most rational man into a fvckwit uber demon in short time. It's why women can be irrational mental cases, simply because they are slaves to these emotions far more often than we are.

I've been in your boat twice. Two amazing women, spanning about 4 years, both wanted wanted a relationship but I was dragging my heels - seriously regret it. The first one was a game-playing b1tch (renowned for it) and warned me of it : "I always turn men nuts, I don't know why?", I was like "yeah right, well it won't happen to me". Anyway she wanted a relationship, even dumped a girl for her, but played with my heart and mind and in the end I snapped and went thermo-nuclear at her for p1ssing me around. She ended up going out with some guy who was at best a Beta but seemed largely unaffected by her. She's still with him but text /sexts me a lot.

The other was probably "the one" - absolutely adored her. We were banging regularly and going away together, but after a while she wanted something concrete, asked me for a relationship and I sort of ignored it. Didn't see her for a month or so then she bombshells that she's met a bloke. NC'd her to try to ease my pain, but my realisation of what I lost only increased.

Learn from it and you never know, if you played your game correctly, with a sprinkle of luck, you could in time win her back.

Renegade357

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Skalioppe said:
Learn from it and you never know, if you played your game correctly, with a sprinkle of luck, you could in time win her back.
Win her back? He never had her in the first place. She gave him all the signals to take the shot and ask her out early but he delayed. Meanwhile she's getting hussled by 5 other guys one of which seals the deal and makes her his g/f.

Sure, he could win her in a few years if he gets his stuff together and their paths cross again. She'll actually have to be single of course. But why bother wasting more time? Eventually after her spell wears off he'll realize that she wasn't all that great to begin with.

Skalioppe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Renegade357 said:
Sure, he could win her in a few years if he gets his stuff together and their paths cross again. She'll actually have to be single of course. But why bother wasting more time? Eventually after her spell wears off he'll realize that she wasn't all that great to begin with.
Of course it would be in the distant future and not now, and not without a massive reinvention and a lot of work, and it would be taking a step back, but it was in response to his "mega-oneitis" needs.

Personally there are far too many women out there for him to bother.

Renegade357

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Skalioppe said:
Of course it would be in the distant future and not now, and not without a massive reinvention and a lot of work, and it would be taking a step back, but it was in response to his "mega-oneitis" needs.
I've actually pulled it off twice before. That is several years later totally turned the tables on a girl. But three things happened.

a. I was a completely different person.
b. I was totally over her.
c. She was actually single.

I didn't want them back. Not even close. One of them crapped out a kid and got divorced. The other gained a bunch of weight. Awesome right?

the_capn

Reaction score
Exactly what I was expecting guys! I know how badly I screwed this up. Also...in the early stages, after I added her on FB for the first time, she was frequently listening to my recordings (I play guitar, and absolutely love it in my spare time, all the time!). She said I was an amazing musician, and that I remind her of her father. Man I knew she wanted me right after she said this, but I was a mega wuss...kept thinking "what if she turns me down??" so much so, that I pulled the trigger way too ****ing late, and in the WORST way possible!

As most of you have said...you live and learn. Also, when this guy dumped her, I'm sure he pulled a 'George Costanza' (pre-emptive break up) via text. This only drove her bonkers to fix the damn thing.

Long story short...she wasn't worth my time, effort, or continued patience, and I full well KNOW THIS...just somehow can't let it go. I am seeing another girl right now, and we have decided to become a couple. I really like her too, and I know she is into me as much as I am into her, but on some level, it still don't feel the same. To me, Caitlin will always be "the one who got away" due to my own stupidity and negligence!

I have ruined one perfectly good relationship in the past because of my ONEITIS, not going to happen again! I have made it abundantly clear to her (Caitlin) that I found my happiness, and before that, I actually chatted up a few girls right in front of her, and got their numbers. She was giving me weird looks...mainly because she has NEVER seen this side of me before, considering how much of a wuss I was with her. I have even told her that I have been a wuss, because she was like a goddess to me. I told her that once I lost that mentality, I regained all my confidence, and now I'm right back where I was before I met her (a lie, but she doesn't have to know that...who cares!).

I will actually have one more chance to see her. It will be about a year from now, when we officially receive our diplomas (the paperwork). Until then, I have a lot of thinking and work to do, if I am ever to get her back...then again, at this point, she ain't worth a dime!

Thanks again fellas! And please, keep the suggestions coming this way! I need as many opinions on this as I can possibly get.

NewAndImproved

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This was tough to read especially because I have stories just like it.

