Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

McDonalds

bud_2005

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My crack head friend told me McDonalds uses 98% lean beef.:crackup: Is this true and if not what %lean is it?

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Even if its true its loaded with sugar so it kind of defeats the purpose even if the meat itself is healthy.

blinkwatt101

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Doesn't matter how lean it is. The fact that their beef is injected with hydrogen oil is enough to let me know that it's crap.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it's 83% lean for most of their patties, a bit leaner for quarter-pounders. although the real trouble with most of their sandwiches is the white bun.

it's true that no matter what you eat at McD's you get at least a little bit of trans fats.

the standard patties (hamburger, big mac, etc) do not have any trans fats but the standard buns do.

the new angus "premium buns" do not...but the patties DO. oops.

also their fried sandwiches & fries are fully of trans fats, in spite of long running promises to switch to another oil blend.

blinkwatt101

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
it's true that no matter what you eat at McD's you get at least a little bit of trans fats.

I'm not sure if that applies to European countries as I thought most European countries banned trans fats.

the standard patties (hamburger, big mac, etc) do not have any trans fats but the standard buns do.

Do you mind linking the info on that? I know some frozen burgers at Sam's Club even have trans fat. I'm not too sure why McDonald's would care if theirs do.

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry too much about it as you should be at home grilling most of your meals anyway. Even if Mcdonalds or some other fast food joint claims they are "low fat" you should still be cooking most of your meals anyway. If you want to have an occassional cheat meal go ahead but just under moderation.

For the record, here's a website you can go to and get all of the nutritional facts from the major fast food chains to see for yourself what you are eating:

http://www.fastfoodnutrition.org/r-nutrition-facts/McDonalds-item.html

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
blink, you implied that they inject the patties with partially hydrogenated oils, which is not true. most meat products contain a small amount of trans fats naturally, which have never been shown to be harmful. this is one reason why food labeling rules in the US allow amounts under 0.5 grams per serving to be reported as 0 grams. Canada, among other places, does not allow this.

and yes all my claims assume you're in the US, bros across the pond will need to adjust their expectations accordingly.

Deniska

Don Juan
Reaction score
blinkwatt101 said:

I'm not sure if that applies to European countries as I thought most European countries banned trans fats.

Do you mind linking the info on that? I know some frozen burgers at Sam's Club even have trans fat. I'm not too sure why McDonald's would care if theirs do.
I know for a fact that Greece has banned McCrap from their country and majority of fast food restaurants.