Meeting you know who

Remulak

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Me and my girlfriend have been together roughly 6 months and I'm going out to dinner with her parents next week and I'm kind of nervous about it. I don't know why but whenever it comes to meeting a girlfriend's parents I don't look forward to it because I feel like I'm going to be judged. Does anyone have any tips or anything to deal with the situation. I'm kind of shy so I don't know what I'm going to talk about and stuff. Please mature and serious answers only.

idontknow1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just be yourself.... parents are always looking for a good "guy" for there daughter. If your right for her then you have nothing to worry about. Just play it cool and dont do anything stupid and it always works out in the end.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just ask them to tell you some stories about your girl and share some related stories about yourself while growing up (nothing too dark). You want to project yourself as steady, determined and a planner; not someone who jumps into things haphazardly.

Six months is an important time in a relationship, it's when each of you determine whether to fish or cut bait. At six months, her wanting to introduce you to her parents is a good thing for you, it means that your girl really interested in you. Just remember that you're not going into a den of wolves on your own, you have an ally on your side.

Remulak

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
She said "It's weird you're meeting my parents, I haven't introduced any guys to my parents since high school."

So todays the day I'm meeting her parents we're going out to dinner tonight. Wish me luck!

Mental

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Remulak said:
Me and my girlfriend have been together roughly 6 months and I'm going out to dinner with her parents next week and I'm kind of nervous about it. I don't know why but whenever it comes to meeting a girlfriend's parents I don't look forward to it because I feel like I'm going to be judged. Does anyone have any tips or anything to deal with the situation. I'm kind of shy so I don't know what I'm going to talk about and stuff. Please mature and serious answers only.
EVERYONE is going to judge you. It ca't be helped.

My ex girlfriend's father hated my guts, and I never actually met him. But he was an illiterate, angry, violent drunk, so that was HIS malfunction. He was an ass.

Just don't be crass in front of them, or talk about how often your shtooping their daughter (if you are). Be a cool guy, be yourself, but give them respect, even if they're jackasses. Don't kiss up to them, don't be phoney. And remember, you're dating their daughter, and not them. If they get out of lne, defend yourself, and do it with tact and class. You're golden, anyway.

It's like a date (all the polite stuff), but you're not interested in the parents, so it's no big deal. If you keep building it up into something, then it will seem bigger than it is, and you'll make yourself more nervous than you have to be.

I hope you have the worst of luck, and I hope they never want to see you again, and I hope you break a leg. (In show business, that actually means I'm wishing you really good luck).

Thomas94305

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If she's taking you to her parents, she has a high opinion of you.. so you're basically in at this point. Don't do anything extremely embarassing, and you're done. Don't have condoms in your pocket, caz sometimes an all-telling circle can show. Relax, act like you've known them a while, address the alpha of the group; Dad.

Sun Tzu

Don Juan
Reaction score
KillaPetehog speaks with much wisdom.

Anyone who finds himself in the same situation should memorize his post, and he will do absolutely fine.

Sun Tzu

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do the same you would to impress a women;

~Dress sharp
~Good posture
~BE POSITIVE!

Just let them know that their baby isn't with some deadbeat.