Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

meditation

Livinlifehard

Don Juan
Reaction score
Every week i take 2 days off from weights or training (i have a random work scheduel so some weeks i lift more then train... and other way around). So i read something about meditation, does that **** really work? How do you do it? I read something about walking down the street for about a hour listening to music. I guess i drive a lot and that is part of my meditation....

da_hunter

Banned
Reaction score
I've been practicing meditation 20 minutes twice a day for two months, and it has really helped me to gain clarity and focus. There are many techniques and schools of thought regarding the practice and purpose of meditation - there is transcendental meditation, hermetic meditation, zen meditation, etc. Google around and pick the one that seems the best fit for you.

For the first 2-3 weeks or longer, it will not matter any way what technique you are following. You will be working on establishing the habit of meditating, and learning to sit still and quiet your mind - this is a lot harder than it seems.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-uSzTKMqJA
I first became interested in meditation after watching this video about David Lynch and Transcendental meditation on youtube. He has been doing it every day for 32 years and I have a great admiration for what he has achieved in life.

Here are some links to get you started on meditation
http://del.icio.us/redmond007/meditation

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
there's many ways to go about it. If you want a non-sectarian guide, I'd recommend a book by Matthieu Ricard: "Happiness: a guide to developing life's most important skill." Nearly every chapter ends with a new meditation exercise. Though written by a Frenchman turned Buddhist monk, he's not going to foist off any of his beliefs onto you, except maybe that the human race could stand a bit less selfishness. (I know, that's anathema on these forums!) If you're from a monotheistic background and would like to deepen that experience, specify what sort and I can make some other recommendations.

To the question of "does it work?" I would have to say that you get out of it almost precisely what you are willing to put in (that includes researching it upfront rather than expecting it to "just happen").

Walking & listening to music doesn't sound like meditation. And I hope you don't actually achieve anything even remotely like the very shallowest meditative state while driving. I have a friend who does that, and he has the traffic tickets (mostly for running stop signs) to prove it.

Charm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd like to ask what you believe you specifically need or want in your life right now that meditation might "work to help with".

Life is full of distractions and our brains can act as filters to help us wade through the complexities of reality. Meditation is a way of calming our minds and empowering us with control of our thoughts so that we have more control of our mental perceptions. By learning to be undisturbed by external and internal stimuli that is not constructively helping you reach your goals, you will become more effective at getting what you want out of life. Meditation when done correctly can help you along that process.