Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Meet up alone, then with friends on first date?

Scought

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am supposed to hang with a buddy tonight. Then a girl i met this weekend wanted to know what I was doing tonight.

So, not wanting to break my word with my friend I suggested a single then double date. What do you all think?

First, her and I would meet up and grab a drink. Then my buddy would meet up with us later and she would have a friend come along. If the date sucks I am with my friend and can do something else, if its great than I have social proof and my buddy gets hooked up with a girl for himself.

I think it's a win-win situation. Plus, the pressure isn't there as we both know we will have some friends joining us.

Basically, I don't want to cancel plans with my friend, but I want to see her, too. I'm spur-of-the-moment so I thought I could kill two birds with one stone.

Bad idea?

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No way, not on a 1st date (only the 2nd time you've met her). Way too soon to bring anybody's friends into anything.

Just meet up and grab a drink, then leave. Tell her you already had plans with a friend. Nothing wrong with a 45 minute date.

Your friend just wants to meet women: "free chick!" That is a cool thing to do for him . . . but it's too soon to be asking this girl for favors, like finding a single friend for your buddy, on the 1st date.

Scought

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good points.....but my friend and I will NOT fall over the same girl.

Plus, this is a fun way to see if she is fun. If she likes me, she will like me....if she doesn't, she doesn't.

The wheels have been set in motion.

I will get a drink with this girl first, and then they might come hang out and we head out elsewhere. Either way, its just a fun night out with some new people.

Max Power

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sure have fun.

I wasn't referring to your friend as the ****block, but her friend. Plus what if her friend doesn't like your friend. This just complicates things.

Scought

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Max,

Thanks for the response.

It ended up being just me and her, which, looking back on it, was probably the best thing.

It went great: I actually found a woman that I can see myself really liking. Lately, I have been getting bored and disinterested in the women I have been meeting. But, she is awesome. She loves Football, Basketball, the fall and winter, we like some of the same music, she is smart...it goes on....now the challenge is to not put her on a pedestal--thats easy to do with women that I am ho-hum about, but I need to keep the same approach.

bachelor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I would never do a double date on the first date. You want her to get to KNOW you not your friends... Next time, take her to Starbucks or a casual restaurant and keep things simple. Set up the second date with some friends that are going out for a movie or whatever. If she barely knows you, how do you expect her to get to know your friends right off the bat too?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bachelor said:
I would never do a double date on the first date. You want her to get to KNOW you not your friends... Next time, take her to Starbucks or a casual restaurant and keep things simple...
:yes: Best thing a guy can do is to first qualify her one on one.

KnockoutJM

Don Juan
Reaction score
Go out with her for a little while, and leave her wanting more. You should wait until you are stable before you introduce friends into it