What stands out reading some of my old journals and reading yours here is just how melodramatic they are.

It's a girl man.

Seriously, we're talking about a girl.

One girl.

A girl man.

A girl you didn't even get sexual with.

A single girl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI

Last night, I ran into a bunch of girls from college that I haven't seen since graduation. I used to have a lot of ridiculous rules-- being the melodramatic AFC I was. Like I would only dance with my one its, no one else. Why would I want to lead anyone else on? (crazy, I know) Of course then it would take the whole night to work up the courage to dance with my one its and it would be the Most Important Thing Ever.

Last night, though, I danced with every one of those girls. Felt like a real man *****. Ended up number closing with one after she saw me dancing with everyone else and she's definitely down.

This stuff should be fun man. That's my only rule now.

seek&destroy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Small update. Today we went out for a cigarette and during the conversation she asked me how my date went.

I told her it couldn't have gone any better, and then told her about all the fun things we did. I took my girl to one of the nicest restaurants in town, and I got us a good hook up, because I just happen to know the main chef.
She looked impressed, but I didn't care. I had a 30 minute presentation during our classtime today, and she couldn't take her eyes off me (about 2-3 other people were paying attention to what I had to say, the rest were browsing the internet). I can see she is playing game, or trying to again. She seems legitimately jealous, and that is good...because that just made me realize how much I don't want her now. Freedom of the mind is the worst thing you could lose, and if you let a harpy ***** strip it away from you, like I did, you will be staring down a well full of **** for the foreseeable future!

seek&destroy

Don Juan
Reaction score
The answer is simple, bradd80

Cause' I was a bumbling idiot! That's why! :) The OP is pretty much in the same ****ing boat as me!
Life is too short, and we should not waste time away by fawning over one piece of ass, she don't deserve it! I had this happen to me too many times to count. I feel your pain OP.

One simple word: NEXT!

Good luck!

Skalioppe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@seek&destroy : That woman probably wants you now. Why?

1. Apathy. Because you don't give a fvck about getting her now. Push pull dynamic at work. You've pulled away (showed her signs that she's no longer worthy enough of your affections), so she pushes toward you.
2. Territory. Women are territorial as fvck, and she's lost her admirer, that hurts the ego like fvck.
3. Pre-selection. Women are programmed to be more attracted to men that have been pre-selected by other women. Women trust other women's vetting processes, because women all strive for the same thing : Alpha men. Go out on a night with a group of women friends, guarantee you'll get loads of interest from outsider women. Pre-selection!
4. Personal Growth. You've grown as a person, this demonstrates higher value.

seek&destroy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Skalioppe said:
@seek&destroy : That woman probably wants you now. Why?

3. Pre-selection. Women are programmed to be more attracted to men that have been pre-selected by other women. Women trust other women's vetting processes, because women all strive for the same thing : Alpha men. Go out on a night with a group of women friends, guarantee you'll get loads of interest from outsider women. Pre-selection!
4. Personal Growth. You've grown as a person, this demonstrates higher value.
She has seen a big change in me no doubt, and she initiated that change when she rejected me 2 years ago. Now if she's beginning to realize it's her loss, she may try to push to get my attention again, but the sad part is she only has a limited amount of time (very much so!) left to do it. I can tell you right now, she won't succeed!

I have a new life, and new girlfriend who is into me way more than she ever could be. My life has completely changed within the past 2 months alone! I used to be shy and very reserved, now I tell it like it is! I am not afraid to stand up for myself, or for someone else when I see they are being ridiculed or made fun of. I take the initiative in nearly everything now, instead of just blindly following others like I used to in the past. I have become a leader, and have more than just started my transformation to alpha land.

The_Capn...if you do the same, you will get her to start thinking about you again...but at what cost? And is it really worth it to waste more time on her?
These are the only two questions that should matter right now to you, my man! If you want her, do this, and I can guarantee she will come back...pre-selection is a powerful thing, do not underestimate it!

My suggestion to you, capn...move on. She don't deserve you. If she was dumb enough to reject you in the first place, it's always been her loss! Just keep that in mind, and you will be fine!

In my situation, she was into me a while back, but I made the same mistake as capn...waiting too long and she flocked away to a scrawny manchild of a guy. I could easily kick his ass if he ever wanted to scrap with me, and if he did, it would be pretty stupid of him. I have gained a lot of muscle within the last 4 months, and lost ALL my belly fat. I am very close to a six-pack, and I couldn't feel any better right now!

All that change I went through has made me realize just how unworthy of my attention she really always has been!